HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
  2. tapioks

tapioks Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780M 4GB
    Hey, cool Bully pics! I'm enjoying the game too with all these visual goodies (though I prefer the vanilla textures). The SGSSAA, HBAO, Aniso and 60FPS really help make it fun to play even today :D

3. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I was just experimenting with those HD textures. I'm not playing the game with them. Plus I don't like the way they break lore like when they replace soda machine textures with a Coca Cola logo. I wish I could just get HD versions of the original textures. Plus that particular texture pack kills performance. Definitely not worth it.

4. Haftarun8

Haftarun8 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    FFXIV HBAO+ not working now?

Hey everyone, I don't post often but I was very excited to find that a working AO bit for Final Fantasy XIV was discovered. I tried to test it out this morning and despite entering the proper compatibility bit, and picking both "enable" and "quality" settings in Nvidia Inspector, Nothing was showing up in-game. I took comparison screenshots with it on and off (the in-game ssao was off the whole time). Nothing. Did this break with the latest 2.3 and 2.35 patch? Has anyone tried it in the past week or so to confirm it still works? If so what could I be doing wrong?

Thanks and hopefully eventually the DX11 version of this client will address this and many other graphics issues (like the horrible transparency dithering, lack of real AA (I don't have enough gpu power to use 4xSGSSAA), proper texture filtering on color and normal maps, better DoF, etc...

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    What is your transparency lighting quality?

1F works 100% reliably with "Normal" Transparent Lighting Quality, if you can put up with lower resolution Alpha effects, water and hair.

The other one can be tricky.

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    alrighty

8. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

0x00000028 (default)

This one was tricky. Basically all working flags caused heavy bleeding through, well, everything, until I accidentally left in game SSAO turned on, which made HBAO+ working perfectly. However game seems to turn off SSAO when player's vision suppose to be obscured, like at the beginning of "Hunter Killer" mission, or during sandstorm in "Return to Sender", which causes bleeding to kick back in. 28 flag is, once again, best one to use.

Exteriors:

Off
    In game SSAO
    HBAO+
    HBAO+ & in game SSAO

Interiors:

Off
    In game SSAO
    HBAO+
    HBAO+ & in game SSAO

Smoke/dust test 1:

Off
    In game SSAO
    HBAO+
    HBAO+ & in game SSAO

Smoke/dust test 2:

Off
    In game SSAO
    HBAO+
    HBAO+ & in game SSAO

Thanks!

9. tmaldo23

tmaldo23 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780ti OC/3GB SLI
  10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have have updated my original HBAO+/SLI/SGSSAA post for Outlast:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10205893&postcount=5811

It turns out, that "0x00000026" is a much better overall AO solution than "0x00000010" in this game, since "10" tends to flicker on and off under certain lighting conditions.
    The only limitation to "26" is, that it shouldn't be used together with forced SGSSAA.
    This combination causes the AO to "lock out of phase" with the image briefly in some scenes (especially when entering or exiting a room).
    Without SGSSAA, this doesn't happen at all.

A better solution is 2x2 driver downsampling combined with HBAO+ (0x00000026), which doesn't have any downsides whatsoever :)

11. NeoChaos

NeoChaos Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB
    Just as an FYI, the current Street Fighter IV AO flagged is buggy. During fights, the AO bleeds into the UI of the game...it's most noticeable with the lifebars and the "ROUND #" graphics at the start of each round.

12. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  13. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
  14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Yeah I noticed this. But honestly, it's such a minor issue. It could be far far worse

15. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    It would be nice to have direct screenshot comparisons of "0x0000002C" working in Insurgency.
    Furthermore, does "2C" bleed through smoke in this game?

According to a post in the "HBAO+ Driver Feedback Thread" on the GeForce forums, this is the case when HBAO+ is forced with "2C" in CS:GO itself:
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/683553/geforce-drivers/hbao-driver-feedback-thread/post/4299948/#4299948

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

16. Haftarun8

Haftarun8 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Thanks for the reply, MrBonk. I'd prefer to leave transparency on high, as even that is bad enough as it is compared to a lot of other games (transparency dithering in any form is soooo 1993). So the 1F key doesn't work for high quality? I'm currently using 0x0000102B but having no luck whatsoever with it. Could I be missing anything else? Thanks and hopefully it's some other setting I just need to tweak.

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Instead of just describing the problem, please upload screenshots of your NVIDIA Inspector settings as well as all ingame settings.
    Also please include ingame HBAO+ screenshot comparisons, to make sure whether or not "102B" is working for you.
    This thread should be driven by facts/proof, and not argumentation ;)

This could be something as simple as a resolution problem.
    Some AO flags only work at certain resolutions/aspect ratios.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    102B is weird that it whether it works or not is completely random. At one point, it worked reliably 100% fine for me in the benchmark and the current builds of the game.

Then it'd work once when booting up the game, not the next time.

It's a bit strange. I did add info somewhat to that effect to the post.

But for what it's worth, the dithering is going to be there regardless.

So if you can't somehow get 102B to work (Have you tried rebooting the computer? Using any OSD's?), using 1F may be the only choice.

19. Haftarun8

Haftarun8 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Good point, GuruKnight, I'll try to be more specific with this.

Game settings are the default "Maximum" preset but with Occlusion Culling turned on. Resolution is 1920x1200 (which may be an issue, apparently?)

I've included screenshots and my Inspector settings. One image is AO off, one with in-game AO, the other with the In-game AO off but HBAO+ settings turned on via inspector (which looks identical to the AO off image)

(Edit: It says I need to post 10 times to be able to post links or images, and I've only posted 3 times. For now, I'm unable to show anything :(. But please take my word for the fact that I've taken screenshots and the AO Off looks IDENTICAL to using the HBAO+ settings via inspector. With inspector I plugged in the code "0x0000102B" to Ambient Occlusion Compatibility, set "Ambient Occlusion Setting" to Performance, and "Ambient Occlusion Usage" to Enabled.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  20. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    ^ You just need to remove the "http://" from the link and paste the rest like this "i.imgur.com/a7q11nm.jpg", we will be able to copy and paste it into to are address bar to see it.