Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Change of plans. I'm moving soon, and decided to give the car away to an SVX forum member.
    The SVX was never a dream car of mine, so I'm not attached to it. I feel like I was one of the few people crazy enough to get it dirty. It was an interesting experience getting so much attention with it and random people giving me thumbs up for keeping a rare car on the road.

[​IMG]

I have this plan/desire to build a Lancia Stratos kit car since it's my dream car and my life would be complete, but not even sure if I can do it because I move/travel so much. I'm pursuing the digital nomad lifestyle in full effect since my job allows me to work anywhere. I plan to live in asia for a while to stack up the $$$$. What the heck am I going to do with the money I save? Just keep traveling? I'm not even sure, I'm just keeping myself occupied while I'm still young.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    You could send it to me, and I could help you spend it.
    I recommend hookers and blow.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yay! New daily driver to replace the dead van!

Got a good deal on it, and these are super easy to work on. Not fast, and not fun, but that will come later with my second car....

[​IMG]

Now I just need to update my tool library and get to the scrapyard. First thing to find are some proper alloy rims.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Was about to say get some new wheels till i read the last sentence. :)

One older taurus a mechanic friend said they had to drop the body from the frame to replace the AC compressor, dont recall the year, but ouch

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Drop the body from the frame? I know this one is a unibody construction, not sure about older ones. It only has the 3.Slow so there's tons of room under the hood, I doubt I'll have any serious issues. Not that it needs any major repairs at the moment anyway. It's only got 79,500 miles.

6. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Watchu getting? :D

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Was looking at an older Viper but the insurance was going to be rape. So now it's between a Fiesta ST and a 370z. It's going to be a garage/weekend queen and I'll probably do some autocross. I'll choose after this winter is over.

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    The 370z isn't a great auto-x car (and isn't a great track car either due to both brake and oil cooling issues).

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Isn't fiesta st like waaaay cheaper then 370z :eek: but well finland has bloated prices 40-50 000€ for such 370z and fiesta st is like 30 000€ and focus st is like 40 000€ :D

10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Corvette...I'm biased :)

Costs me nothing to insure. 100/300 full coverage I pay around $70-75/mo. Thanks to all the "old people" who drive/own the car.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I am getting old I would recommend just the hookers:)

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Fair enough, I just really like how they look.

A new one is about $40,000 here unless you go full retard with options. But low mileage used is about the same as a new Fiesta. I guess I shouldn't say those are the only options.

I'm only 22, so I pay out the ASS for insurance, especially for anything valuable. Even the Taurus is $106 a month for comprehensive.

It's pretty silly, considering I have a commercial license and a perfect driving record with not even a speeding ticket to my name...
    I do like Corvettes though, I test drove an 09. I'm 6 foot so and the things are so low it's hard for me to even sit down, lol

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Good idea going with a cheaper/used car while you are younger. Some people get a new car and also pay for school and rent, then go broke, and move back home with parents. Use this this time to save up for what you want after you are past 25, when insurance isn't so high.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Dont get a corvette, i just acquired another job doing a GM plants IT they make chevy, gm, cadilliac etc.(power train, body, paint buildings, etc are about 1million sq ft each) there and i have seen some of cheapest materials ever, they have made zero progress since their bankruptcy.

15. Lilith

Lilith Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 1660ti
    I cant post pics....yet, but I ride a Honda CBR250RR Fireblade 1991. It has a Tyga aftermarket fairing kit, so it looks like a CBR600RR(mid 2000's), and no its not a pink bike, its black lol.

16. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    is that the one with the insane 19000rpm redline?

EDIT: just googled it, it is the one I am thinking of. I remember seeing one years ago and waiting for a gear change.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  17. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If God forbid they are even remotely similar to the 300zx then avoid at all costs.

300ZX: - nice to look at, great to drive, hell to own.

In mid - late 90's they were all over NZ roads. By mid late 2000's the Fairlady had all but disappeared. I haven't seen one in years.

Possibly the most unreliable Japanese car ever made?

18. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I used to see a few around in Tauranga, but I think a lot were shipped to Aussie cos they were fetching big money there.

19. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    I don't think they're similar. I believe the 300zx tried to be somewhat luxurious and GT whereas the 370z isn't.

20. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I think too the 350/370 are just straight up RWD NA engined sports cars, with run of the mill electronics, nothing fancy. The 300zx had the turbo, some had 4 wheel steering, and some features that were not standard on cars back then, leading to some issues.
    You can't really compare the two either, the size is vastly different for one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.