AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 (14.200.1004.0 August 11)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 14, 2014.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I don't know the full implications of the DirectX 9 issue with these drivers but I know for a fact that Left 4 Dead 2 is running great while NFS: Shift 2 is not.

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Guest

GPU:
    Anyone else think that it might be AMD's involvement with M$ and Sony's consoles war that is dragging there driver teams focus away from there PC hardware and thus a lack of improvements and fixes for us PC guys?....conspiracy theory ahead.....

Im sure with M$ losing the next gen console race they'll be driving AMD to help them get the most out of the Xbones GPU/CPU so as to try and close the gap with Sony (or atleast allow them to get above 900p) we know that xbone runs basically windows 8 with a different GUI and i cant really see even M$ writing there own drivers for it from scratch,so who they gonna call

Sony im sure will also be trying to get the most out of the ps4's AMD based system to maintain the lead they've got over Xbone thus even more distraction.

We always hear that AMD have limited resources/driver team i can only guess that we as PC user have been bearing the brunt of M$ & Sony's struggle for dominance....that or its way to late and Ive had a few to many beers :cheers:

3. psychok9

psychok9 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming 6G
    Hello guys, these drivers made me have a heart attack!
    I've launched the Catalyst installation... and I've selected rapid/express without uninstalling the old drivers.
    In the end I got all the USB ports disabled, no mouse, no keyboard. All the usb ports disabled.
    After 1 reboot no usb port seemed to work, and I powered off my computer again.

At the third boot it now seems to work... but what happened!? :3eyes:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  4. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Driver releases have been limp and bug-ridden over the past few months. One underwhelming and buggy driver a month.... Sad.

5. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Creative Labs do Suck,
    Just for Xfi series, the rest is fine.

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I'd just installed this driver yesterday (for both my dual R9 290X and single HD7970 rigs) and so far, I'm not displeased with it. With the previous two drivers, I'd had issues trying to get EyeFinity to run.....merely setting up EF on my triple 1200P monitor resulted in crashes. I tried setting up EF with this driver and it was smooth sailing. Tried a couple of games and it was good.....a keeper for me.

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Yeah I own a Sound Blaster Z myself, as despite how terrible their driver support is, they do make the best cards around right now, so yeah, kinda that AMD thing right now ;D

8. MaskedMuchaco

MaskedMuchaco Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming (H2O)
    I don't see what all the fuss is about with these drivers, they at least work a bit. :frown:

About 100 years ago I bought an S3 savage as soon as they were released, I think mainly because it was called TERMINATOR BEAST and that's an awesome name but they never got that thing working properly, it almost ruined half life for me, Unreal looked nice though with the fancy high res textures.
    :cussing:

I never learn so I later bought one of the first S3 Savage 2000 cards, that was even worse since it's main reason to buy, hardware transform and lighting was broken in hardware and never worked. It was called Viper II, that's not an even remotely awesome name, I don't know why I bothered.
    :bang:

They did have this nice direct to the hardware API though, unreal used it and maybe something else but I forget. It was great.

I have been to driver hell and survived so let's all calm down and think how much worse it could be if we were waiting for S3 to fix things, at least there's a chance AMD will get there in the end.

:grin2:
    :leave:

9. |XTerk-RS|

|XTerk-RS| Active Member

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 6700XT
    Which type of video output are you using? VGA, DVI or HDMI?

10. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    same here

try these (I'm satisfied):

http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=709286&

11. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I don't have one single issue and I am using two different AMD video cards on the same pc.

I haven't had the BSOD that some of you mention while browsing and keeping the hardware acceleration on, same goes for flash videos.

I don't have any DX9 corruption whatsoever, maybe if some of you pirated game junkies (if you own the legit games then I apologize) bothered to download the patch that got released after the game, you may not have to face such issues. And also, any customized global settings made to the game profiles like forcing certain AA methods, or just setting the texture filtering manually from CCC can produce such bugs.

