Rome 2: Total War?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 25, 2012.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    SLI works perfectly.

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I had no extra FPS from SLI last time I tried, after Patch 14 I think it was. And negative scaling in Watch Dogs. I've since done away with SLI completely as none of the games I play seem to benefit from it.

3. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Ok well we know one thing for sure, what they released today Emperor Edition is actually what resembles a released game and pretty much what should have been released in the first place, but they wanted that cash ASAP....

STILL horribly optimized, the game literally uses 1 single core for ****s sake, this **** should be illegal in 2014

anyway here's my 2 videos.... first vid watch the Framerate drop to below 10 at the 2:40 mark.... this is on the MIDDLE settings (high)
    and the second video clearly shows the CPU usage soon as I go back to desktop, look at my first core completely maxed out while the others were idle the whole time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m-DoDe6WPg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75kNd5Gqowg

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Perf drops as soon you select "something" with glare effect, like you did. Theres a mod which removes the effect so you wont have that drops anymore. But yes, in the 1st place this doesnt have to happen. And i dont have problems with idling cores,...it also looks liek your cores a parked, mostly the most time!? Is this correct?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    this patch is excellent. Was surprised at how smooth and better it looks now. love it.

6. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    No it doesn't have anything to do with any "glare" effect, or any of the special effects you're thinking of, and yes I know the mod you're talking about.... Long story short, it's the Warscape engine they use, they finally got it to utilize multi core CPU's some what properly (if you call 2 core usage proper in an age of 4-6 core CPU's) in Shogun 2, but they almost completely broke it for Rome 2 somehow...
    makes no sense, they had a working product and they went and ****ed it up, and some idiots love to point out talking about "oh but ROOOOOOOOOOOME is more graphically intensive, etc, extra textures, blah blah" well, firstly, no proof of that whatsoever officially, but you can just go ahead and use your own eyes and wonder how come it looks like **** compared to Shogun 2, no AA, and textures don't look good nevermind the pop in

And no my cores aren't parked, the more knowledgeable people on the Total War forums know the reason for the whole mess is the Warscape engine.... and specifically as far as framerates dropping like crazy when selecting armies or agents, is because of the computations the CPU is working like crazy for some reason....

I've been on the Rome official forums since before the game got released almost daily, there's guys who are ok playing it on their laptops.... but then there's guys who see it for what it really is

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The rest you say maybe true, but still how come when glare effect issnt active = no drops? Thats what im saying and seeing, so...

8. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    no it's not the special effects, the problem is like I wrote in the post above, when you select an army or even city sometimes.... the CPU starts doing computations up the a$$ in regards to that selection, things like where your general can go, etc..... this was talked about numerous occasions over on the official forums even by some members who are computer programmers

anyway if you want a more detailed explanation sorry I couldn't give to you, but you can check out the official Total War forum, they have threads there that explain everything

and the FPS drops happen other times as well maybe it doesn't show in the video, but when I'm scanning over the map as well other times too.... it's kind of like the CPU is always trying to catch up to what you're doing and it never really does

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    +1 (you'd get rep if on twcenter) :)

the off forum is a joke.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's good news but it has taken them, what, 20 or so patches to finally fix this game?

Also, nice to get the Emperor Edition upgrade for free. I also noticed that I had Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall Director's Cut added to my Steam library for free as well this morning and double the size of the original game too (6.5 GB vs. 3.5 GB).

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Coolio I can buy this game soon :D