Monolith's Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 12, 2013.

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    SSAA? That would surely need a ton of VRAM as its equivalent to 4K @ 1080p downsampling. How does the game run on your PC?

2. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes buy a new gpu for this game :grin:

btw you can always force driver FXAA and idk use LOD -0.250 or -0.500 to remove any blurring.

4. Wallp

Wallp Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN 3-Way SLI
    Hi, people with 2 way sli can you please tell me if you got rain on this sequence and what is your performance with FEAR3 bits ? Thank you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014

5. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    No idea about that test since I can't read German, but stable silky smooth 60 FPS with V-Sync on, everything maxed (ultra textures installed and selected as well), 1080p.
    At 1440p downsampled to 1080p it drops as low as 49, but mostly maintains 60 FPS as well.

That's on my 780Ti, but it's a factory OC version, Gigabyte GHz Edition.

6. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    The weather(rain) comes & goes like the day/night cycle.

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It uses built in downsampling, you can select up to 3840x2160 if you have a 1080p monitor, you can go higher if you create a custom resolution. I already had a custom 3840x2160 resolution created and had the option to go up to 7680x4320 ingame.

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't have the game but :
    [​IMG]

This is with a monster CPU heavily overclocked though.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sht poo boring game. so dull. and camera goes wrong places. need patch. not about tech but camera issues. and game keeps going to mouse keyboard scheme while playing with gamepad.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Guys, what's the settings to use in CCC to enable FXAA? If it can, this a sweetfx thing?

Game is a touch fugly at the moment, and i'm cutting it fine on the 2gb vram and fps to use the SSAA it offers.

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I was playing Batman Arkham Origins the other day and the fighting doesn't really inspire me. Regular bad guys take about 5-7 hits each before they are out. It gets repetitive and boring. I hope Mordor isn't like that.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No way a 3gb 780ti beats a 6gb titan. Wow, who would have said that.

/sarcasm

13. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    VRAM is not everything, 780Ti is better than Titan in every single way other than VRAM.
    And as others have already said, this game does NOT require 6GB VRAM to run the Ultra textures, seems like crap written by developers for god knows what reason.

14. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Ofc, people are so funny with their uninformed claims about how 4GB VRAM for new games is not enough or "im waiting for 6-8gb cards , they can't fool me" , lol...but they can bro.

When a real next-gen PC game like Witcher 3 comes out, we will see if 4GB is too low or not. Not when some PS4 port , that's using all GPU VRAM to cache textures and whatnot for no reason. Watch Dogs still stutters same on TITAN as on 780gtx 3gb versions. They are using PC VRAM like it's PS4 unified memory , and that causes all the problems , if they used sys RAM properly like all these years , this would require 2-3gb cards maximum.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  15. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    really not getting the point of this game, just seems to be kill ork after ork.
    its as dull as ****

16. Wallp

Wallp Guest

GPU:
    GTX TITAN 3-Way SLI
    The rain is scripted it is always there in the beginning

it's a bug I'm getting, everything is ok with 3 but no rain with 2 cards using fear 3 bits

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    That's what I was afraid of. So wait for a steam sale? $20? I'm interested in the Lichmage game also..

18. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Guest

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    No watch dogs doesnt and it doesnt even take 4gb vram at 4k. You are right about the other things though.

19. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Indeed, we're simply reaching a second age of ****ty PC ports since now due to next-gen consoles being x64 PCs, devs will be very lazy with ports and not give a damn about properly adapting for PCs that don't have unified ram, and even still this game works flawlessly on cards with 2 and 3GB VRAM.
    Watch Dogs is the only truly broken one, so far at least.

As for Witcher 3, the game was already confirmed to reach 30-45 FPS maxed out with 8x MSAA on a single 780Ti by CDPR themselves during E3.
    They also said the game isn't optimized yet so it will run better on release.

And finally, Witcher 3 is not really that impressive anymore.
    Graphics have been severely downgraded since 2013 build (as evident by 2014 PC footage) because Microsoft paid for platform parity with XBone.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    total misinfo since the last patch but carry on, so far most of this thread is about vram on GPUs, i think 'ork' has been mentioned once.