GeForce 340.52 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    **Apperently its when i run the monitor at 144hz in windows, the gpu who is hooked up to the Asus rog swift monitor idle at 546-810mhz and the other one idle normaly at 324mhz. How ever if i set the monitor to 120hz then both cards idle at 324mhz.

2. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    @Johannah, Nvidia: We can't drive 144hz on lowest P-State. If user wants to have lowest P-state, he will need to drop refresh rate to 120hz.

Miracast Virtual Audio Nvidia:"At this time, Miracast is not supported on GeForce GPUs. A Beta driver mistakenly included a Miracast driver in the installation package. However, this driver was not functional. All drivers since this release have removed this non-functional driver."

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Both my cards idle at 324mhz normally with screen at 144hz? But mine is using dvi perhaps it's a dp issue?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  4. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

You are rather well informed for a 'nobody' :).

5. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Ah I see, thank you for the info! I guess ill set it up in nvidia control panel so that it will go to 120hz in windows, and when i launch a 3d application it will go to 144hz, and it should be good :)

Thanx!

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, I remember that stuff about 144Hz monitors and P-states here at Guru3d.

7. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Is anyone having hard locks in Firefox with these drivers?
    I had 2 while in Firefox since reinstalling windows and installing these fresh.
    The mouse would slow down and then hard lock.

I did have hardware acceleration on though.
    From what I understand it buggy at the best of times.

Don't think its the PC, ran memtest, Furmark, Prime95 all run for the past 12 hours+, Even played Watch_Dog for 3 hours no problems.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  8. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    it's pathetic officialize a feature when it's defective...
    dat HBAO+ profile for dark souls II flickers so much that i can barely keep my eyes on d screen ç.ç

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    No issues here with the latest Firefox. If you have addons, disable one by one and see if that it causing it. Check this out for hardware testing with Mozilla. https://developer.mozilla.org/media...illaorg-achi_1334270447_demo_package/HWACCEL/

10. dreamss

dreamss Guest

GPU:
    770gtx x2
    any idea whats going on with titanfall sli support? this last thurs patch was supposed to add it

nvidia dint seem to release a profile for it... u have any idea if an upcomming driver release will compliment the patch?

11. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Haven't had any issues since disabling Hardware acceleration, it was around this time both hard locks happened, waking up the computer browsing the web (Facebook, forums etc) the mouse would lag and boom lock.

Hasn't done it this morning.

Gaming for a few hours last night which was fine, even the weird pixelation on peoples face in Wolfenstein is gone.
    But I do have a new eVGA GTX780ti card, no longer using the Galaxy.

12. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    firefox is crap for me.

no matter what I do I cant get smooth scrolling without stutter or tearing on videos.

flash video appears to bounce when scrolling. youtube is worse with it. video and everything stuttering and bouncing.

in chrome I use wheel smooth scroller and its great. smooth fast scrolling.

in firefox. I disabled Hardware acceleration, but the stuttering is still there for couple minutes when sites load. with Hardware acceleration its worse.

it 2014 and firefox makes my system look weak.

meanwhile chrome flys on my system

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    never had any issues with firefox/waterfox over here.

14. schoolofmonkey

GPU:
    Galax 4090

Look what video card we have in common, Classifieds...lol

System has been stable with Hardware acceleration off since yesterday morning.
    I'd say that is what was cause it.

Though I won't be using a Classy on Friday it will be a ROG Matrix... :banana:

15. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    I have been having that issue ever since Nvidia released the 337.50 beta driver with the 'improvements' to the way it uses CPU. My system was without error from the day it was built through iteration after iteration of betas and WHQL, daily gaming and other system intensive tasks but all it took was 10 minutes with Firefox and the 337.XX drivers and onwards for my PC to hard lock. I tried 337.88 and the latest WHQL with the same result...

The last driver which works without error is 335.23 - the one before these 'improvements'.

No hard locks with hours and hours of BF4, just sitting with 1 tab of Firefox open reading a text forum will do it without fail.
    I gave up getting assistance on the Nvidia forum.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had some weird hard lock in FF today, it happened with YT playlist (was switched between 2 videos quickly) and then it freeze for few sec and crashed Flashplugin, it didnt took whole thing with it though..

Flash stopped responding and rest, happened only 1 time so far..

This is the max crash I ever saw so far even with my old gpus.., dunno if its drivier fault, but I did switch from Quadro to these GeForce now.

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    that sounds more like buggy flash than anything .

what does event viewer say , anything ?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nothing just checked it.. Yeah that's what I think too, but quadro didnt do it like that and I had it a lot longer. Maybe its just a big coincidence :)

19. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    Ok.. had Crash when i back to Older WHQL (377.xx). Then i clean install with this one again. Crash.

Uninstall Geforce Experience, no problems for 1 hours. need more testing, will do tomorrow.

20. EnterTheHaggis

EnterTheHaggis Guest

GPU:
    GTX780
    Hey Thunderbolt, try this, I used to get the same thing. This actually worked.

FIX:
    go to start, type in lusrmgr.msc under users delete updateuser, restart pc, install driver