Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Lunayah, Jun 26, 2014.

?

What do you prefer. Quality or Performance?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2014.
  1. Quality

105 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Performance

54 vote(s)
    35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    This is true happens most of the times only with Lunayahs Modifications, would be interesting to pinpoint it exactly ;)

And you also right i don't think the Balance is optimal yet from the configuration side of things and partly even worse compared to Vanilla and creates to much overhead for no real visible gain :)

i can see that in my tests on the 460 GTX very clearly

Most part where it is broken by Modders seems to be reflections and Shadows balance :)

Pushing out for example the highest resolution is most of the time not worth it an can create heavy bottlenecks in the Render Pipeline.

I find this setup for Lunayahs configuration quite reasonable

Details: Middle
    Shadows: High
    Reflections:Middle
    Shaders:High

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    For a 460GTX you configuration could be nice.

But for a GTX 670, I still have heavy stutter in city with everything to high and HBAO+ High.

With TheWorseMod 1.0 Updated + TonyMBR ultra textures, I can do this with nearly zero stuttering :

Details : Ultra
    Shadows : High
    Reflections : Ultra
    HBAO+
    Water : Ultra
    Shaders: High

Textures : High (optimized ultra).

I think there is a way to make ultra shadows, ultra reflections and HBAO+ be usable with a single Geforce GTX 670, by optimizing resolutions and view distance. Sunset's textures are less demanding than Maldo's.

3. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Yup TonyMBRs setup is also one i take a close eye on :)

@Lunayah

i was schoked your Gamerprofile changes the entire default Controll Scheme, that's a master bad idea ;)

Also yeah i see what you mean with your Gamerprofile Sharpness levels are much higher by default already (even with supersampling off) sometimes they seem to have a tendency in oversharping no surprise that Sweetfx would create to sharp output levels then.

i also immediately saw a difference in either realizing bullet holes @ fights in Glass better or even @ all compared to Vanilla very interesting in Gun fights when @ the side of you you realize the glass being hit by a bullet and slightly shattering :)

i like a lot of these small Physical Immersion things in the Game they add so much value in the perception of the scene :)

Did you actually realized that different Materials have different of these effects in the World :)

4. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    You guys are welcome to stick to the other mods since extra HQ is for those with some high specs rigs. Try the non HQ versions :)

The extraHQ specifies recommended specs ;)
    If you can run it you ll get bugs

Shadows have been tweaked to increase fps since shadows have the highest hit
    You may always mix and match your setting in game
    In the mod is allowed to switch ago to whatever option
    The aa issue is also a vanilla issue when switching aa modes

The best details will be seen in ultra but be aware that you need a 780 it or higher to run it
    I made my HQ mods because the poll at the top says people prefer quality over performance so I made a mod for those

If your system gets buggy with the hqs than try one of the regular versions :);)

5. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Haaaa ok ! I understand now ! So the gamerprofile specifics are only for HQ ! And the uber ultra too !
    Ok, so i'll try the regular version which will probably fit me more !

Thank you !

6. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Lunayahs Watch Dogs Enhanced Mod (warm) with Maldo Textures Reloaded (Maldo+TonyMBR)

@Lunayahs

I tried your regular version.
    It's great. No bugs and beautiful.

BUT, I find High textures ugly, seriously. When looking at the ground...:puke2: With Ultra and High Textures (and SMAA) I had a lot of lag.

I tried to merge your mod with Maldo Textures Reloaded (Maldo textures further optimized by TonyMBR, with no more aliasing).
    Now, I have a completely smooth game at Ultra Settings and High Textures (which are in fact optimized ultra), SMAA and 2 images, with your SweetFX preset, and textures are a lot more beautiful now.

I am uploading this version. Will be done in 2 hours, but will send you by PM tomorrow.
    I think it could be a valuable extra version, like the Pure E3 Encore version.

Cheers !

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  7. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    AH!, So with this mod, High = Improved High, and Ultra = Improved Ultra, but High does NOT = Ultra. It is finally making sense. HBAO LOW = HBAO LOW Improved, but I think regardless of ANY combination of settings, HBAO should always be enabled and set to High and be further improved if possible. Without it, the game looks flat no matter how awesome textures are.

