New games with season passes issue

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mato87, Oct 3, 2014.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well it is a ****ty practice indeed. Not much more that can be said. It depends on us not to support it, but for everyone that decides to pass on the pass there are at least three guys that will buy into it. Personally I stay away from Ubisoft and EA games, pre-ordering and season passes all together. Although I must admit that I’m going to buy the first season pass these days, and get the Destiny one. Yeah what can I say – I like the game and I want more from it. And it is somewhat obvious that they could have released it with more, but locked it away. At least it is not too expensive at 34 euro for two expansions, and I did get the game practically for free so I’ll make an exception this time.

2. Lancegrim

Lancegrim Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760 / 2 GB
    Ok.. i tried 2 times to post something, every time the forum keeps telling me i am not logging in and it cant post it. But i am logged in.

I wont type that stuff again, so basicly: **** Season passes, i buy the dlc seperatly.

Narf, bored at work ok...

So i thought in a lot of games of buying a season pass. But never have, and i am happy i dident.
    Best excample ist The Last of Us, i loved that game. But the dlcs so far have only been multiplayer and only one single story dlc.
    So i personaly dont care for multiplayer dlcs, and i only want story. What if i bought the dlc and payed 30 bucks for it? They only released one dlc worth 10 bucks.

So? I buy them seperatly if they interest me, that way i wont end up with dlcs i dont want or maybe no dlc at all.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  3. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Have you bought the ps4 bundle with destiny? You think that paying 34 euro for two expansion packs is worth it? I don't think so.

Yeah I only care about the singleplayer story dlc's, the only exceptions were the bf3 and bf4 premium packages...but I was tricked, basically I was promised something completely different, a service that was worth the money, what I got instead was a bit of a discount on the future dlc and thats it.
    I like the game evil within so far Iam buying it when it's released however Iam also very angry that they are selling the season pass for that game for almost the same price as the base game itself...that's just wrong...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yes I got the bundle, but I got it with a good discount form 450 euro to 382 euro. That is 28 euro less than the PS4 without a game. So that is my excuse to ever buying a season pass. I wanted the extra content for Dark Souls 2 and The Last of Us for example, but still did not get the pass. As I said I stay away from those things and especially from EA and Ubisoft games. They can go shove their games you know where…

5. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Oh, then if it's the bundle discount, the it's understandable, the discount you get with those bundles is awesome, it's like paying no money for a game ;)
    I myself bought the ps4 bundle with the last of us remastered for 374.99 so I couldn't be happier, I even bought the killzone shadow fall game for additional 24.99, so basically I've got a brand new ps4 with two games for free :)

6. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    This is why I wait for sales, and buy the whole lot for a fraction of the RSP (Ripoff Selling Price)!!

7. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    I am all for DLC.

As long as it is made after the game is released and add some sort of value.

8. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Seeing 5$ for the game you want, or seeing it in a humble bundle, I've started to simply ignore DLCs as a whole. Though its not THAT bad. For instance, most DLCs offer only MP content like extra maps/characters/outfits, not more SP content. That stuff is rare.

Tomb Raider for instance, the only SP DLC is 1 tomb which ain't that hard at all. If its cut from my 5$ purchase I simply don't care. DS3 is a different story. DLC ending behind a paywall? I have the game with me because it was in a humble bundle.

Another example is Sleeping Dogs, riddled with DLC, however only 1 story DLC, the entire rest is just outfits and other crap. If the Nightmare in North Point DLC is cut from my 4$ purchase I don't care, its not even related to the story, just a spin off.

9. Mato87

Mato87 Guest

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Exactly RSP is the way to go for some games, thats what I do when a new game is out that I have interest in but can't afford it, or better said won't buy it because the value of the game will be around 50% or sometimes even 75% lower if you wait and buy it when it's on sale, it usually takes about 3 months for a new game to go on sale for half the price or if you wait 6 months or more you could get a massive discount on that game, or if you're patient enough you could wait for about 1 year when the "goty" edition will come out and buy the whole package for an already discounted price.

Well, it kind of isn't always the truth, look at all the dlc for metro last light, watch dogs or some other game that had season pass. Particularly all the metro last light dlc was in my opinion quite crappy...it added nothing to the original game and all the dlc missions were just too short and uninteresting. The dlc content for watch dogs is the same thing, it added completely zero value to the whole game, it was only a bunch of coats and digital trip missions nobody even cares about, oh and did I not mention the bad blood dlc? I though it was absolutely rubbish.

