AMD Catalyst 14.9 WHQL (14.301.1001.0 September 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    What i did to fix that was use windows uninstaller first before using DDU.
    I used to uninstall directly from DDU and always had the same problem untill i did it this way and never had that problem again.
    So now i uninstall the catalyst software untill it prompts you to restart then press no and run DDU to go to safe mode or do it manually

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah right, nice - Im not bothered really, there is no error really and saves time using just DDU

3. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    too lazy to run a uninstaller before DDU .... lol:rolleyes:

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Who said too lazy?

Why run two uninstallers when you only need to run one for the sake of a non existent error message ?

5. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    I was just kidding :) and if i have to say something .... just for the sake of our rigs running error free :banana: and i hate the yellow question mark :biggun:

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Meh, it's not even an error, if you click the button that shows the logs, everything says SUCCESS, it's literally just a brain fart that the installer wasn't expecting, not an actual error of the driver install

7. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Not a driver issue, it's a game issue. Wait for patch or download CTE.

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yer right, i didn't, but its always said that hasn't it ?, then when the list appears, you untick Raptr. :p

I'll try that next time, thanks for the tip :)

9. Lokenall

Lokenall Guest

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    BF4, one of the worst purchases ever. Hasn't ran correctly ever. Constant stuttering. They will never fix this, nor do they care. They are already working on other projects. I will never buy one of their games again.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It used to just say to do a custom install and you had to remove it yourself iirc, now it says do a custom install for it to not be included :)

11. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    BF4 run fine for me till last dlc patch, cte works perfectly so next patch for stable should be fine.

12. soky999

soky999 New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 56 8GB
    we dont have any of these problems...reinstall windows,, thats can resolve this

13. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    OMG this has to be one of the worst releases ever. Takes me back to 7970 launch and the so called "drivers" with CF setups :thumbdown

DEM Bluescreens eveywherez with 290X CF and Win7 64bit.

1st BSOD: trying to update from 14.7RC3 without doing DDU cleanup and blue is happily greeting me.
    2nd BSOD: doing DDU cleanup (in safe mode) and then installing these, driver tries to automagically enable CF on next boot and fails with blue window.
    3rd BSOD: enabling GPU up-scaling (maintain aspect-ratio) in CCC brings me yet again to the world of blue.
    4th BSOD: trying to view software information tab in CCC tries to tell me that even red has turned blue and "Windows Had Quality Labs" :lulz:

Need to play around a bit with these to see what is actually causing all these problems. 4th BSOD is definitely pointing to Oculus Rift sys filter and I can replicate it every time.
    Need to make yet another bug feedback which AMD most likely doesn't even read :bang:

Downgrading back to 14.7RC3 which has worked like toilet in a train after tests.

14. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Thanks for this :D :banana: Worked

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am literally drooling at this what the heck.

*downloads*

16. joe187

joe187 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070ti FTW
    known issue --> [404660]: GPU gets stuck in a low power state after it was previously stressed to max power.

Ok well... that is just ridiculous. Really..... AMD

:bang:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  17. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Bugger.. I'm still getting the CCC host application error and then it closes. :S

Event logs:
    Faulting module name: amdmantle64.dll

My 5850s aren't even mantle-enabled yet that dll is causing my CCC to crash.

18. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    all the driver that enables mantle, I have bug graphs, (all black textures of games, all buggy, all colorful, risks) in other games such as CS GO,WAR THUNDER etc, and me A LOT worse FPS in some games like need the run .... This driver made ***8203;***8203;them more "smoothed" graphics and I gained 2fps in BF3 and BF4, and the cs go not open at 8850m, I have a black screen, besides every time I close a game the message "driver amd has stopped working" appears only with this driver, 13.12 is far better....13.12>ALL FOR MOBILY

19. Lokenall

Lokenall Guest

GPU:
    2xASUS Matrix 7970GHz P
    It's not the OS. After reverting back to 14.7 RC3 Beta, everything works fine and smooth as butter.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    These drivers install on Windows 8 Original~

*dances happy dance*

No problems here, install was perfect.