NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. |-c2c-|Rom

|-c2c-|Rom Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660TI OC
    i've give them a try,and i roll back to i cafe 340.72.I wasnt having problem but i have better performance with the i cafe driver.

PS:I have seen in the new driver virtual reality pre-rendered frames i will like to know how it work exactly

Thanks a lot

Rom

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Watch Dogs Bad Blood is messed up with these, at very beginning T-bone and other characters have missing textures, where their clothes are it's invisible.

edit: fixed with 344.16

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Better game play in BF4 with these, finally!

5. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    Working well on the new card. No more flashing in Valley compared to previous WHQL.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  6. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Odd how Grid Autosport and Tomb Raider 2013, still crash with a slight over clock of my gpus. These are the only 2 games that will always crash. Other far more demanding games, play fine.

7. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've been getting screen freeze and even the occasional client crash in Diablo III with these drivers, either that or the latest patch which hit around the same time. It seems I'm not alone judging by the official forum.

8. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    D3 is really sensitive with my oc's with the latest drivers, I had to reduce it by 50hz to get it stable.

9. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    I know we just got this awesome driver and all, but Final Fantasy XIII comes out in two weeks. Is there going to be a driver next week to support it or something?

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    is this driver recommended? i'm still on 337.50 for BF4 gameplay.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I had 2 system freezes in windows 7 when using firefox.

dont happen in windows 8.1 though.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    turn off hw acceleration in FF, I only time i ever had system freezes with FF was with HW acceleration enabled. As such i have have hw acceleration disabled in it for 5+ years. and even when i do use it with it enabled i see no performance difference.

HW acceleration in FF is buggy and even Mozilla dev know this and recommend it off it you have issues. Then again people have argued why should they have to disabled it. Well it know to be buggy and most likely fix problems

13. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I've been getting these freezes ever since 337.50 drivers came out. Solid freezes ups only in Firefox. Kept on trying the drivers as they came out but always had to revert to 335.23 which was without this error.
    Disabling HW acceleration did not fix it.
    So, tried 344.11 and sure enough a freeze after 5 seconds on this very forum but instead of going back to 335.23, I uninstalled Firefox and am using Chrome which seems to be perfectly fine.
    So, for me, it seems my system does not like the combination of Firefox and the drivers later than 335.23.
    Sticking with Chrome.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    dont know then my system has had hard one for issues with any nvidia driver since i made this build

Any time any voice chat program is up and running connected to server. And I open any program with HW acceleration that isnt a game (aka Firefox , .net, etc with hw acceleration on) my system will hard lock/freeze almost instantly. hence i have HW acceleration disabled on alot that stuff when possible.

But I do know FF hw acceleration is buggy at best and the dev's recommend disabling it if it what causing the issue.

Then again this Hardlock/freezes on my end are only reproduce able on my end when nvidia drivers are on my system with said hw acceleration enabled in those said programs.

15. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I tried a lot of things to get to the bottom of it to no end. Stress tested the PC, gamed heavily for hours etc etc but never could work out what caused it but 337.50 was the first driver that had this improved architecture and used a shader cache.
    I always got 2 WHEA CPU internal timer ID 18 errors logged at the time I pressed the reset button after a freeze but always suspected this was as a result of the reset not the actual fault. Something was hard locking the CPU. Even the mouse would freeze.

So, the only conclusion I can draw from it is, for my system, Firefox in combination with Nvidia drivers higher than 335.23 were to blame. It didn't seem to matter about HW acceleration for me but there are so many variables in play it's hard to draw conclusions as to the cause of freeze ups.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Kinda why i just disable hw where possible and not worry about the problem happen for the last 5+ years

17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Hopefully it wont be needed. As far as i know, FFXIII uses the same engine (crystal tools) as the original pc FFXIV 1.0 (from 2010) did.

Then again... it wasn't too well optimized back then, and i doubt they made any changes since... lol

18. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Funny you should mention that... I have the same issue. Random lock ups when using firefox. Gaming is absolutely fine but for whatever reason when using firefox it'll completely lock up the system from time to time.

19. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I installed Chrome on the 19th of this month as soon as 344.11 came out and have not had a freeze up since. Firefox took approximately 5 minutes to lock up with this driver on my system. Try Chrome after uninstalling Firefox?

Worth a shot.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Btw Nvidia does support full openCL 1.2 100%, even open CL 2.0 @ 62%.. Guess its other software bug reading it wrong, so all is good then.

@344.11whql atm
    [​IMG]

intel igpu has full 2.0 @ 100%.