Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 13.4.1.0 (10-09-2014)

Changelog:
    -Additional nVidia assembly cleanUP.
    -Addition registry cleanUP for nVidia. (344.xx)
    -The log is created earlier at launch to be able to catch DDU error on load.

DOWNLOAD

2. streetwolf

streetwolf Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in this thread but I'm too lazy to search for it. :)

Is there any benefit in running the CAT uninstall program before running DDU? If so, what would the recommended procedure be?

My guess is that DDU does what the uninstall program does and a whole lot more so the uninstall is not needed.

3. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Your guess is correct.

But I'm honestly not sure which one to recommend as there is pro and cons with both. DDU refers to some key to remove stuff in the registry, but IF the CAT uninstaller remove those *Reference key* but leave the other stuff related to it, DDU may not find them.

It also depends if I stop someday updating DDU. I did make it opensource and also made some .cfg files (that I will continue to add) for users to manually continue the support in case I stop updating DDU.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  4. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Oh, man, you're churning updates out so often that I don't have the chance to try out all of them.
    In any case, my uninstalling process went butter smooth once again with the previous version :)

Thanks again!

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Haha sorry man. Glad everything went ok for you !

6. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I'm about to try it now on my Intel based desktop. However, I also have a AMD based desktop and I'm wondering if this would be safe to use because of the AMD CPU hardware and related software?

In other words; will I stand a possibility of removing anything AMD related that doesn't have to do with the GPU?

Also, I believe I read that it should be ran, (or it's best to run), in safe mode. I somehow screwed up the removal of my CCC 14.7 RC3 Beta for the 14.9.1 version on my Intel based system last night.

I didn't use this tool because I thought things would go smoothly like they did a number of removals/installs in the past. However, I must have done something wrong and I'm about to try this tool, (13.4.0.0 version), and this time I'll install the 14.9 WHQL.

I'll let you know how it went shortly afterwards.
    Thanks,
    Rich

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    13.4.1.0 is the lastest version.
    It should be safe on AMD system too. Safemode is recommended.
    Tell us how it went :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  8. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Thank you,
    Apparently I downloaded an HTML file so when I went the safe mode to install it, it took me back to the website where the downloads were.

At one point, I found myself on a Russian website! :wanker: LOL. But I got it figured out, (I think), and I'm going to try again.

To be clear, I use IDM to download programs by right clicking on the link and selecting IDM from the drop-down list. Sometimes, I failed to realize that I was clicking on a link that takes me to another page and so on.

So I clicked on the button for the download that's on this page and it took me to another page where there's a green button indicating that's the download. It doesn't indicate which version it is but I'm guessing it's the latest version, (makes sense).

Anyway, I've got it and I want to try again.
    Rich

Okay, that wasn't it either. I'm having trouble trying to find the download and instead, I'm getting these "sneaky" downloads for testing my Internet speed or maybe it's for download manager, I don't know.

I guess I got to find a way to get to it without downloading/installing anything else.
    No big deal, I'll get it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Be sure you take it from www.wagnardmobile.com
    If you were there, maybe you selected the mirror. use my orange button.

10. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    yep, that's what I did. I got it now, thanks.
    Rich

11. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Ok, I am installing the new version of CCC, (14.9 WHQL), as I speak.

First, I only wish I knew of this program and installed it much earlier. I know that from now on, this is the way I'm going to do all my future installs of all AMD/ATI catalysts.

That said, I ran the program in safe mode and selected a few options on the panel that had to do with Windows update and I think profile backups.

I had already created a restore point so I unchecked the option to create a restore point before uninstalling CCC. The program ran great and then I permitted it to reboot.

The only thing it left behind was the AMD Raptor/Game Evolve program that was installed when I had that mess occur in my previous attempt last night.

I don't know why it didn't remove that but it's no big deal because I simply dragged the whole thing over to the delete bin.

I need to find out why there is a DDU.exec.config file included with the DDU installation file. Also, there's a PDB file as well and all this may be explained in some instructions.

I must confess, in my haste to get this job done, I failed to search for any posted instructions on the site.

But even without instructions the entire program ran quickly, easily, and I will be coming back to put a donation in the cup. Absolutely worth it, no doubt!:banana:

Thanks very much, this program has successfully relieved me of all the anxiety I would feel each and every time I had to update my graphic drivers and ATI CCC:puke2:!
    Rich

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Glad you liked it.
    The raptr is not removed on purpose. I may add an optional removal of it later.
    The exe.config file is for configuration on. Net (no need to peek inside this). PDB is for if ddu crash, it will help logging more stuff in the log. It's a debug file.

13. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    I can't believe that I'm having to ask this but; Can someone direct me to the PayPal link I can click to make a donation?

I swear, this is the "theme of the day" for me! I've been getting on various websites during my searches which I can't seem to get back to once I've left!

I know I saw that Paypal Donation link somewhere and now I can't find it at all:bang:!
    Thanks,
    Rich

14. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Thanks!
    I just posted a question that I hope you can help me with and then I promise, I'll get out of here! lol
    Rich

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    On my website directly www.wagnardmobile.com
    Or on the ddu application itself.

16. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Thanks, that's where I must have seen it last; the app!:)

17. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    OH and thanks in advance for the donation. It is appreciated.

18. wingclip

wingclip Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Hey, Just a quick update for those who have an AMD based system and may have been concerned about DDU removing more than just the GPU related software, as I was;

I ran DDU successfully on my Intel based system first and then moved to the AMD desktop with equal success and NO problems.

Of course, Wagnard told me that there should be no trouble and he was right. I'm just confirming that.

I know I may sound a bit over the top but this small program has made updating to the next ATI CCC version a worry-free process that had previously been a hit & miss endeavor which I would postpone and procrastinate over.
    5 Star!
    Rich:thumbup:

19. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    This tool helped me a lot!
    I could not install working Catalyst 14.9/14.9.1 without this cleaner.
    (ccc crash)

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Update 13.4.2.1
    -Fixed a problem with the O.S detection and other minor fixes.

Download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.