Nvidia Geforce 344.16 BETA Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DeathAngel74, Sep 20, 2014.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Nevermind ---- sorted

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  2. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Jesus christ the performance on these drivers sucks.

I went from .11 to .16 because I was getting a DXGI deviced removed error in crysis 3 but now on .16 I am getting probably 10 frames less on average and massive 20-25 frames drops where before it was 60 solid.

Excellent choices from Nvidia, crashes or crap performance.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    the 680 had performance problems as well when first released.

give it time.

this is why I wait before rushing out and buying new things.

4. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    But the release driver 344.11 didn't have these performance problems, ironing out bugs is one thing but if it comes at a massive performance hit...

5. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Bugs are always gonna come unexpected. You just never know when one might pop up.
    Take the 700 series for example. Up to this point, it has excellent performance in most DX11 games, but performance in some DX9 games are just pure crap (Borderlands 2 and GTA IV, for example).

6. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    But those games have had performance problems for the entire life of the game, this performance problem has come up in this particular driver.

Borderlands 2 apparently has some kind of cpu priority problem and gta iv has always had insane cpu requirements as a result of poor porting. Neither of those problems are particularly graphically related.

Physx is another story though.

7. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    I don't know about that though. Some people using 600 series cards have reported fantastic performance in those games, while here I am, using a GTX 750 Ti, and can't get stable 60 FPS in Borderlands 2. Granted, my CPU is weak and all, but there shouldn't be such a performance loss.

Hell, Borderlands 1 didn't even use advanced PhysX, and I'm getting massive frame drops for no reason. The worst part is, there are people who don't have the same issues as me :bang:

8. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    yep this driver is better than .11

the stutter is gone in survarium and smite specially

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Certain areas in BL2 are broken and Gearbox admitted to there being a problem, the area "Thousand Cuts" is notorious for performance loss.
    I hope 2K Aus does a better job in that aspect with the pre-sequel.

10. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    Just tested Crysis 3 with .11 and .16 , and not Im not seeing the same problems you describe. Performance is about the same, which also agrees with what ManuelG said that .16 is same as .11 just some last minute 970/980 compatibility fix.

11. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    They've been using PC footage in a lot of their trailers, so one can only hope they're giving PC optimization a priority.

Oh, and I just noticed this today as well: a lot of Unreal 3 games I've been playing have this problem, where there's this faint 1-pixel line at the left and top edge of the screen: (it's easier to see if you open the image in a separate window)
    http://i.imgur.com/a8JB7kp.jpg?1
    At first, I thought it was a game problem. But then, when I played Arkham City, I saw that it only happened while running in DX9 mode. Running in DX11 didn't have this problem at all.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  12. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You will find not all drivers suit your setup, it is nice we have lots of choices. Appears 4.11 maybe your current choice?

Poor boy you also see it.

Because you have no problems with either they are the same?

Regards

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    BL2 in terms of optimization is crap, it runs better on geforce than radeons, but still crap compared to what it can be. it has cpu optimization issues, and some areas like u said, thousands cuts shows it perfectly.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not sure whether this is a driver or engine issue but I'll mention it anyway.

In Dead Rising 3, I experience flickering shadows in certain areas, usually indoors but not always, as if the game is unsure of whether the light sources are coming from. It looks incredibly ugly and distracting when it happens.

Also, when changing costumes, the screen will blink/blank out for a split second sometimes once, sometimes twice and even on occasion three times! It's as if the game is changing the resolution or refresh rate of the screen and this issue does not happen on the Xbox One version so it looks very much like a bug. I use HDMI to my HP LP2475w monitor but this issue does not occur in any of the other dozens of games I play.

I've seen both these issues in the v337.88, v340.43, v340.52 and v340.76 drivers on my GTX 780 and in the v344.11 and v344.16 drivers on my new GTX 980.

15. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    Having a strange issue with SVP and GPU Acceleration with these and 344.11, it's intermittent but they seem to cause stuttering when playing videos back at 120 fps the only way I can fix it is to reboot and reload the video, also I'm getting like 500 less points in 3dmark using these although I haven't really noticed any performance issues in games.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Shadows is a game bug, seen on a xbox one vid. I dont get that screen blinking.

17. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    I noticed the exact same thing when playing last night, I imagine it's just a game prob though.
    Regarding the changing costume resolution thing, my girlfriend has been getting that randomly, but I have not. She's on a 780 and I'm on a 980 so I doubt it's a card issue

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    SLI issues:

1. RoG Swift @ 144Hz in Desktop (2D) - GPU1 does not idle but GPU2 does
    (Workaround - Run Desktop at 120Hz)

2. Unexplainable driver reset while playing WoW at stock clocks

3. In games that do not require much GPU power GPU1 downclocks to 899MHz while GPU2 stays at max boost 1304MHz. In GPU intensive games both GPUs work equally fast.

19. Spenty

Spenty Guest

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    I'm looking forward to future driver releases for these 9 series cards, I think we can expect at least 5% more performance in future drivers that are optimized for the new architecture.

20. Spartan_Hoplite

Spartan_Hoplite New Member

GPU:
    2x nVidia 8800Ultra SLi w/ 32" LCD
    better wait for the upcoming WHQL then