Paranormal Movies / Documentaries

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    With such a great response to the Horror Films thread (Thanks!) I also enjoy ghosty stuff, Ghost Adventures, The Haunting of, Dead Files, Paranormal Activity, Original Poltergeist etc

Seen a load of them already, and feeling like I'm running out of paranormal stuff to watch so would be great for some more ideas :)

(GA Just starting on 'Really' in UK atm if you haven't seen it before)

2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Ghost Adventures in a nutshell.

"DUDE! DUDE! BRO! NO BRO! BRO IM SO COLD RIGHT NAO!

"BRO, BRO IM FREAKING OUT"

"BRO THERE IS SOMETHING NEAR ME"

"BRO, BRO, JUST BRO"

all jokes aside they have some good episodes.

but.... BRO.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I remember watching an episode of Most Haunted awhile back that was local to me. They covered the Castle Keep in Newcastle (Upon Tyne) and started freaking out like crazy over a 'noise' that they couldn't explain. The noise of course clearly being a passing train, as there's tracks right outside. It was absolutely hilarious.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

lol very true, but out of all the ghost hunting tv shows, it's by far the best

I don't believe a word of any of them mind, but they are entertaining all the same, and those 3 are pretty funny when they mess about

My home town ;)

Most Haunted is a joke lol, they've even started releasing new episodes again, same sh1t, older people

I remember when they caught Derek out by faking a ghosts name using an anagram of Derek Lies or something, and suddenly he became possessed by it :D lol

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Entity 1981 apparently very true story that no-one has been able to debunk.

6. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    I enjoyed "The Conjuring".

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Both great films

8. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    Even though this movie is not really a "Ghost/Paranormal" movie I thought the "The Fourth Kind" was scary as heck and very well made.

So I say this movie definitely fits the spooky, scary and documentary like movie ;)

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Hmm I've got vague memories of that, thanks I`ll definitely check it out too :)

10. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I remember when they only had a handful of ghost shows out and would only really air them around Halloween. They must of realized the ad revenue was too good to pass up, along with the low budget quality of making each episode.

I used to somewhat take Ghost Hunters seriously when I was younger and stupid. But now it's pretty easy to see what's up- it's all easily setup using very common false positive methods. Or even just taking ordinary everyday things and claiming a ghost did it: "DUDE! Look, my sd card is corrupted! It was fine, now it's not. NUTS! And also dude, my battery is almost dead!" That, and then whenever they ask the ghost to manipulate something, but do so in a way that would rely on the ghost having perfect knowledge of whatever device they're using. Like all ghosts understanding how a ****ing emf reader works to the point of controlling its readings.

But I still watch some of them just for the entertainment value.
    Check this one out though:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dead_Files
    http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/the-dead-files

That women has the weirdest facial expressions.

Every episode: Family has ghost issues.

"Detective" interviews them: "Any history of mental illness in your family? Taking sleeping pills? No? Ok."

Amy, the medium, walks through the house. "Ohh, man, this thing IS pissed. He REALLY doesn't want the living being here. I get the feeling, :frown: that it has existed for over a thousand years. It might be from another dimension. It likes to extend its dong and its neck to freak people out. And there's other person in the corner, a older women, and she died at some point. I think it was, her uh, brain. :bugeye:"

Amy has some sketch artist draw some spooky deviant art ****. "Is this what you saw?" "Yes"

They sit down with the family. Tell them that their 2 bedroom house built in the 60s is in fact a spiritual war zone. They show the deviant art drawing, the detective goes "What the **** is that?". Amy recommends they contact their all-in-one local shaman, witch doctor, voodoo priestess (cause this is something you find in the yellow pages).

End. Text tells that family is still having stretches on their ass cheeks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Doesn't he have some kind of lung issue/disease?

The ghost shows are just ok but ghost hunters in general really need to work past the devices they use to collect what is not evidence. It's why the paranormal sciences has not moved anywhere whatsoever and is still a joke more or less.

I did enjoy Thomas Fusco's book, Behind the Cosmic Veil as at least it offers more scientific, plausible theories about the paranormal from a scientific perspective based on theoretical physics and an interesting insight about some historic works of religion as well. If you're big into theoretical physics, it's a good read and refreshing outlook compared to the magical crap theories that seems so prevalent about paranormal.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03z05nr

if you can watch the documentary above it gives an insight into how people can be obsessed with paranormal also there's part's which made lmao.

When I was younger I was s fascinated with Arthur c clarks mysterious world which covered ghosts, ufos, lock ness moster to raining frogs, its old but worth a search.

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I also liked "In Search Of" hosted by lemoy or whatever the hell his name is, good show even to this day. Always been a big fan of the paranormal, however despite it I'm very much a skeptic. i listen to the anything ghost show podcast often but consider it as entertainment only since theres no way to verify anything.

14. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Funny that.

Maybe it's because there's no such f*cking thing, hence why the shows that exploit the gullible are running out of ideas and hence no more new shows.

Then again, maybe that particular part of the internet was built upon an ancient Indian burial site, or some other equally sh1t mystic crap.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  15. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    i recomend all the REC movies, they are from spain, these are really good, and the 4th one is comming out this year too. IF you dont want the same ol americanized zombie plots.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I think it's more than obvious that paranormal things do in fact happen that science has no way of really explaining, especially if you experience it for yourself as I have but of course it doesn't mean that ghosts are dead humans or multi dimensional beings or even self aware but humanoid like forms, shapes and sounds without a source do appear to be a reality to any person or animal within the vicinity, so it's real as far as our perception of reality goes.

The most unexplainable one for me was a radio powering up without any power source, so there does exist some type of energy, perhaps natural that has the capability of doing such a thing, if nothing else it is a curiosity that should be taken more seriously in the scientific community simply because it could answer many long thought problems in theoretical physics and our understanding of how the universe works.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  17. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    +1 HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

The US remakes are ok but nothing compares to the original Spanish versions.