AMD Catalyst 14.x BETA (14.300.1005.0 August 27)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 3, 2014.

Tags:
  1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Don't install the ACP or USB filter driver.

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Why would the USB filter driver affect screen suspend?

Anyway, still having the screen wake bug with these drivers on Windows... Happened on 3 different motherboards, and even happens on a different 7850 card. I think it's safe to rule out hardware.

Also, the only DX9 game I played so far (osu!) showed no corruption or anything. Not sure what that outstanding DX9 game issue was, but I still have yet to see it.

3. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Because I had the same thing, and I worked out it was the USB filter driver. It stuffs up Intel USB, and as a result the USB keyboard and mouse don't work. So, it's not that the monitor doesn't wake up, it's that the input from the USB keyboard and USB mouse doesn't work so it can't.

4. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    same problem here , im going to try the fix sugested, to uninstall the usb filter drivers( i didn even noticed that was a part of the package :S)

for now i just disabled the sleep function as the drivers seems to work great with everything else.

5. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    what you are saying makes some sense but even if i try to shut off the pc in the power on button it wont react , il still try to apply that fix and report later.

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I didn't install the, I deleted the install packages before installing the drivers.

Anyway, as I said, I fixed by leaving the monitor always on. Not a big deal for me.

7. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Ah; hmm, I guess that's only one cause of the wake bug then. I have a PS/2 keyboard which didn't wake my monitor.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Ah ok :). Have you also tried uninstalling the ACP application? Unless your video card has Trueaudio that shouldn't be installed either. You don't need to uninstall and reinstall, just run the Add/Remove Catalyst and manually select those two components. That said, there could be other issues as well, just my issues went away when I uninstalled those two things. They only show in the modified driver, originally I downloaded the unmodified driver and neither of those items were listed (of course, neither was the driver, but the other components were listed).

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  9. slizersam

slizersam Active Member

GPU:
    Vega64
    what driver is currently not affected by the mantle memoryleak in bf4?

10. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    None. It is a BF4 coding issue introduced in the 8th July patch. Need wait till Dice fix it.

Run DX11. Or you can run mantle with one card.

11. slizersam

slizersam Active Member

GPU:
    Vega64
    thank you

12. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    why AMD is still holding the release of the new drivers? do you think guys there is something hold them up?

just curious, as many said they should have released by now ...

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    From what I remember, there is no AMD Driver release schedule any more, they stopped with the monthly updates ages ago and said they would release as and when there were significant changes and when they were ready, so I don't know why people think they are late

14. testooo

testooo Guest

GPU:
    HD5650 / OC
    ok ... I am waiting for the final release of 14.7 rc3, as I am not fully happy with 14.4 and 13.12 is a bit old drive now. especially in my case I've got HD 5650 mobility. and not all the modded drivers go well when I play bf4.

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Had these in for a day or 2 to test out.....

zero issues with all the games i tested which inc many dx9 titles that id had poly corruption in when running other 14.x (rc's and beta's) driver releases

But yet again ive had to return to 13.12.....this time because when i ran firefox even with all H/W accel off (inc all the stuff in about:config) i was getting 3d clock ramping when just scrolling pages!

I even turned off the windows DMW/aero service and its was still clock shifting,even after i did another 2 DDU safe mode wipes/driver reinstalls + resetting all my MSI AB profiles to default it still wouldn't stop shifting clocks in firefox on scrolling,even just basic pages of txt would trigger it causing a bounce between 300-501-1025.....

Returning to 13.12 same settings in windows/ff/AB and i have zero gpu clock spiking....bizarre...anyone else seeing this?

16. Bulldog

Bulldog Guest

GPU:
    HD Radeon 5000\GTX 1060
    The 14.8 WHQL is great driver for me on another 5000m card, give it a whirl.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  17. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    That is interesting bulldog. You are saying your card works on your Envy 15 in dynamic mode with 14.8?

We have a user over on leshcatlabs who gets a boot loop with his Envy 14 5650.

18. Hyper

Hyper Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X dc2 Top
    No major problems with this driver.
    I had once a crash playing insurgency and computer was completely frozen and had to reboot and twice (once with insurgency and once with cs go, but they both use the same engine so hey...) monitor went black, pc didn't freeze and image came back shortly after (looked like a driver failure/recovery to me).
    Oddly enough the crashes happened during the first 24 hours after driver installation, after that, no problem on anything yet.

I dont have a bsod with flash using FF with HW ON with these but i did notice some rather odd occurring: i keep my card slightly overclocked with MSI AB (core at 1125, nothing major) now if i overclock, or underclock the memory (standard is 1600) to whatever non-standard value (even 1575 or so) and then i open this particular video i stumbled upon "watch?v=YeQCz8alYMg" my whole screen becomes a mess of colored pixels without a discernible resemblance of any sort, if then i press alt+f4 thus closing firefox and the video togerther with it, screen goes back to normal instantly.
    It only happens if memory are on a non-standard frequency so i don't find it too annoying.

19. Aaron123

Aaron123 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070
    So far these drivers are good. Battlefield 4 running smoothly and better than 13.30 betas. Will stay on these for awhile.

20. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    WOW!!! Been asking around on few places no one can help me out and you saved my time, trueaudio is working for me now!!!!

However I don't know why even I used DDU to do a clean install the ACP couldn't start automatically due to error and I need manually reinstall the ACP driver under the AMD folder myself and reenable the service in order to use TrueAudio.

Anyway short test with this driver for me the FPS doesn't increase in Thief but it runs kind of smoother than before might be placebo effect. For borderlands 2 after a very short run less than 5 mins it seems the stutter is fixed quite a lot will test a bit longer and see how.

Thanks for the driver !!!!!!