GeForce 340.52 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jul 29, 2014.

1. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    c´mon saying the truth... no have one game in 2014 using physx... hawken is beta yet... metro redux is just a remake... physx is almost officially dead...

as i say before... i always buy nvidia since 3dfx... but now i admit... amd give a better support today... thief... bf4... sniper elite 3... dead rising 3... watch dogs... runs very better in amd... even grid autosport today runs very better in amd cards... bugs and great problems with amd drivers is past... today nvidia have same or worse...

i´m gamer... i don´t see how nvidia in movie industry make anything better to me... say to go live our lifes not solve the problem

2. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    PhysX is a full fledged physics SDK and far from dead and almost every next-gen game is using it or parts of it(APEX modules etc).

You mean there aren't many GPU accelerated physx titles.

3. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    sure... you understand what i say

4. Lucifer

Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2060S
    Funny thing is, almost all games that you mention are running great on my rig (bar dr3, thief; & wd 'coz I don't have them). Still using 337.50 though, for me all the 340.xx have been ... so-so compare to 337.50

5. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sheesh, let's calm down a bit and have less of the ranting, eh? ;)

I have used AMD cards before but mostly I buy NVIDIA cards for the reasons I stated above. However, as I also stated there are actually fewer reasons for me to own NVIDIA cards these days...poor PhysX support, no working DX11 AA flags and so on. 3D Vision and G-Sync have never interested me (I cannot see the former properly and the latter is not supported on non-TN panels I believe) nor has SHIELD. I owe no allegiances to NVIDIA and with their lethargic driver support for new games of late and the fact that the new consoles all use AMD GPUs then I can once again consider AMD for my next card purchase provided they offer good performance for the price.

Why does it bother you so much if I did go AMD? Anyway, I am glad you found my post amusing. Likewise, I found your "rant" equally chucklesome. :p

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Software PhysX is supported on consoles with AMD GPUS...likewise the PC so there is no requirement to have an NVIDIA card for that.

And of the hardware accelerated PhysX games, most have had extremely erratic framerates with it enabled on its highest settings in my experience (Batman Arkham for example), even when using SLI, and even then those games have been few and far between. Hardware supported PhysX is definitely NOT an industry standard, it is something NVIDIA drag out of the closet every now and again as a showcase for their cards. I certainly would not miss it switching to an AMD card as it is almost irrelevant these days. In fact, I didn't when I had my HD 5870 CFX setup.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i feel the same way about consoles the way you do about PhysX.
    they're totally irrelevant.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sure, they are! ;)

They are the only place you can play their exclusives and the PC is very weak in the area of sports games too...no MLB: The Show, Madden NFL or NHL games for example.

Sure, the PC is a better overall gaming platform and offers far more flexibility and productivity options than consoles but the consoles are still very much an essential part of my gaming experience, more so than the PC if I'm completely honest. Mind you, I do own a PS4, Xbox One, Wii U and PS Vita so I obviously play games on those more in total than I do PC. :p

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Tried to hold back aaaand failed! :D

[​IMG]

11. .Star.

.Star. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI Boost 2xSLI
    Back on topic, it's talking Nvidia an awful lot of time to release the next beta, I'm sic of how watch dogs is running and i'm not even willing to test DR3 with all this bull**** surrounding it already.

Nvidia...please fix the damn drivers and update ur SLI profiles in order for us to enjoy these games if possible. Thx.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    wd runs good with icafe drivers.

13. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
  14. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
  15. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    What games do you play with that 6600?

16. RdJokr

RdJokr Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 750 Ti TF / 2GB
    Uhm, let's see... Batman, BioShock, Borderlands, COD, Dishonored, GTA, L4D2,... The list goes on and on.

I get what you're trying to say though. My framerates aren't fantastic, but surprisingly it still holds up pretty good, what with the CPU having been OC'd and all.

17. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    As far as DR3 and these drivers go, seems to be fine here. I'm still locked at 30fps mind you because I'm not too picky about it, but no crashes at all. And with the patch recently pushed by CAPCOM I can finally play in my native res. :)

18. .Star.

.Star. Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI Boost 2xSLI
    sli?

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes indeed.

20. .Star.

.Star. Guest