Ff13 steam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Hisenburg, Sep 18, 2014.

1. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    That was my initial thinking but it's a double edged sword because if they're released in a state like this and if this sells well they likely will be - we don't want them.

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Time will tell, I imagine if they see there's actually a market out there they might put more effort in for future releases.

3. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    That gedosato tool is ridiculous.

I literally just want the game to run at 1080p rather than 720p and when I start the game it says downsampling and has some 3k res to 1440p to 720p....no 1080p

I deleted the lines of the other resolutions and added in mine and it doesn't render tat 1080p

The default description for force downampling was no so I don't know why it even says that.

According to the config it is also trying to change all sorts of post processing, force FXAA among other nonsense.

Can someone tell me how to make a config that has none of the other garbage and just fixes the res?

EDIT:

I seem to have gotten it working but it is still saying it is downsampling from 2160p to 1080p...I have no idea why

RE: The Game

So far I am impressed. The textures are actually better than a lot of multiplats in recent years and only in one scene where they climb from the train did I see a bad texture. The game also doesn't suffer from a low FOV from having the camera too close to lightning either.

If they had just released the game with graphics options then people would have given this game a much warmer reception.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    In the folder you installed the tool into, there is a config folder with a folder for each game. There you'll find the auto settings for FF13. But...

You dont need to go in there, just launch the tool, select 'Edit Settings', at the bottom of the window that pops up on the bar that has 'Close' etc, hit the drop down box and look for 'Config\ffiiimg\GeDoSaTo.ini.

Edit the settings in this ini in the window.

And away....... you...... go!

5. HoltAllen

HoltAllen Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I am getting some pretty terrible FPS regardless of the resolution I play the game. Using the games default 720p mode FRAPS indicates I am running at 30FPS, however, the game still looks pretty inconsistent. Any attempt to run the game at a higher resolution through GeDoSaTo (1080p, 4K and above) results in the game running around 20FPS in battle mode and a very inconsistent 30FPS while walking around. Is anyone else experiencing this level of performance? I would have assumed I could run the game at 1080p 60FPS with ease!

6. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Thanks, I was editing the generic ini or something. Got it now, thanks :D

EDIT:

ok wow, now I like this tool. None of the garbage options of the config I was in before, rendering res, shadow res, AA option and bam; as you said away you go.

The Shadow res and AA options also clearing work as intended. Game looks great.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thats because its a terrible port that yet again pc gamers felt the need to buy for some misplaced sense of 'doing their part for the pc and showing devs support'.

As for the rest, its seems its barely touching the gpu, it may as well be running through (ps3) emulation software as the cpu is doing just as much work. Fps can be smooth while walking around, then get into battle the fps will tank.

Either wait for an official patch (wont happen), a fan patch, switch to Nvidia and hope someone finds some magical SLI bits... or get a refund.

8. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I think the performance problems are because of double buffered vsync, I'm sure the performance is not top notch either but it dropped to 45 for a bit for me and also to 45 but that is at 1080p with 8MSAA and shadow level set to 8 vs the default of 1.

99% of the time it is 60 frames.

GPU usage is about 19% so I wouldn't be surprised if peoples cards were going into 2d clocks.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I have 10-20% gpu usage and its in 3d clocks, i checked.

10. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Seriously loving this game.

I'm blown away by some of the character models and the rest of the game doesn't look half bad either. The cut scene with the fireworks literally had me with my mouth open. No one does cinematics like Square Enix. Takes me back to FFX...that game was a spiritual experience for me.

I'm at the point where you can choose skills and stats and jobs etc. The game is shaping up to be better than I was told. The first 3 hours are basically an intro...I think people are turned off by that.

BTW The images lost a lot of quality in uploading, the first pic alone is 5.63mb but it compressed it to 400kb

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I stopped playing due to the switching back an forth between characters all the god damn time. Turned it off once i got off the bridge and then into some temple at the start.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  12. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Just after that you have a full party of 8 people or something and you can choose who is in the battle team ( 3 party members ) you can choose each persons role ( job ) and you can create job sets to switch all 3 characters jobs to predefined jobs ( you edit the presets ) on the fly in battle.

You get to level up each character and can level them up within job schools, but stat upgrades are universal.

You also start to get new weapons etc and can buy more equipment.

Another half hour and the game really starts, including the amazing cinematics.

The first few hours are slow but it's just the intro.

The character switching shows how the 3 groups converge and meet up to become a team, no more switching after that, it's up to you.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Actually sounds quite decent, I could never get into JRPGs and gave up completely just after FF8.

Might try this out and see if my tastes have changed.

14. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    im quite enjoying it tbh, ok i loved FF10, didnt like FF12 much but this is more fun and the battle system is excellent( i do much prefer turn based though but this is the best realtime RPG battle system ive played )

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Press Esc to win game.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    The Paradigm system is seriously awesome.

In most JRPGs you have a dedicated White Mage, Black Mage, Ranged character, melee etc

With this system you can create presets for different classes for every character with 1 button press to switch.

I start out with 2 synergists and 1 saboteur. 1 casts protect and shell on each party member on the first few turns, the other boost magic and strength for each party member, the saboteur lowers the enemy defense and magic resist and then I switch to all damage dealling classes for a bit then when I need healing I switch to a preset with 2 damage dealers and 1 medic.

That is done within the first 2 minutes of combat with maybe 12 button presses.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..tho you dont need it for most (common) enemys (mobs), since you can win the battle with 1hp left and next time you have full hp again. So you dont need to buff defense or attack, fight just takes longer, its unnecessary and thats the bad thing about it. Pros look too fast behind the system.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Against mobs with high hp it's far far better to buff strength for each of your characters on the first turn to double attack power to take it down in 15 attacks or whatever than to just keep swinging 30 times with no buff.

It definitely has it's uses.

Even against enemies thst take 4 attack turns to kill can be killed in 3 if you buff on the first turn.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Reached Gran Pulse at chapter 11, game finally feels like it's opening up a bit and all those tutorials are finally finished.

But in fact the game only has 13 chapters so the game is in fact nearing it's end.

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    gran pulse is huge with a load of extra stuff to do in it (mostly hunting monsters)

as to how near the end, eh, never really got past it, I do know you probably need to grind to progress with the story