CoD: Advanced Warfare - Official MP Trailer

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Activision has released the first official MP trailer for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. As the publisher noted, the core movement system is fundamentally changed with exoskeleton technology, creatin...

CoD: Advanced Warfare - Official MP Trailer

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I've seen the official demo and it looks surprisingly awesome o_0

I mean I haven't been following CoD thoroughly, and I haven't been a hardcore fan of the series (except CoD 1, 2, 4, and I liked the single player campaign in Black Ops). But it looks like a buy for me. The mechanics look really solid, graphics is awesome (it still can't stand next to new Assassins Creed though). The game modes appear to be interesting, but that satellite one isn't that innovative - I played something exactly like that over 10 years ago, I just can't remember which game or mod that was.

The mechanics and level design make me think about Unreal Tournament, Brink, and Titanfall. This game appears to be heavily "inspired" by them, which is not bad by any means. I hope that the team play will not suck, as it's an important factor for me.

3. Hozza

Hozza Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780Ti under water!
    Looks nice and has taken many ideas from other games, however I don't think the PC version will run as well as the console versions.

I just miss the days of clan run servers, competitive play has suffered on the PC and I've seen many clan fold, every year my clan starts playing the latest CoD and every year we drop it and go back to Black Ops and CoD4...

4. Q6600

Q6600 Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF GTX 3080
    So Titanfall with out the titans........and a few other tidbits thrown in......sigh

5. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    This looks a lot like Crysis.

6. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Looks like crap count me out:) I want WW2 back please.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  7. dbogss

dbogss Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix-RTX-2080
    ....is it free ,after ghosts i have my doubts about all COD games ,i mean singleplayer is more than ok but MP ,o feel like bf4 is the king,no hate please involved ,anyway i do belive that this two games are different in many ways ,they do not belong to the same genre.I will wait for a review...best think to do this days. :supercool

8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I know this is only a trailer but i think it´s enough to make an educated guess about the scores is gonna get in future reviews, is gonna be something like this:

OMG, amazing graphics, revolutionary gameplay and superb single player story!!!

99% score, masterpiece, buy it before it ends!!!

So nothing new to see here...

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Yah, that exoskeleton stuff reminded about Crysis.

After that first vid and minute - few of that second vid they did manage to make the gameplay look discusting. Movement and aiming with pad, just look at it, it does not work!

10. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    The most of the sales will be for consoles, so it makes sense to present it with game pad. Also, I've seen quite a few good CoD guides made by console players and they were useful for me, playing with mouse & keyboard on PC. Some people can do awesome stuff with controllers in shooting games, but I'll stay with mouse & keyboard. I don't despise the controller users - it's a way of interacting with a game, and if everyone uses similar method, the everyone has similar chance, and it's based on skill. Still, I guess it might take a world elite controller player to beat a kinda good mouse & keyboard player.

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Looks like another cod i'll be playing for a few days and quit like cod:ghosts.

I'll wait for Treyarch's next cod, bo1 and 2 we're amazingly good.

12. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I cant wait to NOT INSTALL THIS
    Enough viruses out there already, not gonna PAY for an extra one.

13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    As a fan of UT, this game is, in a way, offensive to me. It looks fun but I know it was made to mooch off people who like to play games like that.

14. Nano2k

Nano2k Guest

GPU:
    RTX2080TI
    Maybe I'm getting too old, but all this gadgety, jumpy, flashy crap is not what I want see in a multiplayer FPS. Anyway after last years Ghost/BF4 debacle, I'm not pre-ordering this type of game anymore.

15. EKRboi

EKRboi Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX970 / 3x AOC i2757
    HA! that was my thought as well.. "super jumping", "invisible nano suit mode".. even the guns are very crysis-esque. That's not why I wont be buying though.. I actually quite enjoyed all 3 Crysi. I won't be buying it because it does not fulfill my want to "play army".

I use to play COD and kinda got tired of the same old same old and tried battlefiend 3 and found the franchise to be everything I always felt COD lacked. MANY players, huge maps, and a feeling of strategy being necessary, instead of just running around in circles in cramped maps and hallways. AKA a frag fest.

Unfortunatly neither franchise is appealing to me this year... sad, very sad. I want to "play army", not futuristic army, not more crysis multiplayer and certainly not cops and robbers. :thumbdown

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014

16. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Looks like it'd get old fairly quick.