Display Driver Uninstaller Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Wagnard, Jul 14, 2013.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    A new DDU but no new drivers to install :(

2. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Updated to 12.9.8.2
    -Fixed a bug preventing Physx removal.

3. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Look like someone that know Chinese Traditional for other country has take over to maintain it, not a bad news. :)

Thank for the person who do this.

4. ekrause77

ekrause77 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 770M
    Stuck at Creating System Restore Point. Please Wait...

I've been setting at Creating System Restore Point. Please Wait... for about an hour now. When I look at the System Restore tab everything is grayed out including create.

How long should I wait?

Window 8.1

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Its not normal. A system restore point should take normally less than a minute.
    I recommend that you restart the computer and try again.

6. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    If it grey like the image shown on this post/guide, then you has disabled it....
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/81500-system-restore-enable-disable.html
    And maybe this
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/81499-system-restore-configuration-enable-disable.html
    It should be the same ways to enable it on Windows 8+.

And yup, so it look like DDU may wanna check for the System Restore did disabled or not, and maybe asking for enable it, I guess?

Based on the guide, it is this register value you should check. :)
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\SystemRestore]
    "DisableSR"=dword:00000001

7. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    DDU doesnt even check if system restore is available, It just throw a request to windows via "winmgmts" to create the restore point. If DDU is jammed at the create restore point message, it mean that windows didn't respond to the createrestore point demand and this is not something that should happen on a healthy system.

Would be good to know if it happened again to the user and also, if the user is able to manually create a restore point.
    My 2 cents are that he cant even create one himself.

8. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, he said that it is greyed out, so he can't create it.
    Now give me your 2 cents!!! :roll:

9. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Its maybe just not enabled. He need to click on the system drive and hit configure. and enable system restore. Thats the only reason I think the "Create" button would be grayed out.
    Or maybe the service is turned off....

10. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Talking about service, it look like it is gone after Vista(last seen in Win XP), or maybe join into other service.
    ---
    Just keeping Google it, it is now improved and named as Volume Shadow Copy.:)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Copy

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

11. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    copy pasted from the 340.52 thread:

"I cannot install any geforce drivers any more. setup always stops during the installation process and keeps saying failed for the installation of the graphic driver (got a GTX760M, Windows 8.1 64-bit).

I deinstalled everything with DDU whenever I installed a new driver so I dont know why this happens in the first place. I tried installing this version or the 337.88 driver, same error in both cases. I also deleted and reinstalled both the nvidia driver and the intel driver with DDU and also ran driver fusion after that, nothing works any more. wtf is this?? I dont want to reinstall my windows."

all logs from today: https://www.sendspace.com/file/u2kcg2

12. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Try installing the driver manually via device manager. What is the error you get?
    also, give me a screenshot of our device manager and if there is any device with a yellow mark on it.

Ill be at work tonight and I should have time to provide assistance even by TeamViewer if necessary.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  13. Thunderbolt8

Thunderbolt8 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 760M
    sorry for the late reply, I am probably in another time zone.

hm for some reason its working now with the latest drivers. strange, dont know why. Ill report back in case there should be problems again.

14. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 12.9.8.3 (08-04-2014)

Changelog:
    -Fixed the pnplockdownfile CleanUP section for Windows vista and Windows 7. It got broken some revision ago :/ Thanks to mattcoops82 for the report.
    -Translation updates: Serbian Cyrilic & Serbian Latin ...by CrazY_Milojko

http://www.wagnardmobile.com

15. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Display Driver Uninstaller 12.9.9.0 (08-16-2014)

Changelog:
    -Changed the way the GPU are detected for removal to help remove them when they are in weird state.
    -More details on the log about the GPU. inf, inf section etc...
    -Tiny change on the check update procedure.
    -Additional AMD cleanup.
    -Fixed a possible "stuck at rebooting screen" when trying to reboot into safemode.
    -New translation: Ukraine; Thanks to Vladislav Denega (TheStels)

Download

Edit :
    DDU 12.9.9.1 Also released

-Fixed the automatic GPU cleanup selector. It was always selecting the nVidia card.

Edit 2 :

Release 12.9.9.2
    -Fixed the removal of disconnected / non present devices.

Download

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014

16. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    For the next version (13.0.0.0)
    I want to have the entire application to be translated.
    The coding is already done for that.
    What is left to do is actually translation the 2 newly added files for each languages

HERE is the link to the Language file.

When translating, please do not only rely on google translate and also feel free to add yourself in the about page for the credit. (please respect other translator that have also place their name there by not erasing it. Simply add yours.

Ill be waiting to have a few translation before officially releasing v13
    If you pick a translation, post here the language you are doing for not having 3 same translation of the same languages...

Thanks for your help guys.

Personally I'll take care of French.

17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I just found that you don't has tooltip for the checkbox, maybe you should showing more info about them.:)

Like the "Create a System Restore Point (if allowed)", it should showing more info about System Restore Point, something like "By creating a System Restore Point, the system will allow to restore to the status before using DDU, IF DDU caused issues for your computer".
    And so did the other like:
    "Remove C:\AMD and or C:\NVIDIA folders", "Both folders is a temporary folders for caching the installer files(Not including uninstaller), you can safely delete it after install".

"Save log files in startup path (recommended)", "By saving the log files, you can provide the log files to find out why the cleanup is failed, and many more"
    "Remove PhysX", "This remove PhysX System Software from your computer, which is needed for some games that using PhysX 2.x, if you are AMD users, you should remember to reinstall it after cleanup
    PhysX System Software can also be reinstall for Nvidia users via Express Install Nvidia graphic driver"

"Remove AMD Audio Bus", I am not sure about it, it should be HDMI, right? "This remove AMD Audio Bus, it provide sound for HDMI device and you can reinstall it via Express Install the AMD graphic driver"

"Remove 3DTV Play", "This remove 3DTV Play, 3DTV allow one 3D TV/Monitor to enable 3D for all type of 3D supported software by using TV bundle 3D glasses instead of 3D Vision glasses, you can reinstall it via Express Install Nvidia graphic driver"
    It should be reinstall via Nvidia driver, right?

And also the button 4.
    "Set Windows Automatic Driver installation to default.", "This reset Windows Automatic Driver installation to default, which will find the driver via Windows Update automatic when the system detected new hardware without driver, DDU set it as manual to prevent Windows automatic install the driver for graphic card after finish cleanup and reboot the system"

Sorry for that, as I has a Bad English, if there is any grammar mistakes, feel free to correct it.:)
    ---
    And ya, there is also a grammar mistake too.
    "*** You like DDU? Think about a Donation, it will help further developement. ***"
    It should be further 'development', I think you may need a Spell checker, the browser spell checker is a good choose. ;)

18. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah the checkbox will be detailed a bit more later. I didn't think they were important at the moment as they kinda are evident.
    For the AMD audio bus, its not the HDMI its a system device.

That for the time you took for the tool-tips example ill probably used them if your ok with this.

And ill fix the grammar you pointed out :)

19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    As DDU is targeting for normal user, normally they don't know much about what is the function, did cleaning up will affect normal use etc.(and it did affect some game that using PhysX 2.x for AMD users) :)

And ya, it is fine to using it, as long as the grammar is improved, as I think it should has some grammar issues.
    Except for the "Remove AMD Audio Bus", if it is indeed provide sound for HDMI, then it is ok. ;)

I also found one more.
    Is it ok to remove the ".," , and also the " when I translate to other language?

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Yeah those are mistakes of mine...

English is not my first language so Im quite open to also have English translation fixes :)