Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Kill him with SLI bits and GTX Titan blacks.

2. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    Not true IMHO. The difference between 2K and 4K textures @ 1080p is not as visible as the difference between 2K and 4K texutres @ 4K or even 1440p. At 1080p, you have to get real close to textures or zoom in to see the difference between 2K and 4K, but there is an easily noticeable difference between 2K and 4K textures at higher resolutions without you having to get close to those textures. Its something I noticed a while ago with other games.

Graphics aside - how is the story in this game? I only saw trailers of fighting and fighting and fighting, but what about cut scenes, characters, the overall story? I LOVED Assassin's Creed 4, but that game had quite a bit of variety, including the whole pirate captain concept, awesome story spanning over several games, and of course assassin gameplay (stealth/sneak, etc). Based on what I have seen in trailers, there is no depth to this game, other than combat depth. I really hope I am wrong on that one! Batman games bore me to death, but not AC4, so I have no idea whether I'd like this game or hate it. I will probably NOT love it, but I hope to just like it to spend money on it...

Are there any good non-spoiler trailers that deal with story, character development, and things other than fighting/weapon upgrading????

3. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Story seems good from what little I've played.

4. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Nah story is meh. Only thing great is the fighting and that gets frustrating.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If what you're saying is right then...*cries softly*

Anyone with SLI tried AFR2? That's kindda a dealbreaker for me.

Sounds good :)

6. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Only if you're a fan of complete rape of the source material.
    The fact they had the balls to even include Silmarilion material despite not owning the rights to it means Christopher Tolkien can sue them and I would very much like that to happen considering what a travesty this is lore-wise.

7. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    This has to be the best game I've played after Witcher 2.. haven't had this much fun killing anything in a game. quests are everywhere, you go as you please and finding and killing capt never gets old.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Not too dissimilar to the films, where they pretty much chose to put in whatever suited them, this is worse, of course.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    when this the game time line happens? Between hobbit and fellowship of the noobs?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    doesn't matter because it doesn't really follow the lore enough for me to care. but from the devs say, yes, between the hobbit and fellowship.

11. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    :rolleyes:

12. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Between Hobbit and Lord of the Rings in the "movie canon".
    As in, it's canon within WB's interpretation of the universe.
    It's not canon with the books obviously.

It's part of WB's movie canon actually, along with the new Hobbit films and the earlier game War in the North.

And say what you will about the LotR movies, but despite the inaccuracies, they were a thousand times more accurate than the Hobbit movies or this game.
    I still want to know why they included references to and even scenes from Silmarilion when WB doesn't own the rights to it.

Also here's 2 screens from the second half of the game in the much greener environment.
    http://i.cubeupload.com/d4s8vC.jpg
    http://i.cubeupload.com/vFEk7P.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    AFR2 seems to be working quite nice :)
    Below are benchmarks in recommended settings which seemed to be Ultra except Textures and something else. I added the HD pack but it doesn't install for some reason.

SLI disabled
    [​IMG]

SLI enabled (AFR2)
    [​IMG]

14. karth222

karth222 Guest

GPU:
    Anyone got a working sweetfx for the game around here ? >.<
    Boulotaur2024 64bit crashes the game at startup

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried Ultra now and took a 10fps hit so it wasn't that bad :)

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Im running 20-25fps with a 7850 1gb... lulz, I think every1 here shud be able to max it no problems at 1080p (no AA ok). Semi high-mid settings was 35fps so... meh, i prefer higher quality, for gamepad low fps is okay.

Story wise.. I just started and okay, its not lotr at all, I think IMO is not middle earth at all, cmon... mordor :3eyes:

Anyways I'll go "soon" to the US, so I may wait until I come back from there with a new gpu

17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I got the game for free as a late birthday present from a friend.
    I only got the time to download it and do the benchmark. I will get hands on tonight.

With this settings:
    [​IMG]
    I get this:
    [​IMG]

6Gb for what? 4k? Maybe. 1080p, no way.

18. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    I just found out that my sweetfx injection didn't get captured when screenshotting with fraps. This never happened before, anybody got an idea why and how to fix it ?
    Thx

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Are you using the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard and then pasting it into paint?

Cause this won't work, SweetFX injector has a built in screenshot option. It will create a screenshot inside the game folder where the games .exe is.

I think the default button is normally F12. But you should check sweetfx ini files it is in one of those.

EDIT:

Its in injector.ini I just checked and the default is actually SCROLL LOCK but depending on what version your using or if its a custom file it may be different.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  20. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    I'm taking screenshots with fraps it always worked until now.