Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Now playing I can tell screenshots don´t make it any justice, textures aren´t sharp but the texturing of the whole scene, the end result is great... you can tell artists have much more room to work on from now on. So I still can´t believe nvidia put the minimum amount of vram they could on the gtx9XX... no room for the future. :bang:

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i still look for fighting technique tips etc or story talking but nah..all elf language here..there is a MOD section wish TECH section goes for games too. this topic would be clean of this all for sht.

3. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Yes performance is great on my 2GB card also. With 1080p Ultra details and HIGH textures, there's no stuttering at all, 50-65fps (my monitor is 16:10, but I can use that resolution thanks to downsampling). If I use FXAA and downsmaple from 1440p, image quality is superb, minimal aliasing, and theres still no stuttering, and very playable fps. I have SDD so maybe that helps ?

But With Ultra textures my performance will drop (30-45fps), and indeed there's stuttering.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  4. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Thats such BS. At 4k the game only takes 3.8 for me.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    My monitor's native res of 900p.
    Yeah, I know it's not 1080p or a 4K monitor... blah, blah, blah. :)

Still gives a great picture, while giving me more room performance wise. Plus, I've never been big on really huge monitors.
    I had a full 1080p 24 inch one a while back. Didn't like it. Went to my current 900p 20" one and really like how it looks.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Bigtime has a point i can't believe it's still elf talk.
    game must be crap then.

7. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Are mosue/keyboard controls OK?
    Gamepad or m/k?

8. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    It's very mediocre.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It'll "use" as much as it has available. check your vram usage when the Nvidia logo comes up, I'm getting 2.1gb there, which of course is nonsense. What the game does is fills up as much vram as it possibly can. That's not to say that those with 3 or 4gb cards can't play just fine with ultra everything.

10. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Okay because I am averaging 34 FPS at 4k on ultra via the benchmark. A tad laggy in game but playable and fun as hell!

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would rather play at a lower resolution with higher fps.

12. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I don't understand why you guys are picking apart a console port.. What did you expect? The hardware is probably 2 yrs behind the pc if not more. These companies don't give a crap about quality anymore. Its all big business now and they just want to push these games out and patch it later. PC is in the back of their mind..

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm using mouse and keyboard, and it's fine. I've had no issues pulling off moves, countering, getting around the world.

All controls are fully remappable, so you can tweak and adjust things to your liking.

14. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks for information, i'll probably run game on med- settings with 40fps which is good and I am also using 900p monitor. Maybe I'll play on a TV 38" (768p) if i get used to joystick.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No problem. Here's my benchmark from the in game tool...

[​IMG]

That's at 900p with all settings at High except for SSAO. I've toyed with tessellation, and it seems to have almost no effect performance wise.

Also, according the my in game FPS counter, my performance in game is higher then the benchmark's "average" score. Normally running mid 70s.

16. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Hi, I've disabled the v-sync in the game and I have enabled in the control panel but I still get 60fps and when it falls below is blocked at 30fps, what I have to do to prevent this from happening? I'm seeing people playing 70 or 80fps with 750ti ...

17. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Don't use V-Sync or use Nvidia's Adaptive V-Sync.

18. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Or use borderless fullscreen.

19. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Not me.

20. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Okay, ive used the past few hours playing the game, and ultra textures is a no go if i dont want stutter. But 1440p, high textures, and 1.5 ssaa Works decent (although not constant 60 fps).

Its a quite fun game :)