NVIDIA GeForce 344.11 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kens30, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jonesmalaco

jonesmalaco Guest

GPU:
    nVida GeForce GTX 760 2GB
    I posted about this on the last page. It's NOT the drivers that are causing this trouble. It's GeForce Experience. Try uninstalling ONLY GeForce Experience and it will be fine. It's somehow conflicting with games that have ENB/SweetFX, don't know the reason...

What amazes me is that these reports are scattered through all the topic, begging for a rep to address it, so please... :)

2. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    I thought DSR just adds a new "custom resolution", which you can then pick in any game, or alternatively select via Geforce Experience as if you were to select any other resolution or game setting.

also, if that's the case, maybe with per game profiles they cannot rely on the driver to add/remove resolutions fast enough to ensure any launched game would detect it properly / in time. (just a guess).

anyway I wish we could setup several global DSR resolutions, not just one at a time. same as we can manually add several custom resolutions.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  3. NHK

NHK Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6950 2GB
    I also experienced this very same issue as described, also using firefox.

It's infrequent, but experienced it at least 3-4 times this month.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well this ****ty driver caused bsod

Was @ sykpe video call then bam

This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x86EFB4)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF801878DAFB4, 0xFFFFD000355841C0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11 , NVIDIA Corporation).

Although I had 344.16 modded, not 344.11..

//Reinstalled 344.11 again and raised vccsa just in case for 0.05v+, but I know it use to be ok yesterday whole day..

5. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    uninstall GFE and reinstall an older version like GFE 2.1.1 or below, o simply don´t install GFE

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Grim Dawn runs fine, needed to reinstall game.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  7. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I was having Firefox freeze my PC with all drivers higher than 335.23. I put this one on too and sure enough, within 5 minutes browsing this forum - a total PC freeze. So instead of going back to 335.23, I uninstalled Firefox and am using Chrome now.
    It's been absolutely fine so far. Possibly an issue between the branch later than 335.23 and Firefox? I had unchecked hardware acceleration too but it still froze.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What a weird coincidence...I had my first driver crash followed by a full on kernel mode creash/blue screen of death (KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE) in 14 months while benchmarking my GTX 980 on the newly installed v344.16 beta drivers last night. Prior to that my system had been 100% stable. :3eyes:

[FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 20 Sep 2014 11:45:35 pm GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\092114-15171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT] (nt+0x153CA0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD00025AB6870, 0xFFFFD00025AB67C8, 0x0)
    Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE[/FONT]
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
    company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]On Sat 20 Sep 2014 11:45:35 pm GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]win32k.sys[/FONT] (win32k+0x17F9DB)
    Bugcheck code: 0x139 (0x3, 0xFFFFD00025AB6870, 0xFFFFD00025AB67C8, 0x0)
    Error: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE[/FONT]
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32k.sys
    product: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft® Windows® Operating System[/FONT]
    company: [FONT=Segoe UI, Arial]Microsoft Corporation[/FONT]
    description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
    Bug check description: The kernel has detected the corruption of a critical data structure.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
    [/FONT]

I half suspect that NVIDIA pushed out a quick fix for the compatibility issue without thorough testing and likely broke something else in the process. Needless to say I will be keeping a very close eye on my PC over the coming weeks as I test games on my new card. Hopefully, that issue was a one-off...

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    how do i install this modded driver

-nevermind-

10. CJLMTLCA

CJLMTLCA Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980 Ti

I disabled SLI in NCP and games work flawlessly!

Funny how i was just recently planning on downgrading my computer. Getting rid of 2nd bluray drive, killer nic, some other accessories and, removing 1 690. I just don't need all this GPU power like i planned on using it at the time of purchase. Wanted to mine coins, do more folding, video editing acceleration which is shot due to CUDA changes recently, transcoding and whatever else, so I was thinking of rolling with just 1 690 for one more generation, but, i might get 1 980 or wait for the next batch of releases (Ti, etc) and just roll with a single 4GB GPU.

I've been using multi-GPU since the Radeon 4870X2 and maybe it's time to go back to single-GPU for a while. Less headaches.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I saw your post once, I said hmm he has it too now, I never had such bsod before, even with that famous windows update bug, well I had one that was typical for this update.. Then removed them and didnt see it since.

