HBAO+ Compatibility Flags Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by MrBonk, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti

2. tmaldo23

tmaldo23 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 780ti OC/3GB SLI

3. KoKlusz

KoKlusz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12 GB
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

0x00000028

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find working flag without bleeding, 28 is again best candidate since it bleeds the least, it's barely noticeable unless dust/smoke completely covers screen, like in example below. I also added comparison with default flag to show difference in bleeding.

Exteriors:

Off
    0x00000015 (default)
    0x00000028

Interiors (kinda):

Off
    0x00000015 (default)
    0x00000028

Smoke/dust test 1:

Off
    0x00000015 (default)
    0x00000028

Smoke/dust test 2:

Off
    0x00000015 (default)
    0x00000028

4. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Nice job on updating the HBAO+ list, MrBonk.
    But those new HBAO+ flags for Mafia 2 are extremely subtle IMO (both "31" and "32").
    Suppose I might keep using "2D" or just go back to the ingame SSAO option ;)

With all that being said, I have a few bug fixes to the new entries.
    I think we should keep "0x00000009" in the list as a "subtle" AO solution for Risen 2, and designate "0x00000019" as "strong".
    Also, the link to aufkrawall2's SSAO post for Risen 3 is broken in the list:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4893262&postcount=2269

In my opinion it is up to the original poster of a HBAO+ flag to check it for issues and make a "final" report :)
    Otherwise nothing ever gets finished, and the work just gets passed along to someone else.
    And I agree with MrBonk, there is no need to force anything in AC4, since the game has good ingame AO/AA options already.

5. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Both 31 and 32 IMO are still more worth using than the built in SSAO. After having played through the game. That's just my opinion.

If you want a stronger solution 0x00000019 is better than 2D as it has less issues than 2D. But it still has catastrophic issues during cutscenes, such as minor clouding when objects are of close proximity,minor flickering and occasionally character models being AO'd per vertex instead of pixel. So it looks like you are playing a modern Virtua Fighter or something lol.

And considering the game is heavy on cutscenes, it's not recommended.

I'll add this to my post, but will refrain from using it in the list.

Here is also a video of it in cutscenes. It does not look very good.

https://mega.co.nz/#!iQwQxT4a!Trw0tKLpdgSRVrJa3njO29Omf7QWUePTK8zqGfeQQl8

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    OK, I haven't played much Mafia 2 recently :)
    But you are correct, that "2D" as well as "19" are too problematic for a full play-through.

And I actually used to love "Virtua Fighter", lol....

7. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    0x00000018 seems to work very well for Dark Souls I with DSFix, however I am unable to test much seeing as I have never played this game at all yet. I am only able to play the first 10-20 minutes including the first cutscene and I haven't seen any issues yet.

So I'd like if someone else who has played the game to maybe run through different areas and see how it looks.

Please use a 16:9 resolution and restrict the rendering resolution to 16:9 your native if you can please. Don't want to isolate issues with aspect ratios and different internal resolutions just yet. (Especially since SGSSAA works just fine with DSFix. And downsampling with DSFix doesn't seem to work as well.)

Preliminary Screenshots

No AO http://i.minus.com/iJqVTvFMwkmQh.png http://i.minus.com/ihHoD1gbuuqAF.png
    18 HBAO+ http://i.minus.com/idPa0VtapKk7.png http://i.minus.com/iLS0jgLZxOxnH.png
    VSSAO2 (Lowest strength so it's not overbearing) http://i.minus.com/iW9d2UmvQZJ4f.png http://i.minus.com/ibtNUmraLqFwRr.png

8. tmaldo23

tmaldo23 Guest

GPU:
    AC saga

I have done more tests and here are the screenshots for Assassin's Creed saga. This is my best effort, so, now is up to you guys to decide if they are the proper flags for AC saga. All games are maxed, vsync off. Games running in dx9 have set 4xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA.
    Just to remind you, the flags 0x00000022, 0x00000023, 0x00000029 are not working properly. 0x00000022, and 0x00000023 havet graphics glitches. I have attached an example present in 0x00000022, then, my suggestion is to drop them flags from the list. Glitches in flag 0x00000023 are more random, I couldn't capture an example, but basically, some textures become dark (depending on the shot). I have decided not to test it anymore. 0x00000029 doesn't work at all.

