Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So now you can run ultra at 1440p on a 3gb gpu? A few pages back, when I said it will run fine on 4gb gpus, you said I was bullsh1tting. Funny, right?

2. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Eclap is just a... well, everyone knows what he is, but ill probably get banned for saying it out loud. But thank god for the ignore function on this site, so i dont have to look at his BS.

But he means his native resolution is 1080p, and he is using 1.5 ssaa, aka downsampling from 1440p.

3. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Oh nah, I ain't using any SSAA beyond downsampling from 1440p.

I mean downsampling 1440p to 1080p.

Sorry then, it's just there's too many people who insist that the game doesn't work with Ultra on 3GB or even 2GB VRAM, despite there being proof of it being otherwise from a lot of people.
    I guess retards will remain retards.

I hope these will silence retards forever, taken from various runs of the ingame benchmark.

http://i.cubeupload.com/OjrzU9.png
    http://i.cubeupload.com/xbySyr.png
    http://i.cubeupload.com/drX5xb.png
    http://i.cubeupload.com/PY7paD.png
    http://i.cubeupload.com/18yc45.png

Everything maxed, textures on Ultra, downsampled from 1440p to 1080p, SweetFX SMAA. Min. FPS comes from a split second lag right when the benchmark loads. It's there no matter what settings I pick.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I didnt notice it at first but after playing some time i noticed some tearing (not much but def. a little tearing) and then it annoyed me.

5. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    It plain to see you haven't even bothered reading this thread.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, you're talking about people like Dorlor, he was insulting everyone on this forum who didn't believe the 6gb hype. I explained it to him now and he kinda understand that he was wrong. At least I hope so.

7. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    The game flat out doesn't look good enough to be 6 gigs.
    Not even maxed out Crysis 3 at 4k needs that much.

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Perhaps ive just been too caught up in the game to notice it :p But i can imagine it being very annoying, once youve first noticed it !

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The game doesn't need 6gb to run silky smooth, it's fine on 3gb.

10. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Thanks for completely ignoring the thread and first part of my post eclap.
    Reading comprehension 10/10
    It's already been established that 3GB is completely fine, your comment was completely unnecessary.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    personal attacks rather than an explanation of what was missed

thread going places fast

12. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What's everyones issue? :D Calm the **** down. Dorlor the game runs fine on ultra with a 3GB card. Have you understood that now?

Everyone should settle down with this VRAM crap, it's starting to be annoying. 3GB is still enough for all games lol.

13. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Well we've been arguing that the game is perfectly fine at 3GB and yet eclap felt the need to comment as if I were saying otherwise.

On a side note, anyone notice any visual difference between Ambient Occlusion on High and Ultra? Since the framerate difference between them is whooping 20FPS yet I see no visual difference, might as well play with AO on High, so now I have silky smooth 60FPS at 1440p, rather than 57 average.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I think he just misunderstood you so take it easy Canzah. :) Chill bro.

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Have i understood it? Dude, im telling you what im experiencing, not what i "think", and it does not run fine im are using 1440p + 1.5 ssaa (aka downsampled from 4k), together with ultra textures - then 3gb vram is not sufficient, and i have to use high textures instead, to make the stuttering stop.

So no, 3gb is NOT enough for all games, if you want to truely max them out (that Means supersampling / downsampling aswell).

16. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    You do realize that 1440p with 1.5 SSAA is 4k (3840x2160) right?
    We're talking about the game being advertised as needing 6GB for 1080p which is complete and bullcrap, it's flat out lies since you don't need more than 2GB and 3GB for both 1080p and 1440p respectively.
    Oh and I see you have 780Tis in SLI Dorlor, but right now the game doesn't even support SLI.
    SLI naturally has microstuttering anyway, which is why I'll never go for SLI.

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I agree.. Just stop. 2 gb is enough for all games. I don't understand some peoples fascination feeling the need of jacking all settings to max and getting 120 fps.. The game will still look good. Cmon man! I know,tri SLI 980's.. :p

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah yeah, we're all talking backwards and miscommunicating here so let's just cut the crap and be friendly with each other. :D

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yes ofc :)

Im just saying that the phrase "3gb is all youll ever need for any game" is BS, cause depending on resolution (me downsampling from 4k for instance), youll need alot more to be able to use ultra settings, without getting baaad stutter.

Btw sli does Work (look at previous pages in the thread) and has about 80% scaling. But no, SLI does not naturally have microstuttering... that was years ago. These days, all youll get is a frame latency of 32 ms, if you had 16 ms with a single Card. And as long as those frametimes are consistant, it wont be percieved as stuttering :)

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you were the one who said "Not even Crysis 3 at 4k needed 6gb vram". why did you say that? it makes it sound like Shadow of Mordor needs 6gb. All I said was it doesn't.

Dorlor, only an idiot will buy 2x 780ti to game at sub 60fps, sorry. Lower your settings and play it at at least 60fps constant, if not more. You'll also see your vram usage drop.