Shadows Of Mordor Crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by wrathloki, Sep 30, 2014.

1. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    7660g+7670m / cf 6950 2gb
    No, medium fps with crysis 3 profile were actualy HIGHER. But the time you get fps drops in this profile is also higher than tombraider profile (REALLY noticeable in the explosions of the barrels in benchmark).

So, at last, tombraider profile turns out to be better for me, even if it gets 4 MEDIUM fps less. Medium fps is not everything.

2. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Tried to play a bit with the Crysis 3 profile and I ended up dying for a Captain because of the frame drops. :3eyes:

3. Henkka

Henkka Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X 3GB
    Yeah, I was missing some graphical effects, such as rain and the fireflies, but I now use the tomb raider profile, which is pretty good for me at the moment. I can see rain and the fireflies around the hive are there too and my fps is constantly about 60-90(I'm using 1440p)

4. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    well, no matter which profile i use, none of them seem to work properly. i'm still getting massive lagging and freezes. i still want to know why it's working for some and not for others.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

5. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    sli runs like ass on my friends rig with two gtx 680's too. it's like monolith didn't test the game with dual gpu's or something...

i'm disappointed that neither amd or nvidia have released proper, working profiles for such a big game.

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Probably some kind of hardware/software/OS interaction.

7. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    any idea what it might be? i just did a fresh install of 14.9 WHQL and all i'm using is afterburner in the background. nothing else i can think of.

8. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    At least Nvidia will release a profile/driver long before AMD.

Not a clue.

9. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    • Disable ULPS.

• Windows 8? Could have messed with common "tweaks". Try these commands in command prompt:

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock
      bcdedit /deletevalue tscsyncpolicy
      bcdedit /deletevalue disabledynamictick
    • Set power plan to high performance
    • Make hard drive run at full performance. Download CrystalDiskInfo from here and follow these instructions.

10. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Well, i'd be shocked it they weren't out before AMD considering it's a "the way it's meant to be played" title. The fact that nvidia didn't have proper SLI support at the games launch is ridiculous.

11. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try the hard drive suggestion since I don't have ULPS enabled and don't have Windows 8.

12. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I could agree more. You've got to conclude at least 1 or more of the following are true:
    • These companies that depend on each other have terrible business relationships
    • The devs don't consider properly supporting multi GPU setups a high enough priority
    • AMD and Nvidia don't really care about properly supporting SLI / Crossfire due to it being a very small market

13. LtMatt81

LtMatt81 Master Guru

GPU:
    4x Fury X
    This is great and very helpful That1GuyTim, thank you.

14. RiPLeY78

RiPLeY78 Guest

GPU:
    7660g+7670m / cf 6950 2gb
    Great. Based on that data, now AMD drivers team will just rename crysis3 profile for "shadows of mordor" with minor tweaks, and we will get one of the worst possible profiles implemented :D

I just hope you read the entire thread.

15. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    The most playable profile is AFR Friendly. The others are all the same, lots of slowdowns and random frame drops. AFR Friendly does have rain and fireflies but the fireflies flicker badly. The other profiles may show different benchmark results but those results aren't representative of their usability in-game.

16. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I'll be very surprised if we get a profile that: fixes the flickering in game, fixes the menu bug that makes it near unusable (and some in game overlay issues, e.g. the arrow target), and deals with the fps drops in game on pans/combat etc.

Personally I'm off the opinion that my 2 280X's should be able to run this game at max settings (minus the Ultra textures) in 1080p @ a constant 60fps no problem. If BF4 can achieve that, and it looks way better than this, then this really should. If it doesn't then it's either AMD or the Devs doing a poor job.

17. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    After running a bit against the timers I decided to use only one card because I get awful frame dips while rushing things, but on my regular gameplay I tend to toy with the Orcs a lot which basically means that the only frame losses are after fast travelling.

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    BF4 is a Mantle title so you can't really compare the 2.

19. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    I'm playing it on DirectX as I've found it to just perform better on that.

Tested it out tonight, my first try of it since the big patch this past week, I've got everything maxed, including 2xMSAA and I got a consistent 60fps.

20. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's

i really hope he read the entire thread as well.