ACB already has SSAO (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_space_ambient_occlusion), and it is not disable in the same way than ACLHD or AC III. I think this is the reason why some times is so hard to see when HBAO+ is on.
    I have not found a working flag for AC III, anyway, I think this game uses some earlier version of HBAO+, when shadows are set to Very High. However, I am not sure about that. geforce.com/whats-new/articles/assassins-creed-iii-launches-on-the-pc-with-impressive-tech-and-txaa

Assassins Creed (dx9)
    No AO i.imgur.com/vKtkBNz.jpg
    19 HBAO+ i.imgur.com/SCszyse.jpg

Assassins Creed (dx10) (8xMSAA in game, vsync off 60fps capped!!!??)
    No AO i.imgur.com/wbcHJ32.jpg
    0x00060000 i.imgur.com/j16CRmY.jpg

Assassin's Creed II (dx9)
    No AO i.imgur.com/iuD886N.jpg
    19 HBAO+ i.imgur.com/wRYTvtq.jpg

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (dx9)
    No AO i.imgur.com/a1Mgfc7.jpg
    19 HBAO+ i.imgur.com/taFFwRw.jpg

Assassin's Creed Revelations (dx9)
    No AO i.imgur.com/RsOL34z.jpg
    19 HBAO+ i.imgur.com/YK958Bz.jpg

Glitches present in ANY AC using flag 22
    i.imgur.com/h29lRWb.jpg
    i.imgur.com/coAnvVn.jpg

9. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Just a quick update on HBAO+ support in Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City.
    The "0x00000010" flag currently listed only applies a very subtle AO effect to indoor scenes.
    Outdoor scenes are not affected at all (except for an increase in VRAM and GPU usage of course).

I have tried virtually all other official AO profiles, and even a few "custom" ones of the form 0x000010XX, without finding a suitable replacement.
    No AO flag in the driver affects outdoor scenes in EFLC :(
    I suggest we make a note of this in the description.

Here is my updated AO post for the game:
    http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=10153364&postcount=5657

10. LostAcc

LostAcc Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780
    @GuruKnight: I think the flag doesn`t work at all...

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    It does work, but is very subtle :)
    Take a look at the red rectangle I included in the first "0x00000010" shot.
    There is some occlusion on the railings of that wall.

Unfortunately nothing besides "10" applies any type of AO effect in EFLC :(

12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Isn't there an ENB or mod that adds AO?

But also: I'm fairly certain you can use GTAIV with GeDoSaTo just fine now. So you can get better AA and just forgo AO all together. :pc1:

Rockstar's Engine was/is kind of dumb.

13. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Thank you.

With this screenshot
    https://i.imgur.com/coAnvVn.jpg

What is normally happening here? This looks almost as if only the AO buffer is being rendered haha...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Yes, ENB adds really terrible SSAO :puke2:
    And only works for GTA 4 versions up to patch 1.0.4.0, before Rockstar decided to change the shadow rendering system.
    Hence this doesn't work at all for EFLC, without one issue or another.

But I suppose using HBAO+ is kinda silly in EFLC, since it does almost nothing :)

15. tmaldo23

tmaldo23 Guest

GPU:
    Just an update on ACB. I've been doing some research about SSAO in ACB, unfortunately, there is no information about how is enabled, on the contrary, I have found a lot of complaints related to issues with SSAO, since SSAO seems not to be working specially in open areas. Nevertheless, I found that setting shadows to 5 in game enable SSAO, therefore, I think for a better use of HBAO+ in this game, shadows should be set to 4, otherwise, SSAO and HBAO+ would be overlapped.

Here some screenshots.
    Shadows 4 No HBAO+ i.imgur.com/gdsatmC.jpg
    Shadows 5 No HBAO+ i.imgur.com/6UCX35j.jpg
    Shadows 4 HBAO+ 19 i.imgur.com/migw1O7.jpg

16. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Perhaps there is some kind of configuration file, where you can disable SSAO without reducing shadow quality?
    http://www.tweakguides.com/AC_8.html

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever test for HBAO+ in the original Far Cry from 2004?
    It is one of those games, that could really benefit from the shadow depth effect provided by driver AO.

I don't have the game anymore, so maybe someone else could do the work?
    Since it runs on the original CryEngine 1, a good starting point might be "0x00000018", "0x0000000A" or "0x0000000D".

17. tmaldo23

tmaldo23 Guest

GPU:
    Well I have already tried something like that, setting SSAO=0 in the .ini, in the same way than in Liberation, in which it did work, but in Brotherhood this setting is ignored. In AC III, AO is also controlled in the shadow settings, so thats the reason to think that in 4 you already got the max shadow quality, and then SSAO is enable when setting shadows to 5. Unfortunately, there is no info about the latter.

In reddit a guy is claiming that using cheat engine he could increase shadow resolution and also SSAO everywere.
    reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/28lgbw/

BTW I have Far Cry, I can try latter those flags for HBAO+ in FC.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Maybe there is no performance hit because there is no HBAO+ being applied in your screenshots. I certainly don't see it. SSAO is obvious though.

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Of course this is what I meant :)
    Some AA flags as well as some AO flags only work at certain resolutions and aspect ratios.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Sweet, nice find!

With HBAO+ this game really shines!