TheWorse Mod for Watch Dogs #3 part

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jul 9, 2014.

1. AsuraX

AsuraX Guest

GPU:
    12G
    Is there a mod to patch to this mod that gets rid of all the extra fog that was added? I am blinded by the amount of it now. I'd rather of none (so whatever the default was) then so much.

2. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
  3. JetBlack

JetBlack New Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7700 1 gig
    Had a similar problem --just a black screen when starting the game with the 1.0 with textures. What I did was get Uplay to do 'verify files' which fixed the game, then got the 1.0 w/maldo from TheWorsemod.blogspot, then run the cmh175 patch insertion program...which crashed part way through but kept going, sorta. It didn't replace the files in my watch_dogs directory when it finished, so i copied them over from the cmh175 directory to the appropriate watch_dogs directory to replace the existing patch files and somehow the game worked after that with maldo textures. Compared to modding the game previously, this experience was challenging but I'm not gonna touch the install again unless ubi releases a new patch or theworse updates his mod w/textures as the game runs great, no stutter, with pretty textures for me.

Thanks to TheWorse, Maldo, and CMH175 for all their work!

4. zacksparrow

zacksparrow Guest

GPU:
    R9290x
    good day every body ..
    im having the patch working and every thing is fantastic ..
    my only problem is that when i try to associate the worse sweetfx preset i can never start the game when FILMGRAIN is on .. i have to switch it to zero for the game to start ..
    my other concern is that even when sweetfx loads and works i have no idea if the entire preset is working because the log always shows errors ..
    here is it :

[03:07:57] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [03:07:57] Hooking swapchain...
    [03:07:57] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:07:57] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:07:57] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:08:01] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [03:08:01] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:08:01] D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:08:01] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain failed: 00000000887A0004 !
    [03:08:06] D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain redirected successfully
    [03:08:06] ResizeBuffers succeeded !
    [03:08:06] Created DeferredContext successfully !
    [03:08:06] Initializing SMAA (width: 1920, height: 1080)...
    [03:08:07] SMAA enabled

if possible please if any one can tell me if the given error is indicating that the preset is not fully working also i dont know why i can never eneable filmgrain and start the game and i was hoping i can complete my experience with the sweet fx preset ..
    helping will going to be very highly appreciated .

best regards ..

5. IPterek

IPterek Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 4GB
    hello
    I have got lenovo y50 i7, gtx860m 4 GB, 8GB ram and windows 8.1

Watch dogs witch v1.03.471 patch and Worse 1.0 mode.

I have seen video on you tube where guy on y50 (16gb ram) test different settings and on high graphic (when I click "auto" it sets me high as well) game works on average 40 fps. I have about 23. I have tried various options and the best effect is on LOW setting with everything turned off. From medium it starts to slow to about 25 fps.

Is that because I have only 8 GB ram? But on auto sets it gives me high graphic so it should be at least 30 fps.

another consideration is about using of ram. When I play Watch Dogs It absorb 2000 mb that shows 68%... I would agree with that If I had 4 gb ram. Having 8gb it should be about 30 % shouldn't it be? Can I fix it somehw?
    maybe thats the problem?

thank you for help and apologize for my english.

6. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    double check you have all drivers installed and windows updates.

7. IPterek

IPterek Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 4GB
    all things updated. I have also turned off plenty of background apps and proccesing. In spite of this there are still many proccesses (60) that absorb 2000 mb ram + game = 4000 mb (50%). Quite much to use yet.

when I move in places where around are many buildings I have even 40 fps but when I go on the street it falls to 20 fps

8. PIRATEorNINJA

PIRATEorNINJA Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC 6GB
    do you ever defrag your hard drive.

