Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I went ahead a pre-ordered. I watched him for a good 3 hours before I was finally sold on the game. I had to walk away because I didn't want to spoil the game for myself. :D

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Good choice. Same here, after seeing the part 1 walkthrough, I was completely sold on the game, looked dam interesting and I've got the feeling it'll be great fun to play.

The game should come out shortly for the pc although it's already released for the xbox/ps3...

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Are you sure? I thought it is being released on the 7th for all platforms? Or are you talking about other methods of getting those versions?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, the release is the 7th, next Tuesday.
    Some retailers have already started selling the console versions. Ignoring the release date.

That's fine, they'll get a spiffy little fine for each copy sold early.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I watched some Eurogamer.net EGX footage of a bonus mode where you had to evade the alien and escape and I have to say the game was looking might damn fine, replicating the atmosphere of the better Alien movies (i.e. Alien and Aliens) almost perfectly and the Alien itself was genuinely menacing in a way that no other Alien licensed game has done to date. I'm not sure I'll be able to play this game without jumping in fright every now and again but I guess that's a compliment.

What wasn't so impressive was the slowdown I was seeing in this build. It runs at 1080p30 on PS4 and Xbox One but it seems to drop frequently, especially when there's steam/smoke particle effects. This makes me wonder if I should perhaps cancel my PS4 pre-order and buy it for PC instead. I do not have access to a big screen TV or surround sound for my PC and I think this is a game that will definitely benefit from those.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The PC version will look better on your system as well.
    AMD and CA have been working together and the result is several high-quality effects exclusive to the PC, contact hardening shadows, HDAO, compute-based particles and tessellation.

It should be a real looker on PC in spite of being cross-gen.

7. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Guest

GPU:
    ATi 7850 2GB
    Sounds good, I hope my 7850 can handle this game @ 30FPS min with all fluff on, even though I have less shaders than the PS4 GPU the OC I have should make up for it, that and the lower res (1680x1050).

Hopefully I won't need an upgrade.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Nah. Her cousin got it from nefarious sources. :D

But needless to say, it convinced me to shell out $67.99 for it.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Still think this could be a fail, am hoping though for some of you here it's not.

Will be surprised going on what CA has produced recently...gonna be interesting to see how it does turn out..then I'll eat humble pie..

10. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Really hope this one turns out good, reviews are out tmrw so I'll hold on for a little longer.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im gona wait till its out, see what the threads filled with, if its full of, utter sh!t, runs like a turd etc...., ill avoid :p

Hoping its good though, as does look it.

12. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
  13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    On the back of that link, this is from the comments:

GamesRadar - ****1/2
    http://www.gamesradar.com/alien-isolation-review/

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  14. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    I never trust reviews as most places that do reviews are payed by the developers. I am my own reviewer.

15. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    IGN be like 59/100 - not COD. I coudn't resist :)

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    IGN counted "unpredictable Alien AI" as a negative.
    Isn't that what they were hyping for the game... the fact that the alien was unpredictable, which made it harder to survive and stay safe?

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, going by that 6.5, Id say its safe to say that the check to IGN got lost in the mail.

But, yeah, Ill be waiting for the reviews from youtubers i frequent.

Countdown to.. "vram is using 8gb. Finally an optimized game".

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The two reviews I've read so far that were negative were all because the game was incredibly difficult.
    Glad I pre-ordered it

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Yeah it seems coz there isnt enough QTEs and no game length tutorial that most gaming site are going to pan it.

Imagine how many more hits on their site they'll get by giving it a lower score than a high one due to how Aliens CM was received and everyone wants this to succeed.

20. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Yeah. So far each " bad "review i read have bad points who are exactly what other review find as the best about the game ( Gameradar review as example ), so its exactly what is reassuring me: This mean it work, and i dont think it will work the same way for everyone. ( im sure it will be same across the forums ).

The only thing who worry me ( and if i read the IGN review he get maybe a good point on it ), is.. will it work on me during all the campaing, or only the first few hours ? ( and i want to try it, just for have the response to this lol ).

Even the design for me look genius. Im start to be old, and when i was young every Sci-Fi series, movies had this design touch of the first ALien: old computers with big CRT screens in 2022 space cruiser, actual technology, sound system etc reused in the future ( because it was somewhere more realist at this time, to use what peoples could see around them and surely cheaper for create the series and movies )... Far far, really far of 2001 vision.

And as we are finally about it: RIP HR Giger. Hopefully i have the luck visit regulary the Giger museum in the Gruyerian Castle ( here in switzerland ), we even regulary organize music festival here.