The Evil Within PC Seems to be Locked At 30FPS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Bethesda has posted some info, the PC version of The Evil Within seems to be locked at a 30fps framerate cap, the company should provide some debug options via which players will be able to unlock the...

The Evil Within PC Seems to be Locked At 30FPS

2. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I'm not an expert but that sounds like the laziest console port ever. Recommended 4GB of VRAM if you want to play at 1080p?

I wonder how companies interpret weaker PC sales with things like this - do they say "we didn't put enough work into the PC version" or do they say "PC market is dying" ?

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Laughable. The only reason for the aspect ratio is that they have to render less. Designed for Consoles.

Welcome to "next-gen" console gaming, where you're still limited to 30FPS and still can't use 1080p.

Thanks, I'll pass. This stuff is why people don't buy those PC ports. The "best experience" nonsense are just just platitudes some marketing droid is spouting out of his mouth.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    30FPS is unbearable, 60fps is the min standard and even that is not enough. Limiting FPS on PC is NOT fine, never should happen.

5. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I thought standard for movies is 23.397, why they didn't lock it to this value? This would make more sense. 30 fps is too much for movie.

A bit more serious... some companies should decide what they are making: games, movie-like games, or movies? And they should post in description of their product what it really is.

6. HitokiriX

HitokiriX Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    what a load of crap I was already turned off by the season pass now they do this no sale!

7. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Odd choice by the game devs...

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    And another time consoles limit games for PCs. The explanation of why it need's 4GB VRAM shows how little they think about how a gaming PC works in terms of optimization, since I bet the minority of gamers has 4GB of VRAM.

That almost reads like "we don't make it use less, buy it or leave it, PC user". Then it's a leave I guess.

9. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    locked 30fps on a PC game = NO PURCHASE

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The comments in this thread make me happy.

Hopefully after release, we'll be able to find out if its a fixable mess or even a complete 'not even steam sale' purchase.

I just dont understand, why pay people to work on a pc version, if your not even going to do it properly? oh yeah..money, nvm.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Why so? Because we don't support the dev's attitude of "I can do whatever I want, the stupid PC community will buy it anyway"? :D

12. Im2bad

Im2bad Guest

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I wonder if it'll be the same as with, was it NFS: Rivals, that had a 30fps cap as well, and when you disabled the cap, the game ran at 2X speed. Seems unlikely though, as they probably wouldn't provide any way to get rid of the cap then.

Well, I'm going to save money and not buy this game at least, in any case.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Exactly.

Far too often im seeing the ol 'no more pre-ordering! im sick of getting broken games' and then comes along an EA or Ubi announcement and its 'pre-ordered two years in advanced! Cant wait, hopefully this time they've fixed the performance, i mean i know that the last 10 games have been nothing but terrible ports, but this time, this! time' and then when you try to remind people of the developer and publishers previous history and shoddy work, you get called a hater.

14. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    4GB VRAM and only 4GB RAM, what a joke, they aren't even trying to hide the fact it's a straight port.

Add to the fact that it's not even actually 1080p and is only rendering 817x1080 pixels which is less than 720p and you realise just how ridiculous it is. It's the equivalent of Shadow of Mordor making the minimum requirement for 1080p 6GB VRAM with no option to change texure resolution.

15. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    This console parity $#!+ is going to drive me to quit gaming.

I will never pay $599+ for a console whose games will never be supported in the next generation. People are so stupid they are paying for higher res remakes.

On PC you just set the resolution higher on new hardware and the game just runs better, no extra cost 'hd' pc remake.

If the pc version is going to be played with console issues I will just give up.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Vote with ur wallet, when game is released to PC, it MUST BE ENHANCED with PC optimization and options, we are not some close console that we have no control over it.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dude, have you seen the Sleeping Dogs 'HD' remake. Going by JonasB's screens, its exactly the same has the original release but the HD textures arent an addon.

Pathetic really. Theres two exact copies of the game on Steam, but ones called HD, should be counted as fraud or something.

18. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    ...this game dev. are sick....PC technically will always be the best,and really they should not just port games from consoles to pc but develop them for it....and i am talking about all of the dev ..otherwise keep the games for the respective console dont port them and sorry 4BG of vram ,does it look like it needs it....NO:bang:

19. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    and they wonder why nobody buys that type of game, uses illegal ways to play them, maybe to see and try.

look at alien isolation and shadow of mordor, good pc optimized games, bought both of them. running like charm, no errors. this game, well - uh - you don`t see a cent from me guys.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What you'd expect?... They are kids toys after all.