Batman Arkham Knight Graphics

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by idrr, Sep 6, 2014.

1. idrr

idrr Guest

GPU:
    g.skill 32gb
    hi guys i'm new here and i'am glade i'am finally join this great forum

everyone know batman arkham knight graphics will be super great but i think the same but less
    you know the demo that shown in e3 was in pc build
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvjuzdHnsI
    the graphics wasn't great to me because if we do a comparison between the gameplay and those photos there are a huge deference

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

those pics are amazing from gamescom 2014 so why this deference or the graphic will be just like the e3 video if that's right it will be shame for me
    i know it will be released in 2015 so there are a lot of work and that's not the final product but for a game developed from 2011 to 2015 its shame to me

so i'am wrong here or right
    share your opinions about the graphics in the game and what do you think about it good or not

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    What platform are the above screens taken from?

What resolution.

What Graphic setting low - "Ultra"

If theres one thing that the Batman games have done thus far, its not piss about with showing one thing and then delivering another. Atleast visually.

If that does happen this time around, well then save it for the bargain bin. Dont pre-order and always brush your teeth before bed.

Good night.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I know I'm the only person thinking this... but, I'm not all excited about the Batmobile.

It being added to the mix is probably something In care nothing about.
    I love Batman, but... I like the combat/stealth and investigating. At no point playing the previous three games did I ever want to drive around.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Screens are PS4

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I wouldn't worry about how the game is going to look, on PC at least..

Like CDPR, Rocksteady is a developer well known for tapping into the PC platform's advanced capabilities to deliver graphics and performance beyond what the consoles are capable of doing..

Batman Arkham Knight is using a juiced up version of the Unreal Engine 3, which at first thought maybe worrisome because it's not exactly a new engine. But no developer really ever fully utilized UE3 because the last gen consoles always prevented them from doing so..

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I wish they would just do a hard upgrade cut, not this slow mixing and pimping u3e every time there is a new gpu gfx..

Shame that this batman didnt make it to u4e. They already postponed it to 2015, might was well upgrade to u4e.. from what i saw its 10x easier to play with then u3e.

Or were they worried we might not have powerful enough gpus?

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It looks like PC to me, they are clearly downsampled pictures.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    And no doubt this will be another game that has a completely over the top vram requirement in comparison to whats being displayed on screen. *looks at Dead Rising 3*.

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I thinking same, thoses pictures are clearly downsampled, as for be PC or PS4 .. i dont know ... they could have been photoshopped, downsampled even from taked pictures .

but one thing, even downsampled, i clearly doubt the PS4 could use an AA so good .

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Screenshots are most likely from the PC build. I'm not worried at all about the visuals at this point and there is a high chance the game is part of Nvidia's Gameworks program which means Physx could once again be given an opportunity to shine.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've pre-ordered this game for the PS4, as I have many other multiformat releases that are also coming out on PC. After Watch_Dogs and Dead Rising 3 on PC, I'm getting more than a bit fed up of broken PC games that I have to wait weeks/months to be able to play properly. Remember Batman: Arkham City on PC with its completely broken DX11 mode...that was a game endorsed by NVIDIA as well!!! :O

I have no faith in major PC releases any more; seems too many publishers have a release now, patch later attitude. I have now stopped pre-ordering all PC games.

12. idrr

idrr Guest

GPU:
    g.skill 32gb
    guys i think mostly those are from a pc build but if you see the video it was also on a pc build and it was less and less quality if we compare it to the photos
    and even if they are down sampled it can't be that great from original
    the pics are 200% better than gameplay video this is the point why

if the final product will be like the graphics in the pics then its ok but less i will not play it until a mod for graphics release

about the batmobil i wasn't impressed too it will be great if they add an Cockpit
    view

13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I don't get this attitude. How on earth will the PS4 version provide a better experience than your system even if the PC version is "broken".

The DX11 path in Batman Arkham City was indeed a joke (still is to this day) but it was considerably better than the measle 720p/30fps of the 360/PS3 skus in my case.
    The same thing applies for the new consoles, Watch_Dogs in spite of all its issues is still better on PC, the problem is that you need to have a more powerful hardware than you should.
    I can't begin to imagine what it would take for a PC version to be worse than what a console offers in the case of someone well equipped.

If your PC starts to show its age there is nothing wrong with chosing to play on consoles. PC=superior does not apply everywhere, anywhere.

The footage released had relatively poor IQ, it's only logical the supersampled shots look better. That being said I don't see a disparity in terms of assets/effects.
    It's of course possible they "nerf" the visuals in some way we can't foresee yet but I will be shocked if the game is not a very impressive piece of work come release.

Notwithstanding I'm not expecting drastic differences between platforms. PC will most likely have HBAO+ and GPU Physx effects and that's all. It's unreasonable to expect developpers to spend too much on the least selling platform. They have nothing against the PC per se, it's just economics.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, say what!

1). "How on earth will the PS4 version provide a better experience than your system even if the PC version is 'broken' ". "How on earth will the PS4 version provide a better experience than your system even if the PC version is 'broken' ". even if the PC version is 'broken' "

The rest of your points are... and im not fan of using these terms.. but just plain and blind PC master race fanboi-ish.

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    "Broken" is a term too liberally used to describe any PC version suffering from various issues. I stand by my word, even in this case on the right specs the experience will be better than what consoles offer.

Feel free to disagree but you could at least offer some counter-arguments instead of simply dismissing everything I've said. My PC bias isn't exactly a secret, is it ? I'm 100% comfortable with that.
    I like to believe I'm not completely delusionnal about PC related things though, and if you search a bit in my post history it will be apparent that I do not regard the PC platform as irrefutably superior.

Just a recent example :
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4907380&postcount=46

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I agree with Kezen. Despite the technical issues, multiplatform games are still much better on PC than on consoles.

The real lesson with PC gaming is that pre-ordering is inadvisable, but it really depends on the developers. Batman Arkham City was Rocksteady's first attempt at DX11 and yeah, they bombed it. But eventually those issues were ironed out and the PC version is still decidedly the definitive edition due to extras like 3D Vision, PhysX, higher quality assets etcetera...

I expect their second attempt to have much less issues, similar to how Batman Arkham Origins ran much better performance wise out of the gate and that was DX11 only..

17. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I will go even further regarding Arkham City : I'd gladly take an unoptimized DX11 path than no DX11 period. It may have run like **** at release but powerful hardware was able to brute force it.
    Batman Arkham Origins had a DX10 renderer as well but it's true that DX11 ran really well.

I have no doubt Arkham Knight will be demanding but it won't be without reasons.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Can't really compare high res screenshots with some horribly compressed youtube video.

19. idrr

idrr Guest

GPU:
    g.skill 32gb
    no even if you watch it in e3 directly you will see that the screenshots are much much better

20. idrr

idrr Guest

GPU:
    g.skill 32gb
    yes i think it will be demanding to but worth it