Also, 4x TXAA is NOT blurry if you use LumaSharpen. 4x TXAA gets rid of aliasing better than MSAA, SMAA, SSAA (yes, even that!), FXAA, MLAA, etc. and LumaSharpen gets rid of the blur. The final effect is most amazing. I posted screenshots but DropBox blocked them due to bandwidth allocation... Those shots proved how awesome TXAA 4x + LumaSharpen can be!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  8. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    We'll technically high is higher than vanillas ultra but with the exception of shadows which are really expensive.
    And SSAO has been left untounch I prefer low cause it is darker but you
    Guys can change it to whatever in game :)

9. DeDeMouse

DeDeMouse Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    Hi Cru_N_cher, can u upload your mod settings please?

10. lariaeamara

lariaeamara Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780i
    Lunayahs Hello, can you tell me what is the purpose in the new configuration tool settings and experimental improvements that would lead to me that I have a six core cpu ie intel 3930K?

11. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    The experimental area seems to have no effect in performance sorry

12. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Omg guys so check this out

2 days ago while I was doing a school project my screen suddenly goes off

I hear a weird sound and I smell something' strange
    I look through the case and I see water leaking and I immediately turn off and disconnect the pc
    I open the case and there's water everywhere
    On my GPUs on my psu and on the GPU slots on the motherboard

I'm like
    Well now I'm doom everything is ruined

I checked and one of the water cooler pipes had burst
    I don't even know how it happened

The day after I decided that I would take a look at it and see exactly what got ruined
    I put the computer apart and clean all the components

I blowed out the water out of the slots and GPUs and the I dried everything
    With paper and qtips

I put the computer backed on today and it worked
    I don't even know how:banana:

I still have to replace the cooler :banana:
    I might just be lucky I had already reported the whole computer to the insurance
    Company of my house I didn't even imagine that it would actually work:)

13. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    I know why!

Touched by a true guru!
    by the way I still refresh this daily over and over its become a problem for me LOL :) :infinity:

14. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Hahaha you cool Guy man :infinity::banana:

15. Devonte_Burst

Devonte_Burst Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 780TI 3GB (OC)
    Glad your comp still works Lunayah!
    I would have been crying LOL

Edit: Anyone having an issue with Character voices after using the Mod tool and maybe the HQ NPCs file? Some voices do not play, such as; aiden when doing side missions, general hacking voice conversations, and calling in vehicle voice.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014

16. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    I've only done main missions so far, im taking the kiddo to chuck e cheese any specific side mission? I'll try it when i get home

17. Devonte_Burst

Devonte_Burst Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia 780TI 3GB (OC)
    No specific ones I can think of. Gang ones, fixer ones, any one where Aiden talks I am the beginning. Also when you randomly hack people, or even the briefcase missions. Where people should be talking, there is none. I just modded a fresh patch without using the mod tool so I will see if it is the mod tool and the hq npc files Combo. Running out of side missions to test though. :-D

18. Cmaki2008

Cmaki2008 Active Member

GPU:
    780ti evga sc
    I'm getting sound on all of them. I used the tool, make sure you put the mods your installing inside the mod folders of the mod installer. ie if installing extra hq put the patch and dat file in the extra hq folder of the mod tool also if doing character hq put the character folder inside character hq the actual folder not just the files but the character folder under character hq for improvment mod put the patch.dat and patch.fat in the hq npc textures

Make sure you goto folder with the installer and right click it and put run as admin make sure uplay isnt running and that watchdogs is closed, you should be fine, now another step i took was because i installed extra hq mod i went to the folder afterwards and deleted sweet fx and replaced it with the sweet fx from extra hq mod, not sure if i should of just left it or used the one from the improved textures but that is what i did and it worked fine. GOODLUCK!! :infinity:

I got a question though which sweet fx folder do i copy over if i do hq characters and improvments and extra hq each have their own @lun

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Was it a custom loop or an all in one? What brand was it?

Insurance or not, might be time for an upgrade ;)

20. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    thanks a lot for explaining man :)
    use the sweetfx from improvement pack, its my updated one ;)

it was corsair hI100
    and yeah man upgrade will be necessary

I was already looking at upgrades for all parts
    but i guess I could wait a little longer :)