AMD Catalyst 14.x BETA (14.300.1005.0 August 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    So i found out what was causing my random clock jumping with these.

Seems as soon as i alter any of my 2d idle core/mem/voltage clocks from there defaults (which ive had to do with most driver sets to reduce 2d desktop flicking) i get 2d-3d clock jumping in firefox when scrolling (even with all h/w accel setting & windows 7 theme/DWM services disabled)

I'll leave them in for a while and live with the 2d flicking because these don't have the random 15-20fps drops i see in SaintRow IV running under 13.12
    but once im finished with SR IV looks like another roll back to 13.12 is in order.

2. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF

I had exact same thing. After Windows 8.1 x64 September updates I started to get hard locks/blank screens. I uninstalled all september windows updates and now I can play BF4 again. I don't what update cause this...
    '
    EDIT: Just got another blank screen with BF4, maybe it is this driver after all. ..going back to 14.7RC3

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  3. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    Can this driver or another cause system reboot while a 3DMark11 / Vantage benchmark ??

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea, could do, more likely to be an unstable OC though

5. Seth-01

Seth-01 Member Guru

GPU:
    VTX3D R9 290 947/1250
    GFX card is at stock. but when i clock the RAM to 1866 instead of 2133 if works fine. At 2133 my PC works fine for 2 years :wanker:

6. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Still no new official drivers for desktop GPU's (only for 285x)? The 14.7 RC3 are pretty old and buggy for some dx9 games. The old plan for releasing drivers for every month was better..

7. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    ???

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=392402

8. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Well I was skeptical after being forced to check'em by the splash screen of the installer, but this driver is great in benchmarks. So far in heaven I went from 53 on 14.6, to 55 on 14.8, to 55.6 on this 14.xx beta aug 27th driver.

Did anyone else have the installing catalyst get stuck for a good 5 minutes? Not sure why it took so long to install the control panel.

9. Skyy

Skyy Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070 DUAL
    These drivers are far the best I've ever used on my 7970 so far! After eliminating the CPU spike I had every 30 seconds in BF4 I played a full 1200 ticket round Zavod without the framerate dropping from 60 even once :D

I'm not sure if the drivers helped with the lag-spike but after monitoring my Task Manager I noticed that everytime a spike occurred, PnkBstrA.exe was jumping to 30% CPU usage for a moment. I went ahead and set the affinity of the process to only core 3 and assigned it the lowest priority.

Second, I read some cases of the Visual C++ 2012 Runtime affecting BF4 and I did have multiple versions of it installed for x86 and x64. I went ahead and uninstalled every single instance of the 2012 runtime and only installed version 11.0.61.030.0, both x86 and x64 and no more lag spikes then. So if you are affected give this a try :)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  10. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I manage to get my system work after all. I Cleaned/re-installed the driver and C++ 2012 Runtime, punkbuster, BF4 and all windows 8.1 september updates. Now system works rock solid and performance is great! I'm not sure thou what was it that caused blank screens and hard locks...

11. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Got a grey screen crash after about 200+ hours played if that means anything

12. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Member

GPU:
    r9 290 Tri-x OC Crossfire
    for some reason, the usb 3.0 keeps failing to install:

AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver
    Final Status: Fail
    Version of Item: 1.1.0.0153
    Size: 1 Mbytes

What do I do about this? I have been getting BSODs.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    You have an intel mobo, why would you expect AMD USB drivers to install?

14. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    This. AMD have a habit of including drivers other than just the GPU drivers and CCC in their catalyst suite package. Always do a custom install and see what is there. Only select what is needed/required.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    technically, you shouldnt need to do a custom install.

Anything not applicable shouldn't install.

16. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    It doesn't.

The only "problem" is that it shows up as "failed".

17. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thank god I am not the only one with this. Thought my GPU was to blame.

Uninstalled this driver in safe mode with DDU and installed the 14.8 WHQL drivers. Shadow bug is now gone.

With 14.x august 27th I was also getting crashes to desktop and then my browser would open to a warframe page saying "hardware issue detected" which does say to not overclock with a smiley face but to also not use beta or leaked drivers.

Seen as 14.8 has the WHQL stamp I am using those as they are the latest I can find that fixes crashes and the shadow bug in Warframe.

19. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

20. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    This driver is the best BF4 experience I have ever had. It's incredibly smooth now even on maps where the GPU gets low load (Parcel storm, Hainan resort, ETC).