Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The only complaint i have so far is the alien can be seen on the other side of an area on your radar, but if you so happen to walk under a vent shaft in the ceiling, somehow the alien can go from being on the other side of the map, to grabbing you for an insta-kill from the ceiling. This has happened to me so many times even as im looking at the radar and can see the blip of it being way on the other side.

Yes, im aware that the drooling puddles let you know to avoid them, but its a bit hard to see when most of the time they're in dark areas where using you flashlight or flares would mean death also.

Oh and sprinting in this game is utterly pointless. If you're seen by the alien, your not going to get away fast enough.

2. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I understand this game wants to be suspenseful but dead space 1 had the 'build tools and weapons with minimal supplies' aspect as well as the tension and it just felt much more suspenseful and scary, even though you were empowered more.

I know that I am only a small way in but so far I am disappointed.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The developers said that while the motion tracker is your best tool, it's not completely reliable.
    It will show false readings, it will glitch out in vents and when there's a lot of targets to track.

I've only been grabbed through a vent once. Towards the beginning, ever since then... I try to stay out from under them if possible.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Somewhat agree.

Feels more like an on the run from Freddy Kruger or Mike Myers than it does from an Alien.

Also, its kinda like the horror equivalent of Portal in a way. 'Enter this room, do this to proceed'.

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    You can typical spot where the alien is hiding especially in vents above you as a stream of drool will be coming down out of the vent.

6. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Alien: Colonial Marines
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alien Isolation
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You be the judge.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Yeah had that situation before now my only frustration was the save points, at the end its not a problem but the beginning and the middle of thr game had too much frustration going back the whole level, im at mission 11 now i think where i have to escape the lab

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I would have liked a killable alien with environment deathtraps. Kinda like the ubermorph in DS1. You 'trap' maybe the same alien in different stages and it always finds a way out.

That would probably lead to hilarious glitches, AI routing problems, so I guess having him unkillable was in best interest of both parties.

9. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just got the game, $15, people selling keys that came with their AMD cards.

Will post my feelings about the game after I'm a couple of hours in, looks great and I love a good stealth game.

10. TonyTurbo

TonyTurbo Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 @ 1750/1180
    TR2N

there's no debate really

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And, it looks as if you've got the brightness on Isolation cranked way up and you intentionally picked to screens that show almost nothing.

But sorry, there's no way Colonial Marines looks better. None at all.

12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have the same gfx card as yours how is it faring in the new games im currently playing alien iso at 1440*900 lod ultra everythinf else to high shadow mapping 4096 managinf 60 fps all the way,

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Playing Alien at 1600*900, maxed settings... constant 60 fps.
    Even Shadow of Mordor runs smoothly, frame rates constantly over 60... normally between 70 and 80.

The only game that's given me issues was Watch_Dogs, but, it's a unoptimized piece of crap.

14. evo161

evo161 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G
    any new anti aliasing solution ?

15. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Firstly, fr33jack for prez!

But seriously, has anyone been able to control the Chromatic Aberration? I find it to be much too strong and have to disable it.

16. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    This game LOOKS fantastic! But I had to delete it. Can`t stand the abysmal rpg inventory system for 1. And it was actually decent until the Med Lab. So at least visually and sound effectswise this Dev Team got it right. Gameplay design and mechanics tho? FTL!

17. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I don't know why people think this game looks good.

Looks crap to me, been playing it a few hours now. I mean gameplay is fine, but the graphics ring PS3/360 IMHO.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I fail to see why a game looking like it's from the PS3/360 era would be a bad thing... when all games look like that.

PS4 and Xbox One games don't look so amazing that they couldn't be achieved on the previous systems.
    Also, Isolation looks amazing. It rings so true to the first film and is beautiful.

19. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Beat the game. Around 30 hours...checked every corner and such. Fantastic. Very System Shock 2 alike...same feeling of tense and spookiness on mostly abandoned spaceship. Sound, shadows, fire (awesome!), particles and overall fx are very good. Old school tech design looks great. Bravo to the devs. As ALIEN fan and as gamer in general I am on 100% satisfied.

EDIT:

Don't mind TR2N. He obviously trollin...or insane...or eyeless...maybe all of it.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  20. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    +1
    :banana:

Absolutely no way are the graphics in this game amazing period!
    They are soft and blurry and if this is amazing then cool bananas x 2
    :banana: :banana:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014