AMD Catalyst 14.8 WHQL (14.201.1008 August 12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by HerrFornit, Aug 29, 2014.

1. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

i have amd from about 10 years, satisfied from gpu and drivers... but ok 2 driver release with small fixes... but 4 or 5 driver release with no real improvements at least on new gpu it's really annoying....

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    That's about what i have running under 13.12.....99% GPU usage 80% fan(+-5%) about 83c that's with a AB frame lock of 58fps (14.x also ran with the same 58fps lock)

Something is awry with the latest sets of drivers for some people & AMD are not forth coming about what changes they've made to cause this extra heat

I see people saying its because the driver is using the gpu more/harder more demands on the memory ect ect but i haven't seen any notable increase in performance to warrant the extra heat,have you guys????

there's was a guy on OC.net reporting that 14.7 rc 1-2-3 can cause his system to pull upto 200watts more than 14.4-14.6 on apple to apples testing now that's freaking mad!

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501216/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc-driver-for-windows-out-now/150#post_22714389

AMD rep (Warsam71) who posts there says he has the driver team looking at the temp increase but has failed to report back on the issue...

http://www.overclock.net/t/1501216/amd-catalyst-14-7-rc-driver-for-windows-out-now/140#post_22708957

But if reports sofar on 14.8 are correct it seems they are still ignorant or aren't bothered about fixing it....

3. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Mostly released for new Kaveri models A10-7800, A8-7600 and A6-7400K.
    And performance is initially based for LINUX ...,

4. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    hm

is it me or this new driver not letting me open up CCC?

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just you

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Stupid Question I know..

But will these actually install for Windows 8 "Original" ?

7. Sohaim

Sohaim Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980(reference)
    really? thank god, i will be installing these right now to test em.

8. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    How come that this drivers are not "official" yet?

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

As I mentioned in the 14.7 RC3 thread about this driver, there are four more references to the R9 200 Series in this driver, I'm assuming they are R9 285, R9 285X and two other.

10. stdavidchen

stdavidchen Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Weird. This new driver give me two BSOD after installing. (I had used DDU to uninstall the 14.7 RC3). Roll back to RC3 now since it is the most stable driver I had ever used for my R9 290.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just had the same thing, but not a BSOD, just BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Then it booted without any displays at all, so I shutdown fully, booted up again and Eyefinity was gone, 3 single displays

I remember this bug from the 14.6>14.7 drivers, which I reported many many times AMD, you n00bs

Back to 14.4, PoS

No improvements over 14.4 for me anyway, but definitely more heat and introduced crashing

12. kaz050

kaz050 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FTW RGB
    cant because i uuninstalled the driver then restarted installed new restarted then right click on desktop for CCC it looks like it wants to load but then it just stops

13. Demon71

Demon71 Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 5750
    I was not clear if this version 14.8 is only for AMD processors;

or ,

is a unified driver software: graphics processors and graphics cards

:3eyes:?????

14. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I've just installed them after removing 14.7 RC3 using DDU v13.0.0.3 and everything went butter smooth, neither BSOD nor any other sort of errors on my machine.

I'll be testing them with games soon.

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Ive had no issues with eyefinity . Though I have only used every driver since 14.6 with eyefinity cause of mixed mode eyefinity. Im running 4 monitors off a single 7950 as well.

16. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

I spoke too soon

Back to 14.4 for me, I think for the remaining time I own an AMD card, pretty sick of them asking us to report bugs, then doing sweet FA about them, especially after the length of the form they want you to fill in each time

17. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    so all this time and mantle is still messed up ? not even an effort to make raptr VR compatible with their own technology? sweet... and then we get called haters for thinking this should exist by now.

hope they had a good meal with the money i paid for their hardware...

18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Mantle video recording and streaming via raptr was announced some time ago, they said it is matter of few months, it is on its way and they are working on it currently.

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    They were doing great with updates and fixes one the average. And after 14.6 it hasnt been worth a damn.
    Sorry your having the issues mate. It sucks.

Guess I am just lucky with any issues that I faced being easily fixed or a workaround.

I havent noticed the heat issues alot of people have had.
    Im running my card on AIO Water cooler with air cooling on the vrm. Vrms never go above 60c and card never goves above 50c with a 1200rpm single 120 fan.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ah Im fine with 14.4, no problems at all, temps and stability are great, performance is great, I just think its a joke that they release all these new drivers, beta or otherwise, and not one bug from many reports and builds ago have been addressed or fixed or even looked at

What's the point in a bug reporting form if no-one fixes anything reported

Loads of people are stuck on 13.12, can't even move to the 14.x builds