Do you believe in Psychics / Mediums ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    Right, as an adult indoctrination is far less likely. But kids have no legal free will.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

3. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I dun read too much dystopian and science fiction. :infinity:

Joking aside, we humans inhabit 1 planet orbiting 1 star (that Hollow Earth theory :banana:). A star out of countless others.

Man's ego can't take his infinitely minuscule role in the workings of the universe. Boom: Religion.

Many seek desperately for their conscious to exist forever, because they can't "see" beyond their own 5 senses. Many seek the easy answer Many seek to negate the concept of morality.

We got 75 years to make some interesting sht happen people. Don't waste it on society, culture, religion, physical pleasure, your ego, or other BS. Experience! If the chains of society hold you in place physically, go pick up a book! :rock:

How to solve emotional problems? Refuse to let society reduce you, while also refraining from increasing thyself. Separate oneself from the self. Your eyes and ears are only the conduit of information. Your consciousness will ultimately be long dead electronic impulses scattered along the solar winds of a dying star.

Death is nothing to fear, nor is it something to seek (be no slave to emotion and thus pain). You are not a tool evolution. You are not the pawn of society.

Let thy experiences, both "positive" and "negative", come. There is nothing to lose.

My philosophies are all over the place goddammit. This is the sht I tell myself everday. :(

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Psychics are nothing more than people who are great are reading people, and working out what best to ask next. They are also experts at observation, not unlike on the TV show Psych.

There are different methods utilised depending on the situation, such as on TV shows where they pick someone from the audience based on the seat allocation and what they filled in for the pre-show questionnaire. The questionnaires are apparently seemingly innocent, but gives the bullsh!t artist (aka psychic) exactly the information they need to know what to ask, and ask next through extrapolation.

It could even be the case that some psychics don't even realise they are just experts at observation and not the least bit psychic, if that observation is happening at a sub-conscious level.

5. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    people will sell you anything you want, magical predictions, eternal life, ghosts stories, you name it

6. J.B.west

J.B.west Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX 660ti
    my gf believes in religious prophets that go to her prayer group...usually these "prophets" go there to tell a story and then sell some oil based product with magic healing powers.

shes retarded

7. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    This is what came across into my mind:

Humans are made from organic materials that can process energy from the sun for their life. So basically human's life/consciousness is a form of energy. As we all know energy can't be created or destroyed.

There is a possibility that after death that person's life energy is still exist. Energy has certain frequency. Maybe for some people, they can make their brain wave tuned to that frequency and it's perceived as communicating with the dead.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Legal has no place in free will. Children have has much free will as adults. Parents are the ones who limit free will. If you look from a religious perspective, Man is imperfect. Man tries to exert his influence over religion when the propper flow should be that religion should have an influence on Man's choices since the goal is to better ourselves. Tools exist to make this process easier. It is Man that has chosen to not apply the tools correctly if at all. Good has to exist in order for evil to have the ability to twist it.

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    a ghost told me that the guy on tv that talks with family members and their dead relatives is a douchbag.....
    j/k

actually I got something. kinda like a vibe thing.. I can tell how somethings about to happen.

me " phone ringing"

person "eh no phone ringing"

phone starts ringing.

my family believe is such things.

my grandmother had a old clock that never ran.

and then my grand father past away and clock starting working.

10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Vibe? What happens when the phone is not set to vibrate? The premonition of the ring of the phone vibrates in your ears? Or is it a lack of that "B" vitamin that reduces or eliminates that ringing in your ears?

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    True enough, but it's the principal of saying it more so then it actually working.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Well, I know for a fact that psychic ability and seeing into the future is real because I have experienced it myself. I have had numerous dreams about people and places I have never seen only to find myself in those places and with those people as much as 5 years later. So, the ability is real but it can not be turned on and off at will and I don't believe anybody can see into anyone's future but their own. Anyone who claims they can is a fraud and that includes 99% of psychics and mediums. Some may have had the same experiences as me but have chosen to make money off it by making false claims. I look at my experiences as proof that there is a master plan and a higher power. If there were no plan, how could I tap into it? Now, contacting the departed is a different thing and I have seen no evidence that it is possible. I don't 100% reject it though.

To flat out say that no one has psychic ability though is patently false.

13. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Free will is not non-existent but it is, in the end, an illusion.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The amount of dreams we have every night, then to find yourself in the same situation a massive 5 years later is nothing but coincidence, if that, more likely your brain added details from the real experience to the very faded memory of a 5 year old dream

I've dreamed about being in a tornado, luckily to prove my story I had told my gf back then about the dream, when we were picking the little'n up from school a small but very visible twister started up on the grass near where I was standing, went straight through me and the dog, and across into the school yard and away into the distance, big enough for everyone to point and shout at it

Was I psychic because I dreamt I was in a tornado the night before, and then was?

Nope, coincidence, or maybe subconsciously I noticed weird winds the day before that made me dream about it

If it was real, it would be used professionally all over the world

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Man...Miss Cleo should have been able to predict she'd (the company she worked for) be dinged for a cool $500 million..

[​IMG]

16. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    There was a UK "mystic" who used to do lottery predictions called Mystic Meg. Some of the crap she'd come out with was hilarious.

[​IMG]

Brian Conley used to do a piss take sketch based on her:

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6kCSsfp_Tk

Used to laugh my arse off watching him as a kid.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ^^ Septic Peg as we knew her :D

18. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Wrong, because it would have to be something you could turn on and off at will in order to be used "professionally". It also would have to be something that involved other events outside of your own life. I don't believe it works that way. The things I have seen were mostly very trivial events. I have dreamed of something happening in every job I have had before I ever worked there but have never dreamed about getting the job. My experiences in no way can be dismissed as coincidence. When you have a dream about being in a place you have never seen , having conversations with people you have never met and then years later you find yourself in that place, with those people and with the conversations being word for word, that is not coincidence. When you dream about your child being in an unconscious condition and a second child (who hasn't been born yet) at your side asking if his sister is going to be okay and then that happens 3 or 4 years later, that is not coincidence.

I would also say that yes, your experience with the tornado dream was a psychic event and once again, not coincidence.

The thing is that you have no idea at the time that a dream is a prophetic one until the events take place later. It's just another dream that doesn't make much sense like most of them. You later get a flash like "Wait, I have seen this before", and then you remember dreaming it. This, I believe, is the explanation for the phenomenon known as Deja Vu. These prophetic insights may only happen in one out of a thousand dreams or maybe even more.
    It has nothing to do with past lives which I do not believe in at all. I have sometimes written down dreams that seemed like they might be portents of the future but only a very few have turned out to be.

It seems that not everyone has the ability or if they do, don't realize it or dismiss it as "coincidence". I , however, know 100% that the phenomenon is real.

19. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol ok.... :banana:

Unfortunately things that you can turn on and off are called "Real", and things that happen randomly, ie dreams 5 years before the event are called "Coincidences"

20. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Maybe to you, but to most they would be called portents.