Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    So you're using that FEAR3 profile? I guess it's confirmed working as temporary solution for now.
    As for 3GB not being enough for 4k, that goes without saying, but modern cards aren't strong enough for 4k yet anyway unless you go SLI.
    As for SLI microstutter, friend has 680 SLI setup and I can still see the microstutter.

Also if anyone wonders, I made a comparison of High and Ultra Ambient Occlusion in the game, the visual difference is noticeable but is it worth the 20FPS difference?
    1: AO High: http://i.cubeupload.com/tdrNhi.png
    1: AO Ultra: http://i.cubeupload.com/ne3Km0.png
    2: AO High: http://i.cubeupload.com/3yQnEg.png
    2: AO Ultra: http://i.cubeupload.com/OkErkT.png
    3: AO High: http://i.cubeupload.com/T20S6g.png
    3: AO Ultra: http://i.cubeupload.com/65de9q.png
    4: AO High: http://i.cubeupload.com/7XY5BU.png
    4: AO Ultra: http://i.cubeupload.com/hmLGPR.png

Not really, I was using it as an example that no game exists that would need 6GB at present and that even Crysis 3 which is still arguably the most intensive game on PC right now (in unmodded state that is) doesn't require as much.
    You basically took the sentence out of context because you lack reading comprehension, all you had to do was read the first sentence.
    Pay attention to the context next time please.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    No he was just adding to his point, he wasn't referring to that fact.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    most intensive (gpu power demanding) doesn't equal most vram demanding. Take modded Skyrim, that game will use way more vram than Crysis 3 yet any mid range card can run it just fine.

4. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Again you ignore what I wrote.
    "in unmodded state"

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    well, excuse me if I ignored your blabber. I chose to concentrate on what I found was incorrect in your post.

what is unmodded state?

EDIT: Anyway, it seems that you are a very angry kid. Ignore list it is for you, cabbage boy.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  6. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Do that you imbecile, clearly you're too stupid to even have this little thing called common sense which allows you to also have reading comprehension.
    The fact you even ask what an unmodded state is shows your complete lack of it.

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Ok end of discussion guys. :D

8. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Guys I can't get Boulotaur's Sweet FX 64 bit to work with the game.... Could have posted in the Sweet FX thread as well but thought it'd make more sense here since some of you might be using it...

edit: can't get no sweet fx to work at all, neither boulo or the newest base version

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  9. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Why would you wanna use 64s if they work with normal dlls already? What's the problem?

Nvm didn't know it was a 64bit game. It might not work or they might not be compatible yet.

10. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    https://mega.co.nz/#!eNg2zIKY!ii0wAew1-4I7tcmyK8NEY1jz2WKwTuicb7kYVXiVqv0
    Here's the one I'm using, x64 only.
    Remember that the keys are different than in regular SweetFX.
    // key_toggle_sweetfx = 45 ; 45 = Insert
    // key_screenshot = 35 ; 35 = End
    // key_reload_sweetfx = 46 ; 46 = Del

11. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    i just edited my post to reflect that I can't get SWeet FX to work at all, noeither Boulo's or the base version... but I will try Canzah's suggestion report back in a few minutes

Canzah, nope still crashing with your files, thanks anyway....

ah screw it.... i'll just wait until the first real patch and things get updated all around including a FOV mod and a proper Crossfire driver that doesn't make the menu flicker to unreadable levels

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm really having a lot of fun with this game now I've got over the disappointment of it not having any in-game AA (and, oddly, forcing FXAA in the driver game profile doesn't either work despite it having the correct "shadowofmordor.exe" file added). It's one of those game that seems really shallow at first but then you find yourself wasting hours playing it (3.5 so far), and not doing the story missions either. The combat is just so enjoyable and it is extremely satisfying killing one of the captains, especially if he has killed you before.

Performance for me is now a solid 60 FPS at 1920x1200 with Ultra textures and everything else maxed. I was playing it with High textures, borderless at 2560x1600 with 45 FPS ave. but you really need a rock-solid 60 FPS for this game as the combat flows so much better. Any lower and it starts to feel laggy/unresponsive.

There's not much variety in the opening map though...lots of ruins, rocks and cliffs, hardly any trees...in fact, I think there's only bushes to hide in. It's Mordor as described in the books but I still think they could have done more with it. It's hard to tell sometimes if the area you are in is new or one you visited 30 minutes before because they look so samey. There are camps and fortresses though but there's not really much to see here. I guess keeping the landscapes barren allows for the engine to render more enemies on-screen and it's here where the game really impresses as you have what seems like 20 detailed enemies at times all trying to hack you to pieces. Sometimes captains are backed up by other captains and it all becomes complete chaos but it is just so entertaining, especially when you get a long combo going (my highest so far is 47x I think).

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

lol, 1121 fps.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.
    I had one captain that killed me the first time we meet. I then happened to stumble across him later... only then, I started to kick his ass and he took off.

I then ran into a couple more times. Once on purpose as I tried to track him down, and a few more simply by chance. Each time he would fight for a bit... then he'd run away.
    Finally I got him cornered and when he started to run away I pinned him to the ground with an arrow and sliced his head off. Was SO satisfying.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Is that with everything maxed mate? my bench returned 65 fps on my rig with everything maxed. weirdly enough, I keep seeing people getting max fps near 1k, mine was 220 fps, minimum was 23 though. weird.

16. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    How did you get SweetFX SMAA to work? It's not working for me, no difference at all even on ultra settings.

17. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Nice :D

[​IMG]

Probably will insta crash since 6Gb are maxed at 5k :roll:

18. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    I've noted that the AMD cards dominate on both low and high ends, like this:

• Average: 80
    • High: 1000
    • Low: 5

While with the Nvidia cards it goes like this:

• Average: 70
    • High: 350
    • Low: 35

19. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Anyone know how to hold the warchiefs bodyguard hostage to get the warchief to come out? I grab him and all I see is interrogate and kill.

20. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Boulotaur2024's SweetFX with x64 support. I posted it earlier in the thread on this page.