AMD Catalyst 14.8 WHQL (14.201.1008 August 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I don't get it, no problems with previous drivers, now you're getting crashes with the new one, and suddenly its the CPUs fault ?

If it was the CPU at fault, you'd be getting the crashes on all the previous GPU drivers too

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well i got metro today, so i wasnt playing with 14.7 drivers. Idk if happens or not. Just did memtest86 no errors and GPU seems stable too.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'd DDU and roll back to the drivers that were working fine before these ones and test everything before messing with anything else

4. Rudlin

Rudlin Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Back to 13.12. Skyrim flickering, Fallout:NV aswell. Everything else is fine tho.

5. AtakaGlukoff

AtakaGlukoff Guest

GPU:
    -
    Hi! Please, take a screenshot of GPU'z sensors at idle.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    That'll be a fix they've probably added to them, as the 14.7s are not finished yet, well they wil be now, if they are WHQL'd, and they release them officially, as when they put them up for download, they keep working on them, adding new fixes, then when they've added more fixes, they stick em back up for download again for people to test, and it just goes on like that until they get WHQL'd, which is that driver fully finished off, so the driver we are on at the minute, is not the 14.7, its actually the 14.6, as that was the first Beta to be released, after the finished 14.4s as far as i know, so if these do get released officially, they'll be the finished 14.6s, and the new Beta driver released after, will be the start of the next one.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats why no one can understand when every one kicks off saying, these drivers are sh!te, this is broken, thats broken, im going Nvidia etc...., as thats what Betas are, they do have bugs, they do have things broken, as they are not finished drivers, we test them, let them know about the bugs etc... via the reporting form, they fix them, add them to the driver, then re-upload it again, and Nvidias are exactly the same.

8. b2rdark

b2rdark Guest

GPU:
    7870 XT
    no they don't

9. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    This^^

If they did fix them, I wouldn't mind at all, but having reported the same bugs throughout multiple different betas, to find them still in WHQLs months and months later, Ive given up - AMD can keep their cards and their drivers, Im done with them after this card

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Guess every changelog from AMD and every user reporting fixed issues are lies. Thanks for alerting all of us to this!

:bang:

I know every issue reported isn't fixed, but implying that AMD fixes nothing is stretching it a bit. On the other hand, I myself have a hard time reproducing some of these reported issues... Not saying it is or isn't the case over at AMD, but it might be hard to fix something that can't be reproduced consistently.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Not all bugs are fixed no, as above.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    So using your theory, the people reporting that the same bugs AMD claim are fixed are still there must be liars too then ?

If AMD fixed the bugs, noone would be reporting them still being there - people are

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

What issues are people reporting that AMD claimed to have fixed?

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same happens with Nvidias, some people are still saying, this is broken, been broken for months now, ive reported it, but they havn't fixed it, and some people who also had the same broken thing, have it fixed for them now, its like Espionage says, some things are hard to reproduce, as there is that many different combinations of setups, we are all not running the exact same things, so some people will have bugs that other people don't get, and some bugs will get fixed for some people, but still appear for others.

When you report a bug, you have to remember, AMD and Nvidia do not have your rig, so if they reproduce and fix said bug, but its not fixed for you still, i guess thats because you are not using AMD or Nvidias rig that the bug was fixed on, something else will be causing said bug on your rig, getting them fixed for all combinations will take time, for both, be that many combinations, i wouldn't be surprised if some bugs just can't be fixed for everyone, only way they'll 100% fix bugs is, if when you send them a report, you also send them yer rig as well, or they have a repair service, like for Tvs, where someone can come to yer home and fix it :D

Its not like the consoles, we are not all on the same ones, our CPUs are different, motherboards, Ram, GPUs, soundcards, even our clocks are also different, different BIOS, peripherals, drivers, software......................

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  15. Emre9110

Emre9110 Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 280X VAPOR-X
    I cleaned 14.4 whql with ddu than installed 14.8 but i can not acces ccc panel. Right click than amd catalyst control center, The mouse flickers like it is loading it and then nothing occurs. Any idea ?

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You're the one who said "Guess every changelog from AMD and every user reporting fixed issues are lies"

I call BS, first off, there has been next to no changelog from AMD for many builds, and you show me the bugs that you claim users are reporting as fixed and I`ll show you that they are not fixed, as every single one of the bugs from 14.6 are still present in 14.8, they just took slightly longer to show their faces

17. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    What OS are you running? all of my encounters with CCC not opening have been .Net framework issues assuming that the drivers have installed correctly

try repairing .Net you can download a useful tool for that here,

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10715-rebuilt-net-framework-452-full-x86x64-5-26-2014/

18. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

The only issue I can think of at the top of my head is the corrupted cursor bug; but as for recently, I guess I can't really name a case where someone reported a fixed issue as being fixed. To be fair though, it could also be because people no longer experiencing the issue might not care to report it (people are more likely to report a bad experience over a good one). Might be able to find a person or two if I dig though some threads, but there isn't anything notable that I recall.

I don't recall anyone mentioning anything with any of the 14.7 RC3, RC1, or 14.6 RC1 featured highlights (doesn't necessarily mean no one has mentioned anything though; would have to go looking). Can anyone confirm the AOC U2868PQU display timing issue fixed? Does anyone with a R9 290X confirm 11% increased performance with PvZ? Does Wildstar really have a PX profile now that works? At first glance, I assume these highlights hold true since nobody (that I've seen) bothered stating otherwise.

Most of the issues I see being reported are temperature increases, black screens, and BSoD. Some report DX9 texture corruption (which I have yet to see, but I might just not play the games it happens in) but afaik, AMD hasn't claimed to have fixed it, or mark it as a known issue.

The only outstanding issue I can think of is the screen wake issue, but I'm not sure if I've even seen that as a known issue on AMD's changelog. It's not really a consistent issue either (some have it, others don't, the ones that do experience it consistently while others have it randomly). I'm not even certain where to begin with finding the cause for this.

And some other issues reported seem to be Mantle and BF4 acting poorly (which I'm betting is the game itself and not AMD; Star Swarm and Thief were fine for me), and browsers causing BSoD (I've only seen it happen with some 14.x driver a good while back). Some relatively outstanding bug I haven't heard of for a good while was Firefox corruption, but seeing as I don't recall any changelog from AMD claiming to have fixed it, I assume one of the following happened:

- Mozilla fixed the issue on their own end
    - Nobody uses Firefox anymore
    - The people experiencing the issue either turned off HW acceleration, and/or stopped caring

I think I also recall someone (might have been you but not entirely certain) reporting issues with Eyefinity back when that Eyefinity-changing driver first surfaced, but I recall Eyefinity being fine for me when I tried it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
  19. Gero

Gero Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series
    Same here! Running Windows 8.1 64-bit Also got the red screen(for the first time).

20. Emre9110

Emre9110 Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 280X VAPOR-X
    I could acces ccc panel on 14.4. But i tried 14.7 rc3 now but still i can not access. I installed net frramework 4.5.2 from your link but still same i can not acces ccc panel(with 14.7 rc3) . I will uninstall 14.7 rc3 now and will try 14.8 again.

I am using win 8.1 pro 64 bit