Dead Rising 3 PC?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So not only did it run terribly on x1, but its also a terrible PC port.

To me, it just seems like the developers behind this game shouldnt be developing games at all. If they cant get a game to run smoothly on even a static platform (for lack of a better term), regardless if the X1 is underpowered, then there was no way they were ever going to get the pc version to work as one would expect.

Usually a multiplatform game runs favorably on atleast one platform. In this case, not even bruteforce PC hardware can get this game working. Not only that, but going by the visuals, this is another game that should not require sli to run, this looks no better than Dead Island (bar thirdperson). Atleast WatchDogs runs fine on the consoles and thats a much larger game.

2. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    There might be a patch or two , and hopefully a driver. But still , don't know how much they can do to fix it. Maybe problem is within their engine that's poorly coded or something. It ran @720p and 20-30fps on X1 , so PC performance doesn't really surprise me that much (although i consider it worst PC port i ever saw). Could be that game ran like **** because its made like that, not because X1 was too weak. And its nonsense to think PC with 6 core Intel and Titan isn't enough for what's being shown on the screen.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Watchdogs is worse compared to this. Main issue for DR3 is performance, needs optimization.

4. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    Well , its pretty hard to choose between the two , and it doesn't really mean WD was any better of a port , its just i hate this one a little bit more. Could be me and only me :D

5. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    At least DR3 is fun. WD was a massive disappointment for me.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Exactly.

Nothing to do with hardware on consoles or PC, just poor programming from start to finish. Capcom needs to sort its developers out. If they cant even make a game for the consoles at 720p with sub par visual that look no different to what could of been achieved on the PS360, why even bother with a pc version.

People have been complaining about the crap that goes on Beta/Early access on Steam and with enough complaints, those games usually get pulled. I think its time Valve started doing the same with the big Publishers, if it doesnt pass a certain standard, then it doesnt go on the store.

This is getting ridiculous with games, there is no reason other than lazy development, for this game to run as its been reported to.

I dont actually have a single developer/publisher that i trust for day 1 purchases and stable performance, they're all taking the piss as far as im concerned. It seems as the technology progresses, games keep getting released in worse and worse state with some never getting fixed at all.

7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This has bad stuttering and in open zombie world is <20fps slide show.
    Has crashed on me twice now.

What is it with Canadians and zombie movies and games?

This is mediocre at best and at least watchdogs was playable. This is absolute dogs-hit.

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thank you.

9. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    For those using Arkham SLi bits, try dropping internal resolution to 900p, it helped me a little with the flicker, it's not eliminated though.

10. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    For me arkham bits arnt even working, im getting 2 fps with them.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Didn't Capcom already say that this game is locked at 30 FPS but that unlocking the framerate can be done at your own risk? This a cash-in console port so I'm not at all surprised that the performance is all over the place with an unlocked framerate. Sure, that is hugely disappointing given the difference in hardware specs between an Xbox One and a high-end PC but did anyone honestly expect anything different? If the game was optimised for 60 FPS or higher then Capcom would not have locked the framerate!!!

The majority of console ports to the PC have always ran above 30 FPS even when they've been 30 FPS on consoles so the warning signs were already there for this game. At least Capcom have been honest about it. If you don't like playing games at 30 FPS or erratic barely above 30 FPS framerates when unlocked then it is probably best to avoid this game completely.

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Playing at 60fps at 60hz is bad already, 30fps is like we going back way way too much. on PC this should not be allowed, ever by anyway.

All games that have 30fps lock should be banned on sight.

13. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Did you set it up correctly?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Was tempted to pre order this when it first showed up on steam, but had a feeling something like this might happen, learnt my lesson after Watch_Dogs it seems.

Hopefully they at least try and patch it to a point where 60fps is possible for those of you that did buy it.

15. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Yes, i have exactley the same settings, except instead of four gpus i have two.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, I'd have to say Watch_Dogs is the worse of the two.
    While both ports have performance issues, Dead Rising 3 doesn't have a stuttering issue.
    Yes, the frame rate can fluctuate with no regard to settings or hardware. But, it doesn't stutter.
    WD still has a stuttering problem which makes aiming, movement, driving... problematic at times.

Add in that Dead Rising 3 is a much more fun game even with it's performance issues... and that Capcom are a better company at handling post-release support.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    According to Digital Foundry here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-unlock-pc-dead-rising-3-30fps-cap the game has a framepacing issue when using the default v-sync option and 30 FPS.

Framepacing issues are microstutter so while Dead Rising 3 may not have the horrendous hitching that Watch_Dogs had at launch, it is still not running properly even on its default settings!!!

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah, with the default v-sync enabled.
    But a lot of what I've read from people with the game is that you don't need the v-sync turned on.
    Most have said turning off v-sync works great. The game shows almost no signs of tearing with it off.

And, honestly, I almost never use v-sync.

19. stat1cx

stat1cx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G
    Dr.Puschkin Thanks for your help, i changed GPU count to four, as in your screen shoot, instead of two, and now my SLI is working, except for some shadow flickering, that everyone is getting. I thot that gpu count setting is responsible for how many gpus you have in your system, it makes no sense that four gpus setting is working, and two is giving 2 FPS, my system has only two gpus :banana:

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Sounds like I'll wait for a sale on this one. I already have this on the xbox one anyway.