HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    While I have never played "BLOPS 2" :)D), I did find this thread from the Steam forums:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3002632

Judging from the comparison screenshots here, the ingame SSAO is completely broken in Black Ops 2.
    It is possible, that this was fixed in a patch since the thread was made, but I very much doubt it.
    To me this is just typical for such a mass-produced, quickly made console port franchise title :3eyes:

There is no way around it, disable ingame SSAO and look for a custom DX11 HBAO+ flag ;)
    Try one of the usual suspects first, i.e. 0x00060000, 0x00020000, 0x000E0000 or 0x00110000.

2. Voodooman

Voodooman Member

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX 680 4gb
    Any HBAO+ flag for Fable Anniversary, please?

3. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    0x00000020 (Mass Effect) works...

anyway, im going to test all of them to see which is better

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  4. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    Thats odd, you can see in this video, around 0:25 sec mark that AO is working (look closely, around the hands), I guess it must be super subtle or/and don't affect vegetation?

Anyway, apparently ingame SSAO doesn't work well with TXAA, so that would be another benefit of finding decent HBAO+ flag

5. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
  6. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I found a HBAO+ flag for Dead Rising 3. Though am unable to test very much. Would be awesome if someone who may be playing it could test more thoroughly.
    This is the first flag so far that has applied a noticeable enough effect.
    0x00060000

Comparison
    (do note though that it's subtle compared to the built in AO)

7. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Wanted to post that I tried every pre-made DX11 flag in the new Gauntlet and none of them worked. Hopefully that will save someone some time :p Some of the flags gave me a performance hit without an effect though. I'm not sure if that is an indicator for it possibly working or not. In case it matters, the flag that gave me a performance hit without an effect was 0x00060000 and, I'm assuming, other flags that contained the same bit.

Btw, the in-game AO isn't super stable, so if you think it is a bad case of the jaggies, it is actually the AO :(

Edit: Wrong bit, updated for correct one.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Can you disable the AO?

Is there a DX9 mode?

Have you tried downsampling to see if that improves the quality of the built in SSAO?

I have to work the next two days so I won't be able to check anything with the game myself. Since I bought it and all.

9. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Yes, you can disable the AO.

I couldn't get the game to go in to DX9, but I didn't try for very long.

The game didn't like downsampling. It automatically went back to my native res despite saying I was at 3200x1800. I don't think the game is a typical full screen, but it isn't quite borderless window either.

I also couldn't get SweetFX to work for SMAA (I tried 1.5.1 and boulotaur2024's injector). Luckily, FXAA works well enough with the art style and top-down perspective.

Wow, after listing all this stuff out, it's almost like they made an effort to irritate customers :p

10. Scorpio82Co

Scorpio82Co Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 8GB
    is there any working flag for deadspace 1 & 2??? need help please..

11. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Both of those games are already in the doc...

Here they are:
    Dead Space 0x0000000F
    Dead Space 2 0x00000026 (set light quality to normal)

In the future, check the doc, then search the thread to make sure it isn't impossible, then ask. Also, the people that find flags here don't magically know which ones will work. It's all trial and error (and a little knowledge gained from it). In other words, you are just as good at finding them as they are.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    what about perf hit one vs another?

Is build-in less demanding then driver AO?

13. sourkimchi

sourkimchi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980 GTX SC ACX 2.0
    Here it is. Sorry for late reply.
    http://i.imgur.com/gMYvxXs.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gx89Gtk.jpg
    (of course tried it with all that AA mess off)

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I did manage to get downsampling to work with Gauntlet. But could not get afterburner to recognize key commands to take screenshots for some reason. Had to set resolution in the cfg file and then change my desktop resolution to that resolution.

And yeah, even downsampling there are some pretty obviously horrible issues with the SSAO. It's better than native resolution, but still no HBAO+

Game starts in borderless windowed for me first. Alt+Enter sets it to full screen, also the fullscreen option int he menu

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    And there are no possibilities of forcing Gauntlet to run in DX9?
    Forcing AO in DX10+ is typically much less likely to work without one issue or another, since there are fewer combinations of AO bits in these API's ;)

I have a few suggestions to include in the HBAO+ list:

1) "0x00000030" should be added for Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10342527&postcount=98
    2) "0x00000020" (subtle) and "0x00000030" (strong) should be added ONLY for Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10355981&postcount=6085
    3) "0x00000030" (subtle) and "0x00000020" (strong) should be added for Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10355981&postcount=6085
    4) "0x0000000E" should be added for Colin McRae: Dirt: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10349121&postcount=99
    5) "0x0000002C" should be added for Insurgency: http://www.reddit.com/r/insurgency/comments/2e19te/ambient_occlusion_not_supported/

16. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    1. I held off on insurgency based on your prior warning.

2. I didn't notice that the Chivalry ones were reversed. My bad.

Have not seen the others.

Will update when I get home from work tonight

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Some AO flags seem to be broken between the earlier drivers and the new v344.xx ones.

For example, I loaded up Resident Evil: Revelations for the first time in months on my new GTX 980 using the v344.16 WHQL drivers and the game repeatedly crashed when I clicked on Start from the main menu. It turned out to be caused by me forcing Quality AO in the game which worked fine with earlier drivers on my GTX 780. Once, I disabled it then the game ran normally.

18. ZabaZuu

ZabaZuu Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10 GB
    Alright, nice to know. Wish it didn't require fiddling :/

19. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Hm!

I guess I'll have to re-download the game. Install new drivers. And see for myself maybe.

20. Canzah

Canzah Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Wasteland 2 Patch 1 removed DX11 entirely, the game is now 100% DX9.

Any HBAO+ flag?