Cyberpower Raven X6 Notebook has Intel Core i7-4710HQ

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    great, expect a quad core cpu and a 870 would have been much better choice for gaming on a FHD screen.

3. benq

benq Guest

GPU:
    And the battery will die in 5 min

4. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Any serious gaming on battery is just a no-go for any laptop! You either have the sh*tty integrated GPU's or a dedicated GPU that will throttle & run at reduced speeds when on battery - there's no getting around the fact that a battery can only safely provide X amount of current. A good gaming laptop will use 150W+ when gaming.

5. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    GTX870 can be found in Cyberpower Fangbook Evo HX7-100 and with additional $322 it can be upgraded to GTX880.

Only problem for me is the styling which I do not like at all. Not that I'm looking for a gaming laptop in the first place, but still. I like the "business" style ones.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Try an hour on full power and like 4 on normal saving options

7. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Everyone's talking about how the battery will die but I could have sworn, you can plug these things into an outlet during some serious gaming. I am pretty sure any person out there buying one of these already knows and does just that.

It doesn't matter what is posted, there is always someone looking for any thing negative to say. I get so tired of the negativity and arguing these days on forums, carry on.

8. laststop

laststop Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic 2GB 5870
    For a gaming notebook I can't even look at anything without a flagship gpu in it. No 1 games on a notebook off the battery anyways unless its light gaming off the integrated gpu. In my opinion the main use for a gaming notebook is for an easily portable machine to take to lan partys. That's what I use my alienware m18xr1 for. I took it apart and did a few upgrades to it. I upgraded the single heatpipe cpu cooler to the larger triple heatpipe cooler found on the m18x r2 and i upgraded the 6990's xfire to gtx 680m sli. Got a lil backpack that holds the 22 inch monitor, keyboard, mouse, and notebook. Take it to all my freinds when we lan game. Lost easier than lugging a desktop around. It's an i7-2960xm oc'd to 4.2ghz on all 4 cores and the gtx 680m sli i keep stock clocks to help keep thermals to sane levels. It actually runs faster than most of my friends desktops.
    I take that back I increased the clockspeed of the gtx 680m +80mhz to put it on par with the clockspeed of the gtx 780m.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  9. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    (Being very picky, but it's +130Mhz on the base clocks or +90Mhz on the boost clocks when talking about matching the 780M's clocks from the 680M)

Yep, definitely designed to game on the outlet rather than the battery! That's what I do with mine, rarely use it on battery, I have a gaming laptop just because it takes up less space in the house, I can use it wherever I want in the house, and it means that when I stay away I can take it with me.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    There's a lot of negativity on the forums of late, but picking this thread to point it out on seems a little bit silly. The major selling point of a product like this is portability, if it can't function as intended while running on the battery there's a problem. I can see this being of benefit to someone that has serious space concerns and still wants to PC game, but even then I'd find it a hard sell considering how easy it is to set up a small desktop build now.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That is not possible on your portability point there never has been a decent gaming laptop that had any decent battery life when gaming and probably will be sometime before it is possible.People buy these things because they are away at school,travel for business, go to lans.Battery life while gaming has never been the forefront in buying decisions for this market.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I don't like the trend of not putting optical drives in laptops.

13. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Exactly why I'd never invest in one, I'd rather save a chunk of money and buy a more standard laptop along with a 3DS or Vita. Regardless of how you reason it or look at it, it is a flaw. Sure there's a market out there or they wouldn't be made in the first place, but that doesn't negate the problems. I know for a fact I'm not the only one who would avoid such a purchase due to battery life.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed. Till this day, many laptops including expensive/high end ones are still coming with SATA drives! Why not come as standard with SSD? Cheap manufacturers...