eFX Shader Injector Support Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Crosire, Oct 22, 2013.

1. conan2k

conan2k Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780GTX
    Do I understand it correctly that you've found a way to increase the quality of SMAA noticeably? If so, how does this change (Delta E 1976 instead of SMAA's Chroma detection) affect its performance?

2. adi518

adi518 Guest

GPU:
    2x Evga 970 SC
    No we don't. Assetto Corsa has a deferred rendering engine and SMAA works just fine.

3. Bobert13

Bobert13 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 560 TI - 1GB
    I never actually tried implementing any of the CIE Lab detection methods into SMAA itself. I'm sure it would noticeably slow SMAA though as it requires at least one extra pass (two if you want to blend in Lab and then convert back to sRGB, which also subtly increases quality as it results in sharper blends that appear less smudgy). I compared SMAA's edge map to one I hand wrote the detection algorithms for. There would be a ton of changes required to get SMAA to take full advantage of a Lab conversion.

4. Cybernaton

Cybernaton Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 "FTW" 3GB
    Code:

I was referring to MSAA; my mistake. I have already used SMAA in Borderlands 2 and Tomb Raider 2013, but I am not sure about the results or if it actually works. I will test it more and see if it is effective; there might be a problem on my part.

I might stop downsampling Deus Ex:Human Resolution and try eFX's SMAA.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014

5. Lushfa

Lushfa Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 570 1280
    Can someone please provide me with the eFX version 1.9.30 (NOT the sweetfx-efx bundle!!)??
    Thanks alot!!

6. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Any progress for the next version?

7. ps2lingo

ps2lingo Guest

GPU:
    -
    I was testing with the v1960 on the game God Mode (this one wont work with SweetFX alone) with my preset from Boulotaur2024 Injector and the game is too dark, tryed with tonemap gamma and lift mana gain to make it brighter but now the colour are also brighter so a dark blue in game now its a bright blue. Anyway to fix this?

Tested on Dead Island Riptide and its dark too, and when increasing the gamma it have bright bugs... anyway will use the Boulotaur2024 one no prob.

EDIT: The decreasing brightness is caused by shader main.h tryed to match the default game brightness with no success. anyone??

EDIT2: Finally "fixed" the darkness problem testing with values in main.h. Now the game brightness math with eFX, on some games there is still graphic bugs

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  8. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Please consider reading the updated main post. "eFX" is no longer continued. Instead I'm working on the "ReShade" injector, which features it's own shader compiler for cross API shaders, support for DX8, 9, 10, 11 and OpenGL (all already working) and more. I'm close with CeeJay on this one, so news about it can be found in the SweetFX thread instead.

Cheers,
    Crosire

9. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    So will ReShade work for Doom 3 and Wolfenstein: TNO? Awesome if so.

10. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

Open GL? That is wonderful news!!! When can we expect a beta release?

11. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    DX8? Really?!!

12. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Yes. You can already use the working DX8 version. Grab it here.

13. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Be aware that this version was the first written, it had no support for DX8 shaders and came with a number of bugs. Both of which are no longer true for the current development version of ReShade (well except new bugs which tend to appear after the other ones are fixed ;) )!

14. isamu99

isamu99 Guest

Can you post a link to the thread discussing ReShade?

15. Blue_Ninja0

Blue_Ninja0 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz
    I also posted this on the SweetFX thread:

Is the temporal anti-aliasing of SMAA or any other kind of temporal anti-aliasing (like TXAA) in the plans for SweetFX? Right now SMAA on SweetFX only supports 1x SMAA.

I think it would be a very important feature because most games, even newer ones, rarely support temporal anti-aliasing, which is worst than jaggies for me. It's horrible.

BF4 for example is extremely affected by shimmering and I would love to have a way to solve that.

16. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Both tested and confirmed working with current closed beta build, yep.

17. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX 680 4gb
    Cross, can you please add shader dump and shader injection feature in same fashion its done in Helix Mod and 3Dmegito?
    Also can you please add option to auto convert asm dumps in hlsl and glsl with ability to inject both in asm and hlsl\glsl?

look at these sources to see how it needs to be done
    https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto

also can we have texture dump land injection like in gedosato and texmod or umod?
    Sources here
    http://code.google.com/p/texmod/wiki/uMod

And last thing, which i think nobody done before - can we have mesh dump and injection at least at late stages of development? I know there s 3dx irpper and ninja ripper or i ripper that allows to dump meshes, but does not allow to re-import them back into game.

Witch such options we can make ReShade an ultimate graphics modding tool without even any need to unpack graphic assets! Shaders, textures and meshes can be altered just by dumping and editing them!

Surely shader dump and import would be most easy thing to implement, especially if you will start it from megito code so please add at least it, people tired of fragmentation and needs one for everything tool.

18. Manoa

Manoa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Clas. GTX 580 980Mhz
    I tried this in Doom III with OpenGL, but I am getting this error message upon loading:

Code:
    The procedure entry point GetFileInformationByHandleEx could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll
    and then it quits

and I tested all the versions: 1920, 1930, 1940, 1945, 1960 the error is the same in all of them

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  19. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Awesome work Crosire! With this I finally got SweetFX working in The Evil Within! I'm glad to see that this is coming to pass. I'll definitely see if I can make a donation once I get paid. Keep it up!

20. ze1t

ze1t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC 8GB