9. IPterek

IPterek Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 4GB

nope. Its new computer

10. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    First thing, GTX 860M is not a super high performance card. It scores lower than a GeForce GTX 660 Ti and in some cases it performs at half of a GeForce GTX 660 Ti. Its not bad but you're not going to get very good results with Watch Dogs. Also you will not get the same results using a laptop vs a desktop with the same specs, laptop is always slower. Also about the percentage of mem usage. Don't forget about the pagefile. The game will use a certain amount of mem but the pagefile will also grow. Combine the two and your ram will be about 3/4 full. I would not worry about the ram usage, it is normal. Your video has 2gb of mem, on high textures the fps CAN quickly dip down when new textures are loaded. Add in a texture pack and it could get worse. Here is one trick to reduce low fps, ram usage and stutter if the mod you use has a texture pack. Run the textures on medium. The textures from the pack will be displayed at their higher quality. You'll get some of the performance from the medium texture setting while still having the nice textures from the pack. Any textures that are not in the pack will be displayed at medium. Most people only add in really common things like street, sidewalks, walls etc.. Foliage like leaves, grass, or the plant holders etc really don't need high textures. The only texture I have ever noticed to look bad doing it this way are the balloons at Jacksons birthday party. Toss in some balloon textures and problem solved. Its well worth the performance gains. With your laptop specs, mainly the video. I think the game is running like it should and everything is normal. Oh and get your patch updated with the new Ubisoft patch and you'll most likely get more performance. Good luck =)

11. IPterek

IPterek Guest

GPU:
    GTX860M 4GB

thank you for response. I have another question. When I install the patch should I put it in Watch dogs folder? So after instalation I have Watch dogs folder and in this folder I have another watch dogs folder?

and crack put into games folder or into patch folder?

I dont remeber well, but last time I did somethink wrong and there appeard error ...000148

12. MrEWhite

MrEWhite Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Reference 2GB
    The file name for the configurable mod is too long, as I got a error when extracting with winrar. so I just took out the version number in the title after I downloaded it and it worked.

13. irat

irat Guest

GPU:
    760GTX
    well i have the latest update with 1.0 i cant see any difference in the game any idea? :\

14. RavenousSix

RavenousSix Guest

GPU:
    MSi GeForce GTX N770 2Gb
    After installing the 1.0 Mod with Maldo textures I'm having the following problems:

-There is way more fog.
    -The view distance is significantly shorter, everything far away is blurred out.

It doesn't look anything like the comparison screenshots on the blog that show more vibrant colors and less fog.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  15. Lunayah

Lunayah Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670SLI
    Wheres CMH175 he was administering this thread before:3eyes:
    did he just had enough!:3eyes:

16. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    Can someone help me get SweetFX running? The files are in my bin folder and the game still runs but I can't toggle it on and off so I'm pretty sure something is wrong. Here's the steps I did

1) Downloaded SweetFX for Windows 8.1 from cmh175 steam thread
    2) Extracted and copied all the files to my bin folder
    3) Downloaded the Realistic Preset
    4) Copied the Realistic SweetFX Settings file to my bin folder and overwrote the old one

Like I said when I opened the game everything ran fine but I can't toggle the effects on and off and the game doesn't look different so I'm sure they're off. Did I miss something.

17. cmh175

cmh175 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 Classified
    lol I've been modding Skyrim lately. It didn't seem like there was much more to do with WD other than modding the spider tank for regular gameplay.

Depending on what you picked there wont be a visual difference from the official TW mod. Otherwise double check your install location for the mod tool, if you don't have it set correctly the mod wont install.

Did you only add Maldo's Textures or did you do anything else? I don't personally use very many texture mods, but I've tested them and they don't cause these issues. For example the textures wont effect the level of fog. Try reconfiguring your mod with your selected options.

This should be correct. Unfortunately I cant help very much with this since I have Win7. You'll have to look up Sweetfx Windows 8.1 troubleshooting.

18. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    SweetFX doesn't start automatically right?

19. Network24

Network24 Guest

GPU:
    860M 2GB
    Got SweetFX working. Found another page that helped me out. Does SweetFX usually cause an FPS drop? I seem to get around 5 less frames when using it.

20. k4sh

k4sh Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070 @ 2139-2152
    Depends on your settings.txt
    Some settings are said to drop framerate. comments say so.