Now I had those two too (same bug check codes, but only with ntoskernel.exe), but with 340.72.
    All this somehow started when I installed Asus usb3.0 boost ~ 1-2 weeks ago, every time either while listening to winamp + using logitech webcam mic or just during skype.. One time even during gaming + listening to music (webcam mic was active too).

Also since I updated to latest updates in September.

Not 100% sure, but Asus made a new bios that had something with native kernel.. And I updated to this bios ~1week ago as well..

these 3 were my primary suspects.. After that I checked even log and saw some stuff with AI suite - AShelper? missing << usb3.0 boost part, and some conflicts with DesktopActivityModeratorDriver - DUM?, uninstalled usb3.0 boost & in regedit removed this AShelper that pinpointed to missing service, repaired this DUM, rebuild WMI and rebuild indexing, also reinstalled Logitech webcam software and reinstalled XFI driver just in case (uninstalled in device manager and let it install again -rebooted), then all disappeared from logs.

And these bsods codes stopped too, until today with this specific nvidia bug while on desktop using skype..

Did you upate your mobo bios recently as well? I see it now has this special option by c-states (auto disabled), which means its using native - something about native kernel.
    http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi...updates-msr-unlocked-boots-native-kernel.html

This mine atm 0x3b can also be system ram depended, that's why I also raised that cpu system agent VCCSA a bit, I have my system ram OC'ed to 2400mhz, but funny thing is, it was ok yesterday while playing AVP2010, while 2 days earlier it happened there too ntsokernel.exe 0x139 bsod.. Not nvidia or anything.. Now nvidia specific and in idle. But yeah I had 344.16, will see now with 344.11.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've noticed an interesting 'glitch' to do with the new GTX 970/980 not supporting CSAA any more (the only AA options in the control panel are 2x, 4x and 8x for MSAA). Basically, some old Codemasters' games such as DiRT 2, DiRT 3 and (the terrible) DiRT Showroom still have 8xQCSAA in their graphics options. If you select that on the GTX 980 then the next you load the game up you will get a black screen because CSAA is not supported. That obviously needs fixing in a future update so the 8xQCSAA does not show in those games' Graphics menus.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well I didnt see it yet now with 334.11 and I was @ skype web cam chatting before and listening to music like usually..

Guess 344.16 really isn't meant for older gpus, probably not so ideal for Maxwell either if you Darren got it, although not this specific nvidia .sys file.

Im gonna lower vccsa back to what I had before just in case to really eliminate voltage issue.

14. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    so.. I went from the 337.50 to these and I hate them. For some reason games have gone from nice and crisp to hazy. Almost like some form of FXAA is turned on.. but it doesn't seem to be. It is pretty annoying.

15. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090

do you still have the gtx 670 like your profile says, or you have the new gtx900 series, if so then maybe you have DSR enabled and your games are going downsampled automatically, so that´s why your games look a little blurry.

16. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Yeah, they ditched CSAA support for Maxwell chips. I should know, because I own a 1st gen Maxwell card.

Strangely enough, the only game that somehow has CSAA for me is Arkham Asylum (with 8xQ), and I can still select it and play just fine. Guess 8xQ by NVIDIA's definition works the same as normal 8x MSAA. All other CSAA-supported games like Arkham City, Black Ops II etc... don't show CSAA in the options though.

Then there was also this one time when NVCP showed 8xS AA instead of 8x, which according to some people, isn't an effective AA method because it breaks lighting. I wonder if that was the reason why my GTX 750 Ti has ****ed up texture rendering :bang:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  17. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    I am switching back to 344.11, too many people are having issues, even though I do have a 1st gen Maxwell card.

18. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
  19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    BIOS v2103? I updated to that on Saturday morning as well. Could that be the reason for the blue screen crash? I don't think I have the USB 3.0 boost software installed anymore as I uninstalled the whole Ai Suite 3 months ago after problems with it (weird errors in the Event log and the whole thing with the auto-overclocking thing from June 2013, etc).

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If I leave Firefox open in the background while playing Diablo 3, I will almost certainly get a TDR during the session. Just now I had two within 4 seconds of each other.

I've tried both Firefox 32 & 33 and Geforce drivers 337.88, 340.52(72), and this one. This always happens.