AMD Catalyst 14.x BETA (14.300.1005.0 August 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    This driver causes corrupt shadows in Warframe.

2. Anonizer

Anonizer Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9-270X
    Will tryout 14.8 WHQL since this beta causes RO2 (DX9) texture corruption.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The 14.8 WHQL technically isn't a WHQL. It is only WHQL for certain GPU's, and once it became edited to support all GPU's it lost it's WHQL (it's basically just a 'certification'). On other GPU's it may or may not work as intended.

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    next driver better have dead rising 3 negative scailing fixed in the next release or i will KILL SOMEONE lol

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I've seen no such thing here on my 7660G + 7670M laptop. Using DX11.

Care to post a screenshot?

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    The 14.8 is is a FULL WHQL, and is unaltered

It supports all GPUs out of the box

This is the 14.x beta driver which has been altered to support all GPU instead of just R9-285

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  7. NeonFlak

NeonFlak New Member

GPU:
    6gb Crucial
    Just wanted to say, these drivers have been amazing for me. No issues with DX9 games, including State of Decay for me (****ing yes!!). Best performance I've had so far in BF4 and Warframe. Have been great all around so far.

8. bihariel

bihariel Guest

GPU:
    bihariel
  9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Indeed, it's weird, considering they were made for (targeted) at R9 285 and modified by asder00 (excellent work) improved performance and higher stability in Titanfall.

To bad I need another 2GB (4GB) of video memory to run it on all high with insane textures and 8x EQAA.

10. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    So do you need to boot into safe mode then run it or just run it and it will do everything?

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You can just run it in normal mode and it will ask if you want it to boot you into safemode (Recommended), hit yes and it will do so

12. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    Seems good but i get a lot of AMD drivers crashed and kick me out of Pay Day 2. Not sure why. I got my OC in AMD drivers to 910 mhz.

13. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    My Pay Day 2 keeps crashing, freezes and shows AMD drivers failed and corrected themselves.

>>>????

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Wonderful; two hardlocks in a row when trying to wake the screen up... This issue is super annoying. Guess I'll just go back to leaving the screen on.

15. David Ryder

David Ryder Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 ti SC ACX2
    There has been a major Warframe update since I switched back to 14.4.
    I'll give it another try and will post a screenshot if shadows are messed up again.

16. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    That god damn memory leak in BF4 sure is annoying me.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Not a great workaround, but you could set the screensaver to blank screen instead

18. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I wouldn't even touch that game with fireproof gloves! :bang:

19. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    When the next BF4 patch will hit the changelist will be huge, CTE is miles above what the current BF4 is. Performance with Mantle in BF4 is great, with some minor stuttering from time to time but that seems to be a game issue, related to that file that some have mentioned.

Besides the lock-up with ULPS on, I have found another issue: in Dungeon Siege 3 (Crossfire off via profile) there is intermittent frame corruption. Once every 5-10-15 minutes one frame is corrupt, it has some randomly colored tiled squares pattern all over the screen. This did not happen with the 14.200 drivers (Cat 14.8).

20. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    That was a Windows Update issue in my case. I think I had to uninstall KB2993651 something before that would go away. A few of the new Windows updates were causing serious problems with hard locks/blank screens for me. The latest set of patches seems to have resolved it though.

I have a problem with CCC closing on it's own with that annoying 'Host Application Has Stopped Working' error. I'm going to try and repair CCC.

These drivers have been amazing otherwise thus far.. performance in BF4 on my ancient 5850s has been glorious.