I understand, but we aren't talking about dlc, the topic of the discussion is about the season pass and the content associated with it and the whole preorder issue that comes along with it.
    You also brought up tomb raider, that is not a good example of game that is ridden with a lot of dlc content. I loved the game to bits and I still do, I though it was a totally excellent narrative driven experience, I even bought the survivor edition of the game for PC that had this pretty looking packaging with an artbook a lovely little rubber pouch, a soundtrack and a lovely a4 poster with map a tshirt and a few ingame outfits and I got this all for 49.99 €. What I meant to say was, that the game itself was a complete package from the start, sure there were some exclusive outfits and a secret tomb that were exclusive to xbox 360 users for almost half a year, but you could buy all this stuff for around 5 € on steam when it was released on steam. Sure there were some multiplayer maps and additional content but who honestly cared about the multiplayer in that game.
    You also brought up Sleeping Dogs, now that game is a wonderful example of how not to sell a dlc content for a single game. I mean that game has how many dlc packs? around 30? Thats absolutely mad ! The base game itself was half the price than all the dlc content combined ! Sure it is fixed now when the definitive edition was released, I mean the price for the whole package now is still quite high, the asking price for the definitive edition is 29.99 on steam, thats just ridiculous bonkers, the game is over 2 years old and the asking price for the whole package is the same price that some of the newly released games are going for.
    Another wonderful example of a game ridden with ton of DLC is borderlands 2, but thats another story, the game has almost 50 pieces of paid dlc that exceed the price of the base game almost ten fold !!! Thats even more crazy :D
    Oh well, what can you do, I didn't even liked sleeping dogs or borderlands 2, I bought the game in some of the sales that were going on the steam for 5 € each and I played around 2 hours in both of those games....

10. 3rr0r

3rr0r Banned

GPU:
    MSI GEforce 6800 GT 256 D
    Mato87 made some valid and well thought points, I do have to agree with all of them, although I have no idea why he was banned.

11. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Oh look the gabe is here. Wonder whats the connection between him and you. :infinity:

12. 3rr0r

3rr0r Banned

GPU:
    MSI GEforce 6800 GT 256 D
    If you could stay on topic, that would be lovely, thanks.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I think its more about marketing and finding ways to get kids excited. And yes,its usually kids. Kids go with the hype ,then hype it up even more at school. The corporations are just looking at way to fleece their customers without pissing them off. They have a meeting and say,how long is it going to take to make 10 hours of single player gameplay? As an example,Farcry 3. The exec says,that's it? The dev,we can stretch it out to 30 or so if we throw in skinning animals,repeatable side quests ect.. It would only take us maybe a week to put it in there. The exec..Do it! great idea.. Then we send out DLC for $14.99,figure 4 pack this year. That's another $60. That should help the bottom line. They will love this,being an open world and all. You can do what you want. No.. essentially its the same sh*t over and over. Games have gotten dumbed down and kids accept it or don't know the diff. That's who buys these games. The only game I can think of that was totally worth it that I played,was Borderlands 1&2. You got tons of content for your money. Good job Gearbox..

14. Fluxeor

Fluxeor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-270X Toxic
    So, you are talking about DLC. All a Season Pass does is give you access to DLC.. normally at a reduced price.

Now when it comes to DLC, what people have to remember is that what you get from DLC is the digital equivalents of what, before the widespread adoption of digital delivery services, would have been bundled onto retail expansion discs. These days you (usually) get a similar amount of content, spread over a period of individual cheap releases rather than a single more expensive lump of content after maybe 6 months or a year.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well there was a time when gaming was only for “geeks” that weren’t so stupid to fall for this marketing crap. We wanted games to be more popular with the “normal” people so they can join us and not judge us. Now that is what you get – commercial ****, big corporations, ****ty practices and so on. You may not like it, but there are so many idiots out there that will eat up the new seasonal passes for the next AC or FarCry game, with day one DLC and a paywall if you want MP, that you can’t blame Ubisoft for taking their money.

16. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I agree with that also. If people are stupid enough to go for it,why not put it out there. COD anyone? There are some games where the game itself was worth at as was the DLC.. Borderlands.. I can't think of another game that gave you that kind of content for the money.

17. jaykowalski

jaykowalski Guest

GPU:
    Ati x1950
    hello all!

Recently I played a sensational game called Monster Legends Hack. This is a really interesting game. Anyone who enjoys strategy games should try sswoich forces necessarily Monster Legends :) I personally am very pleased.