HD5850 to GTX 750ti: Worth it?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Irish Pilot, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    actually the performance is that GREAT, but the vram capacity is another matter just like all those other dual cards you mentioned.

titanZ is badass.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    At $600 plus tax you think its worth it for the Mars card? Gonna have to think long and hard about that one.I did hold the card in my hands and its pure sex, black and red and oh so nice! That might of came out wrong lol.

Ill try a 590 or 6990 1st before i throw down six large for a card.One thinG i found interesting I was able to beat a Radeon 6990 with my 6970 crossfire set-up by 30-40 fps....mine were overclocked and the guy was running stock, sound about right?

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Try it in a friends system, looks like your system is too old, causing compatibility issues.

4. Irish Pilot

Irish Pilot Guest

GPU:
    HIS HD5850
    If you are going by the system in my sig, that's old info...sorry.

Edit: updated my specs

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Ah, quick google search alread found the problem. Your mobo to put it plainly is the issue.

Many others with 750ti are having issues(including other PCI 3.0 cards so i doubt a new card will fix it)

Download Live Update 6 from MSI support page of your mobo, and make sure youre running latest bios update and then see if you can disable PCIe 3.0(if theres an option).

If that doesnt work, your only options are
    1. swap mobo out for something good, like an asus.
    2. try another GPU, wont be guranteed itll work either considering the hundreds of reviews of issues on newegg. Out of 500~ half are having issues, that says something is amiss...

Top end MSI is good, lower end MSI mobos, not so much.

6. joe7dust

joe7dust Guest

GPU:
    750ti
    Can you link me to a guide for this? I have a PNY 750 ti and used kepler bios tweaker to turn up the mW on the powertable to 60000 but saw very little improvement. The MSI afterburner I'm using only allows +25mV so not even sure how to try "1.25V" like you mentioned.

My boost is currently 1380mhz so I guess it is better than the ref review you mentioned, but I feel like if I could turn up the voltage more than 25mV then I could do more. Also I don't get anywhere near 7ghz on the memory. I think +240mhz is the most I've been able to do without freezes and artifacting, and that was up from 3ghz stock I believe. (I guess you are counting 3ghz + 3ghz, 1 for each GB of VRAM?)

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  7. mcdinz

mcdinz Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti 2GB
    I dont think so.not a worth of upgrade theyre both close enough.

8. joe7dust

joe7dust Guest

GPU:
    750ti
    750Ti blows that card out of the water. The 750Ti will be one of the last cards ever made that almost maxes the capability of the PCI-E power output which is 75W. Overachiever card get the 2nd highest OC version PNY XLR8

9. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You guys are having a discussion in a 2 year old thread.Bit of a necro.