Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    You can always force SMAA and some gaussian blur with SweetFX.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    PC Gamers, did your HD pack install automatically or not?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That's the problem with prerendered cutscenes, nothing new though.

4. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I totally agree - the lower the resolution, the less important texture quality is.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, you can but it will also blur the text and everything else too which doesn't happen on the PS4 as the text, etc, is overlaid after the post-process AA had been applied to the rendered scenes. That is the problem with forcing FXAA outside of the game and why I'm not a big fan of it unless it is the last resort.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you wouldn't be sayin that if you gamed on a 40" tele.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    No. I had to download it seperately but it was working properly by the time I got to try the game. I clicked on the game properties and selected the DLC tab then the link to take me to the Store which listed all the DLC available for the game including the Season Pass and HD textures. I selected the latter and a 3.7 GB download started (which downloaded surprisingly quickly).

8. [​IMG]

All defaulted to ultra, besides textures, which is high. Runs better than I expected.

Enjoying it so far.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you better watch now folks there's an elf .gif going around the forums. :D

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Just got my 980, running this game at 4K on my Panasonic AX800 TV... Ultra textures everything else maxed.

I can definitely see it dip in frames a bit on occasion but compared to my 680 its incredible the performance I'm getting.

I can confirm ultra textures only seem to consume about 3.7GB vram (which was the size of the steam download for the texture pack).

11. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    ok. Heres my benchmarks from the games benching tool.

Everything max except motion blur and DOF ( I hate any kind of blurring)

Without Ultra Textures Average 59.89 fps
    WITH Ultra Textures 59.95 fps

Regardless of the fact i got a higher result with ultra both are locked 60fps. Thats locked 60fps WITH ultra textures.

My rig is i7 920 d0 o/c 4Gghz
    12GB tri chan RAM
    780ti 3GB windforce

6gb vram my hairy arsehole

Game dont like me tabbing out. Now the benching is out of the way I think ill play through the game. Cant say i noticed any difference from high to ultra textures. not that we get to see much in the benchmark.

My biggest problem with this game atm is the fact that now Im sitting looking at steam, wasteland 2 is right there, ready to be clicked. I would be silly to not be playing wasteland 2 imo. Yes, Silly, Not playing wasteland 2 makes no sense to me. Infact, why am I not playing it right now and typing this **** to a bunch of lunatics on a geeky forum. GET OUT OF MY WAY BITCHES! WASTELAND 2 awaits.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    did you download the separate hd texture pack?

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Since my ambient temp is around 34+-, i use GPU Boost 2.0 to lower the oc when temp reach 82C... works like charm and game runs epically.

Downed some settings to high so i can get 100+fps, the game itself very good, the more i play the better it becomes, but does it have any AOE artifacts or ruins? kinda tired of mass orcs.

14. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    I am getting ~1mo jpg with fraps. For now I've only seen sweetfx injectors output bmp or png.
    I really want to find a way to get my sweetfx preset caught by fraps or another soft and avoid using the heavy printscreen.

Edit: well seems that steam overlay can capture the sweetfx and fraps at the same time lol :hatty:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  15. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    yep, its all installed via steam, checked the DLC content tab, and i restarted the game client after selecting ultra. The 6GB of vram nonsense is massive overkill, perhaps 6gb of slow as hell GDDR5 would be needed but the sheer speed of most high ish end GPUs these days helps a lot.

I can understand needing something huge for 4k but 1080p? no way pedro! anyway.

I am typing here again when I could be playing wasteland 2?

16. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    Is just me or Medim to Ultra Textures are exactly the same?, maybe i can´t really tell the difference because of my bad eyesight or because when i enable Ultra textures instead of 60 fps i got 25-30 fps average on high i got 38-54 average, and with that frame drop is hard to tell.

17. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Maybe not majorly noticeable but I would say at 4K, I can see something. Everything is just slightly less blurry.

Also Ultra textures were too much for my 2GB 680, since I've upgraded to the 980 the ultra textures run flawlessly.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It has some difference between High and Ultra but nothing major.

19. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    I thought adding the HD texture pack made a big difference personally with no FPS hit.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    jimdove reported same on his 780ti, looks like it's a win for -Tj- and his streaming ideas. (at least for this game)