Amd crossfire games list - games without profiles/negative scaling WTF AMD

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    nvm....

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  2. amdranger

amdranger Guest

GPU:
    r9 290 quad crossfire
    i am sorry guys but he has a point i had a crossfire setups since beginning of time, and i truly sometime feeling an idiot keeping it

more and more time i spending goggling for finding a fixs for games for crossfire profiles which i have forgotten what it the pleasure of enjoying games without this hassle all the time.

nvidia\amd need to start to invest more in the crossfire\sli sections for giving proper support for thier cards mainly in software, they are tempting you to buy and add extra gpu for extra power and then when you do that , you are starting to find lot games not work has you expect, so if people invest a lot of $$$$ on Extra gpus they should get a good support for their investment OR like he said to be with one strong GPU

3. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    I have had 2 x 290 Crossfire for about 6 months now and agree with both spectatorx and amdranger.

The only game I actually want Crossfire to work with, BF4, either has big frametime variations in DX11 or is impossible to play with Mantle since the July patch due to the memory leak. Sad thing is that before the July patch I saw how good Mantle Crossfire can be.

From the games I preordered earlier this year, Thief had less stuttering with a single card when it was released than DX11 Crossfire. When the Mantle renderer was released, it was even faster and better than DX11 Crossfire. Too bad it was released after I finished the game. Then Watch Dogs came out and I do not need to remember you what a mess it was, it took several AMD drivers and several game patches to get it in a somewhat good state. Again, after I finished the game.

Unfortunately it seems that the latest crop of games also does not work with Crossfire but on the other hand it also does not work with SLI. I did not buy any of them but I have preorders for Dragon Age Inquisition and Far Cry 4. Will most likely preorder Witcher 3 from GOG, but it comes out next year. Regarding DAI and FC I fear that the Mantle Crossfire memory leak from BF4 will also be in DA and that FC4 DX11 Crossfire will suck like FC3 and Watch Dogs at launch. So yeah, Crossfire is more trouble than it is worth, maybe selling one of the cards or even both is a good idea.

4. crisrodrigues

crisrodrigues Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX 980 SLI
    So the solution is to sell our cards and keep only one right? Is that right?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That's what these guys are suggesting.

6. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    csgo (poor scaling and lots of frame drops)
    call of duty black ops 2 multiplayer & zombies (single player profile does not work)
    Skyrim (lots of problems)
    Elder Scrolls Online
    DayZ
    Payday 2

7. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    Dead Rising 3
    World of Tanks (game played by millions)

8. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    There Tons of issue with "Evil Within" Due to lazy porting, I've resolved the issue by creating a new profile and change the AMD Crossfire mode to AFR friendly.
    And launch the game additional command "+com_allowconsole 1" then while at the game press insert key and type "R_swapinterval -1". I got butter smooth cut scenes.

However the mouse input lag is terrible and I try to off vsync, it makes the mouse unusable.

9. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Indeed and thank you guys, this is actually helpful. I can now pass this list of games here onto the driver guys. Old games are unlikely to see major changes, but getting support out for newer games is definitely a priority. Please keep adding to the list, i will keep an eye on the thread. :)

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Can't agree with that and for that. Elder games should be optimized the same way or even better than new ones. With new games it is explainable as they are new but older games should have positive scaling without any excuses and modifications to be done by users.

First attempts for multi-gpu configs were performed by 3dfx and since past century (if i remember correctly) things on that matter haven't changed much which is very, very sad, disappointing.

11. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    Of course we will try our best to get working profiles out for as many games as possible, however some games just don't work very well with multi gpu and there is not much that can be done if that is the case.

12. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    Starpoint Gemini 2 would be good:)

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I hope there will be some older AAA titles and not games like QQ Dancer. List of games which require attention is pretty long and i hope people here will post them as many as needed and i hope even more amd will really do something about it.

For now we all are awaiting for improvements in crossfire for games listed in this thread. As long as there is no real results this thread is just random ranting, if next driver will change anything on any of games listed here and crossfire user will confirm it so i will say finally something changes.

14. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    mech warrior online has no crossfire support.

15. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    dead rising 3 is critical it needs crossfire and it's still a big new game. Also archeage would be lovely.

16. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    War Thunder has no "officiall" crossfire support.
    When you do use it via tweaks in the .ini it causes lots of huge texture flashes.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I really think AMD needs to up their game regarding driver support. Bringing out the latest and greatest GPU is nothing without proper drivers. It will only put people off buying cards from them, it's the same with anything. Bad experience, scarred for life. 2 drivers a month should be fantastic, or if not that, release separate profiles so we don't have to wait 1 1/2 month for a game profile. Saying that I'm pretty happy with my cards, apart from lack of HEVC and the 99% crossfire bug that still occurs after overclocking and after ULPS kicks in. I'd report it like in the past but the report system is so tiresom, and the inputs don't store previous data either.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  18. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Developers should be making their games AFR Friendly anyway so that they don't need some special driver. There is only so much that AMD or Nvidia can do but if the game simply isn't coded well to support multigpu then don't expect much (cod ghosts anyone?). So I think game developers need to share the blame for poor multigpu support.

19. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    Going with crossfire was a huge mistake. There are just too many games that don't work like: Dead Rising 3 ,Evil within, Ryse son of rome, Shadow of mordor (not optimized) ,Watch Dogs(sometime).

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    How long have you had 2 7950's? 3 of the games you mentioned came out within the last month. Not exactly terrible is it.