AMD Catalyst 14.x RC1 (14.410.0.0 September 2) OpenCL 2.0

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    Pretty much every modern laptop is fixed in dynamic mode, the iGPU is connected to the display, while the GPU renders the picture in high performance mode.

Driver works good on my system, didn't know it's such a early release. Is the driver that will coming out shortly, the true 14.9 WHQL, maybe? Or 14.10 beta?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Bulldog has a Manhattan line Radeon Mobility 5650.

It is a fixed / muxed switching system.

I am waiting for AMD to get my Eyefinity / 120Hz 3D working again on my Manhattan 6850m (fixed / muxed) via their new "forced dynamic" mode.

^^ this will never happen as you yourself have mentioned that the iGPU is connected to the display. The iGPU is able to output at 120Hz. AMD just isn't able to do "3D" via dynamic it seems.

Besides I am still seeing people on 7650m muxless cards not being able to go into sleep state.

AMD still has work to do.

3. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
  4. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Poor frame pacing with these in BF4

Edit:

For some reason frame pacing was set to method one instead of two. Could have been the cause.

5. yurizinho182

yurizinho182 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    DX11 or MANTLE?

What's the best driver for R9 290x and battlefield in DX11?

thanks

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you have a 290, its in hardware, the drivers wont effect your frame pacing.

He has a 7970, its in software for him.

7. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Oops how could I forget! In Mantle. Didn't try DX11.

8. cristian.a

cristian.a Guest

GPU:
    RX580 8GB
    I can not do a good installation of this drivers and run the CCC!!! Everything work normally, but not de CCC.. Why, Why !

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Does this driver have Mantle? In the software tab, it shows "not available".

10. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    It does have Mantle, just installed them and tested in Skyrim and DR3, no crashes or bugs (W7 x64), I also don't have any CCC crashes, so thanks asder00!

11. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    Okay well looks like the problem I had with this driver is the same with others too. Could be a game issue... Currently running the 27th of August betas.

In BF4 under Mantle, after a while the secondary GPU drops in usage relative to the first. For example, the top card will be on 97% while the second is on 87% even though frame pacing is clearly enabled. Can see this in afterburner and using the perfoverlay in BF4. This causes some wonderful microstutter and the only way to sort it is to re load the game!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  12. Demon71

Demon71 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5750
    install the current version modified catalyst 14.41 but I did not run correctly, specifically the amd catalyst control center the application locks up and did not allow me to configure anything,

I uninstalled the previous version and installed the amd catalyst 14.08 whql which works properly on my computer

thanks you.

13. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    You know crossfire mantle in BF4 causes a memory leak (system ram and possible vram leaks)? Leak introduced July 8th patch. The next big patch coming from the CTE has apparently fixed this. In mean time can run dx (like I have been doing) or you can disable crossfire when in mantle. The CTE patch is coming next week (supposedly - some reports are it has been held back).

14. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Unfortunately, no Mantle here.... Too lazy to post a screenshot.

SO, it's back to WHQL's (as always) or live without Mantle.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  15. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Can anyone confirm whether or not these drivers have chipset drivers too? Mainly, AHCI?

16. xecuter116

xecuter116 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Crossfire
    I had no idea about this. It didn't look like there was a leak looking at my ram and vram usage though. Must be something to do with it I'm sure. Thanks for the heads up!

17. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    These seem to be about the same as the 14.30's for me in bf4... Havnt tried mantle yet, as EVERY release has given me the micro stutter issue. Ill go ahead and give it a shot, but im pretty sure it will give me the same problem.

18. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    Yep. Same results. I give up on mantle.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It doesn't. Only contains the display driver, HDMI, and PCI Bus. No IOMMU, USB Filter, or anything else.

Edit: The PCI Bus driver is also outdated (Dec 2013). So ideally, you'd want to grab that from another recent driver should you need it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
  20. sidspacewalker

sidspacewalker Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce R9280X
    Hey thanks for checking that for me. I can confirm that State of Decay doesn't have the texture corruption anymore but it still has micro-stutter with my card.