Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You could argue that developers are rushing games out without learning what these new consoles can do.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Or you could say these consoles were rushed, and they skimped on the hardware due to the recession and people not willing to splash out £500-£600 on a console anymore.

I think this is more correct, they even admit they went with low end off the shelf components (with a few tweaks) to keep costs down.

Also, rushing games is not the case. The consoles use X86 architecture that has been around for 30 years. It's not like PS3 with CELL and some rocket science architecture. They should more or less be able to max these consoles out easily.

When devs struggle to get games in 2014 to run at 1080p 60fps you know there is something wrong, and I blame the hardware limitations not the devs.

4. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Of course they are. Why would you touch a multi platform game with a console if you have a beast PC like that? Makes 0 sense.

5. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Bought it for the exclusives tbh... some really great games on the PS4.

In multi platform games I always stick to my pc. I might as well just connect it to the receiver via a long cable and enjoy some games that play well with a controller on the big screen with 5.1 sound.

Did anyone notice the aliasing during gameplay?
    I've seen JackFrags new gameplay video and he stated it's maxed out...
    The aliasing is just awful, everything is so jagged it's a little jarring to look at..

6. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    You still played it on a console and was surprised at lack of power. Of course! Especially compared to your PC! Both of our computers are like 5x more powerful than consoles. I would never play multi platform titles on anything but a PC.

7. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Haha...and there was me, hoping I could run it @ 30FPS, from the look of things I'll smash 60FPS on Ultra. Glad the game difficulty isn't a walk in the park, I don't usually read IGN reviews as I get the feeling the reviewer is a 16 yr old being remote controlled by Glen Schofield.

Roll on Monday! ...or Tuesday, yea it'll probably arrive Tues!

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    You could well be correct with the points you make. I just think it is too early yet to say. A year from now every game could well be running at 1080p 60FPS.

I disagree with what you say about the price point. Even if Sony or MS used higher quality components the price of the consoles would have been priced way to high for anyone to afford. Priced any higher, both consoles would struggle to sell.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    FYI - You can now pre-load this on Steam. Got my key from GMG today and its downloading now!

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I feel the same way but there is nothing wrong with playing on consoles. It really depends what kind of experience you are after.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800

part two of pewdiepie's vid.

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I really wait about the time when he will try to lure, sneak, evade the beast.. this will surely be the best shoot he have never done.

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i enjoyed it, look forwards to part 3. :)

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Might have been a decent vid if he`d have quit talking so much.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    indeed, but he does enjoy the game you can see that.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Imo, the only time anyone should be talking over a gameplay video is either during a review or preview. All other times, just shutup play the game. There's nothing worse than listening to a grown ass man acting like an 8 year old high on sugar and pretend over the top excitement.

Like seriously, just relax, Its a game, you're not in the process of deflowering.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If he didn't talk so much... it wouldn't really be in line with his style of videos.
    His whole thing is his overly hyper personality and how he vocally reacts to what he's playing.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nice to see the 750ti holding 60fps min in the benchy.
    it's diversity that keeps pc gaming alive imo.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes, it is nice to see. :)

And, from what I've read... the complaints that are popping up in reviews... are pretty much all built around the game either being too hard, it being too difficult to track the alien and know when or how it will attack.

Or... that the game breaks up things and gives you other things to do.
    Which, is odd since a lot of sites were saying that avoiding the alien was fun the demos they played... but the game would have to break that up with other types of sections or the game would suffer.

This is why professional game journalism is such crap.

I've got it preloading now, and I can't wait. A long, hard, creepy Alien game. Hells. Yes.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Isn't that supposed to be a good thing? lol