I don't have any of these overclocking utilities installed on my PC. I had Sapphire TriXX installed, and it caused a driver crash immediately. I set my PowerTune and Engine Clocks from CCC and it does the trick for me. I had this friend who had random driver crashes and it turns out, ASUS' GPU Tweak utility was causing problems at his end. Once it was removed, no problems whatsoever. I would also like to mention that my HD 7850 is either mining constantly @1100/1250 and HD 7950 is mining @1150/1250/20 and when a card is not mining, it's being used for gaming. I haven't faced the temperature increase as some of you have mentioned whatsoever. I am not saying the problems don't exist, what I am saying is the problem lies somewhere else and it just isn't the drivers.

12. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i'm guessing you are noobs,

PC Gaming Rules :
    1. if an issue happens to you, it doesn't meant it happens to others.
    2. if you don't have an issue, it doesn't meant that others doesn't have it.
    additional rule : never accused someone you don't know of pirating.

besides the DX9 corruption doesn't happens to all DX9 games.

and i'm guessing you really are a newb, because it seems you can't read that by reverting to previous driver (ex : 14.4), the texture corruption dissapear.

and the temporary workaround is by using a certain DLL files, from 14.4, by copying it to the folder where the exe is, and then run the game, then the textures corruption will be gone.

i think my post have prove that its not about piracy, but its about lately AMD drivers S.U.C.K.S.

heck my idle temp even raised from 29C @14.4 to 32-33C @14.7 RC3.

so far i've tried ETS 2, and there is no DX9 corruption in it,

but the artifact is still happening on Flatout.

haven't tried other games yet.

13. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    well, it affected me,

i only mentioned idle temp, because i only pay attention to idle temp,

and higher idle temp = higher load temp.

and i didn't know how much it affected my load temp, because when i'm in the middle of gaming, i didn't pay any attention to my temp.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

With my 7970, I've gone from 52c average with my card to 44C average idle, same overclocking settings.

Wattage draw from the wall is also down 14 watts, I'd measure games but right now I'm encoding something.

15. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Honestly I don't get thou problems! I have many games from dx9 to dx11 all run perfectly. I also have many movies I link via to my TV and all works perfect. I never have issues with either of my machines which one has a amd 290 and another NVidia 780ti. Obviously from my point I think you guys that complain simply don't know how to install/uninstall drivers correctly. Anyways had to say this again something is wrong with you people either don't know how to install drivers correctly or you are overclocking and getting errors etc. I don't know wtf you guys doing but for most users everything is good I think you need to look into the mirror and go I am a DUM* A**

16. b2rdark

b2rdark Guest

GPU:
    7870 XT
    Teach me master...

17. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    F*** consoles. I hope it is the case that all of the AMD driver team are over at EA fixing the BF4 Mantle crossfire that the Dice Tossers (see what I did there?) broke last patch!! I mean, flagship Mantle showcase broke for crossfire power users for month now. Way to go.

Have to give these RC3 a go. Hope that temp issue is not with 7970 cards. Tropics + no air conditioning means even normal temps can become an issue.

Side note, would be fun to watch Sony implement Mantle and M$ cringe cause they won't/can't touch Mantle (with their DX12 round the corner).

18. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    There is a list of affected DX9 games, most of them are running on some sort of CryEngine (1,2,3 are all affected). Other than CE games, GTA series (3, VC, SA, 4), NFS Shift 2, Max Payne 2, TDU 2 are the ones reported so far in the forums. Why is this a driver issue 100%? Because you can fix it by adding in two dlls from older drivers, or you know, roll back to pre 14.4.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=391527

Please don't label your thoughts onto other people just because your system doesn't have any problems. No one claims that ALL DX9 games are broken, just a pretty decent number of them are, and as you may not know, people actually play different games than you from time to time.

There are plenty of usage scenarios that can result in bugs that another user may never encounter, it all depends on the system configuration as well as the rest of the hardware. I personally have black screen bugs on both 7950s since I had them, it persisted through clean installations and even an entirely different platform (Intel X58/AMD A85X). There are simply just flaws in both hardware and software that exist (DVI issue with 7 series and Zerocore if rumors are correct). Saying all the problems reside in the users is as ignorant as blaming every world issue on the president. It isn't if there was a magical driver installation method other than clicking next during a clean install of Windows now is it?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  19. undeadpolice

undeadpolice Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 K|NGP|N (SLI)
    Well about 100 years ago there were voodoo cards and it has close to prefect drivers

20. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    Can anyone tell if the black screen bug has been fixed? worth upgrading to this?