The Evil Within from Bethesda (Shinji Mikami)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by deathfrag, Apr 19, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    if that's the case, it's terribly unprofessional, don't you think? I mean, I wouldn't go public with these larger than world claims about vram usage unless they were facts, right? I just don't understand what these publishers, and the SoM publishers were trying to achieve.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    After the BS that was Wolf: TNO and DisHonored's system requirements, I'm surprised people actually believed Bethesda when they said 4GB VRAM.
    Requiring that seems to go completely against what idTech5 was designed for. Maximum performance on minimal hardware.

3. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    A few questions guys.... please :)

Anyone else not able to lock to 60FPS? I suspect this is due to me having a 120hz monitor, when setting the game to -1, the fps usually sits around 80's?

Also is there a way to save this command, seems every time I enter the game I have to re-enter the 60fps command.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    For saving the command you can either use a new .cfg file in the /base folder and then add +exec name.cfg to the start parameter via either Steam or a shortcut. (Or batch file.)
    (Useful if you have several tweaks, they will be applied at the main menu of the game when the exec command is executed.)

Or (If you don't have that many tweaks.) you can add it directly to said launch parameter. :)
    (Would be like this: +com_allowconsole 1 +r_swapinterval -1 )

5. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    by Developers :

just reminder...if someone doesn't know.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im not locked at 60 on 144Hz, if its using the same engine as Rage, i think i had to switch to 120Hz, or 60Hz to get that locked, as only way to get it v-sync'd, as on 144Hz, v-sync kept disabling.

Frame-rates all over the place, outside at the start before gong in, i was gettting from 28/33fps, now inside, im getting anywhere from 47/70+fps, and the camera seems a bit jerky.

Set the cap to 60, and got rid of the black bars, using 1.8, seems fine, no issues without them so far, although havn't done much, just escaped from the nutter with the chainsaw, and slid all the way down that tunnel, and now in some sewer after going through the door after climbing out of the blood pit you fall into :D

Just need to get rid of the film grain (if you can), and im sorted, as not keen on that. :p

Not sure if you can add the commands to a config file, but you can just cycle through them with the up and down arrows anyway, so you don't have to keep typing em back in, once you bring the console up.

Its way to jerky using the mouse to look around, so im using my 360 pad, which is a lot better (hasn't eliminated the jerky camera completely, but its a lot better) and seems to suit this type of game.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ^idTech5 for you, runs like a sack of sh1te on AMD

8. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    At the end of the target line (game shortcut tab) add: +R_swapinterval -1 ...or as "startup param" in Steam

EDIT:

But you already know this...with JonasBeckman help :)

9. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Did someone got to work sweet fx +opengl eFx shader ?

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So being OpenGL, is it possible to force or add MSAA anti-aliasing like you could in Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Also, how are the textures for The Evil Within on the PC? The game is 50 GB in size, is it not, is that due to the use of those crappy (IMO) megatextures or because the game has a lot of pre-rendered FMV?

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Welll this is odd, i just turned the film grain off, and its running bloody great now, and the cameras a lot smoother too, im now getting anywhere from 67/70+, and it looks much better :D

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Awesome!

13. Gottex

Gottex Guest

GPU:
    3080Ti
    any1 managed to get SLI to work ?
    344.11 no luck, only one card 99%

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They changed it to DirectX 11, for some reason.
    (And r_multisamples can be changed but appears to do nothing.)

EDIT: File size is 38.5 GB, 25.9 of it is "MegaTexture" data.

15. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Thanks JB, I'll just add all the commands my to my pref's for the game :)

I'm using all these: +com_allowconsole 1 r_swapinterval -1 r_forceaspectratio 0 +com_skipIntrovideo 1

I am using a 120Hz monitor, and noticed that using the setting to lock to 60, was not holding. I think we should be able to force an FPS limit for the game within nvidia inspector no?

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Waiting for gamegpu to give us a performance review. Is the game really working bad on AMD cards?

17. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    I wonder...next Bethesda game will be also using an idTech piece of sh*t engine?..Rumors? Mother of God! Please, no...

It caught me by surprise. Didn't know that TEW will be on id Tech :(

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've seen some people claim it isn't running as well but surely AMD's OpenGL drivers are now working as well as NVIDIA's because I have seen complaints about it for years. In fact, the Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD port ran badly on AMD cards because it used OpenGL and that is only a couple of years old. And there was all the problems with RAGE...

Are AMD's OpenGL drivers still not much cop then?

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I must be different.

I actually like the graphics and the atmosphere.

I havent seen any bad graphics or glitches.

the graphics are better then some games.

just seems like people are setting really high standards.

with wolfenstein new order some people had problems with amd cards.

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    to put it in perspective, my hd 7950 crossfire destroys a single 970 in BF4. But it's the other way round in Wolf. so yeah, OGL is still meh on AMD, lucky enough not many games use OGL