Nvidia Geforce Notebook 344.24 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 7, 2014.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    well,i thought that is was set automatically by setting the 1.20-1.50x thing and so on,in the cp. The concept is not so obvious

2. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    Would you like to shut down the game and mess with Control panel settings to change resolution multiplier instead of just doing this in-game in resolution settings?

Although concept was truly skipped in DSR presentation you have qualified GPU and drivers to look deeper than marketing slides.

3. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Hi SLI-756,
    Yes DSR working just fine here from day one. I just play 3 games Skyrim Diablo 3 and GTR 2 on my "24" @1920*1080 but with DSR i play all 3 at 2560*1440

4. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tried DSR in Skyrim and Borderlands 2, both seemed a bit sluggish, running at 2560x1440. Didn't think 2 GTX780ti cards would have issues with these games. My monitor is 23" with the a default resolution of 1920x1080

5. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks friend, wonder what issues BetA is having cause he has same card as you.

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    These are by far the best drivers yet for my GTX 980.

No brownscreen, blackscreen, crashes to desktop, no driver stopped responding errors.

It all works.

Hope to see something official for GeForce soon instead of having to mod mobile drivers.

Don't worry it's a mobile driver thing. Any and all mobile drivers I've personally modded in the past with an SLI system have done the same.

If we get a desktop version of this driver or something slightly newer, I doubt we will see the issue.

7. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    Open up regedit. Press Ctrl +F, or click Edit, and click Find. Type "rmdynamicSLIallowed". Caps doesn't matter. For each key that has 0 in its Value Data field, change it to 1. Leave the base as Hexadecimal.

Press F3 to search next key. There are multiple instances (I think each driver will have like 2 instances of such key), just change all of them to 1. It will tell you when reach the end of the registry.

Reboot, then now you can change the SLI settings without rebooting. Note that everytime you install a new Mobile driver, you will need to change the registry again, and reboot once, then you can activate/disable SLI without rebooting.

Basically, the values are kept in the .inf file, and for mobile GPU Nvidia set the flags to 0. For desktop I think it's all 1, ie you can disable/enable SLI without rebooting.

You should thank Notebookreview.com for this method.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    DSR lags Wolfenstein NWO, normal downsampling is ok..

9. GPUSMUG

GPUSMUG Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti SLI
    I thank you for that method! OK, I thank notebookreview.com too, :)

10. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ya this DSR is cool chit, I could never get the downample right on my plasma, now it works sweet ..... Im havin fun with it, something new, but everything workin here games are fine on it too driver wise.

11. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I had that on my baseball, 2X it lagged, whatever but when I went to 2.25X it went away, Im assuming you tried that tho.

12. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    chit scratch the 2.25, lol my baseball only used 30% of card, got it to 4X now 3840x2160 and man does it make a difference, now I know why everyone was downsampling, baseball is usin my card now, 80% . Anyhow I'm in luv with it, lol.

13. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I just checked them all in control panel, global settings, but left my desktop 1920x1080 but when I boot game and went in resolution settings and they showed up all of the ones I checked and got to choose ect from there, so you can run game at HD settings but leave your desktop resolution alone, Im really happy you can do that.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    You quoted the wrong guy, I don't need this info but cool.

I don't run SLI. This is a mobile issue that has always happened when modded on desktop.

15. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Used this driver for two days now and

1: everything Nvidia related seems to take ages for some reason, like opening Geforce Experience. It's like a 15 second process for some reason.

2: rendering in Sony Vegas (12) gives me a big fat 'driver has stopped'.

16. haippa

haippa Member

GPU:
    4090 AERO OC
    anyone have issues with shadow play with these drivers? it wont record and it puts a red slash through the recording icon.

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    yes it does, the driver meant for Notebooks, so any issue u or us have means nothing.
    Next week nvidia will release the new driver, hopefully.

18. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i donĀ“t know how uses DSR... have option in nvidia panel for many options but when i mark 2.00... 3.00 and 4.00 and now? where applied in the game? how know?

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    You just need to change the resolution in game, if you have a 1080p monitor and you use 4.00, your maximum resolution you should be able to select in game should be 3840x2160.

20. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    understand... i try that only in 1 game to test (nba 2k15) but no show other resolutions... going try in others now...

thanks