MSI Announces its Intel X99 Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    MSI, world leader in motherboard technology, is pleased to announce the launch of the new MSI X99 motherboards line-up. Featuring 5 models, the MSI X99S GAMING 9 AC, X99S GAMING 7, X99S XPOWER AC, X99...

MSI Announces its Intel X99 Motherboards

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    If only they had Asus's fan control options, I'd go for it. Although it's most likely a sleak, less extra mainboard, I like the X99S (I think that's the name) with it's all black design...

3. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    as much of a bundle of sticks i am for asus, if they dont have the rampage black out by xmas, i think i'll be doing the gaming 9.

4. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Do any of the new X99 boards support a tri-SLI config with the cards sitting in slots 1, 4 and 7 ? I might go for tri-SLI sooner or later, but don't want the cards sandwiched. The 1, 4, 7 configuration would leave 1 open slot between the cards, increasing airlow, lowering temps, lowering noise :)

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well the 1st card gets the hottest so it would be good to have at least a space between that and the 2nd, I too am curious how they worked out the pci-e lanes configurations on these boards.

Anyway, I love both gaming and xpower X99 color scheme, they are both 90% black with a pinch of red/yellow and would go perfectly with either MSI gaming or lightning cards. :nerd:

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    They don't "cater for everyone's needs" there is no mATX board! I heard Asus aren't launching one either :(

This could put my upgrade in serious jeapordy grrrrr....