Gigabyte posts X99 Motherboard Manuals Leaks Info

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    X99 and the Haswell-E platform is launching soon an. The 8-core monster will have 40 PCI-Express lanes for plenty of multi-GPU usage, yet the cheapest 6-core processor SKU called Core i7 5820K would g...

Gigabyte posts X99 Motherboard Manuals Leaks Info

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Gives a good insight into the tech, though given the issues I've had with the Giga X79S-UP5, I'll be avoiding them for my X99 build most likely.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Probably makes the entry Haswell-E very rather unattractive to gamers, at least imo. Would not think about going more than 2-way SLI with the 5820K, which doesn't pay off at all for gaming I think. If you go to 3-way or quad-SLI, then you have to buy the more expensive CPUs anyway...

Interestingly, with one of the mainboards there's an option to disable CPU cores in bios. Sure, I pay hundreds of $ / € / whatever and then I disable CPU cores :rolleyes:
    (I'm sure there's sense to that, the idea is just so unorthodox I don't see a reason to do it...)

Oh, and yes, again and of course, only one true pwm fan header (CPU1), everything else is basically voltage controlled, for any of you wondering.

4. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Intel you cheap fks i wanted to upgrade this yr, i'll be keeping my fkn cash and stone age sheeetbox then, not paying 1k for an 8 core so lets see what next AMD architecture brings...

sheeeet cnts

Edit: AMD
    "its new chips based on the new micro-architecture will only be available in 2016 or even 2017."

fk sake i'm buying a console then or pulling my snes outta cobwebs. kiss my ace PC gaming. :bang:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    To wait for AMD to win over Intel performance wise... :rolleyes: You'll see, because AMD isn't able to really steal the performance crown from Intel, Intel does all this... nobody would sell for less cash without any competition. That won't change 2016 or 2017 either. Anything else would be a dream ;)

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Nah mate see... I sit silently, patiently staring out of a bush in some dark, wet corner ready to pounce on some unsuspecting... upgrade when i can double my gaming performance and double the specs of my current rig, i'm not interested in whos faster that's why i bought a 920.