Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In Blackops2 they made uber DOF so it tasks high-end gpus more, otherwise it would be fine even on a 250gts xD

Its the same now, engine isnt demanding they made some crappy on purpose gfx options to cripple it - DOF, Blur, AO.

2. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Yeah the game isn't going to sell GPUs unless you want 4K@60fps or something along those lines.
    At 1080p this is going to be a piece of cake.

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Means this game won t be a ressource hog..? The ttextures look extremely gd u need a lot.of vram i suppose

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just watched the MP reveal. I'm so hyped :D Pick 10 and scorestreaks returning :D Give me Nuketown again and I'll be so happy :p

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I don't like the exo-sceleton idea. Not at all. Game was already incredibly fast in BO2 and it should be pure pain to balance it out.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Meh, i think they ruined it again. :(

7. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    It's basically Titanfall without parkour and giant mechs but has a load of perks most of which have been cut and pasted from previous games in the franchise. It's all going to come down to how good the maps are (I think MW2 had my favorite maps of the series). Couldn't care less about the single player campaign.

I wish they didn't bother making this game for the 360 or PS3, the graphics still look really dated.

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
  9. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

call of titanfall

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Zzzzzzzzz same game over and over and over. I dont mean to sound like a hater, but I dont understand why these games sell as much as they do..

11. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    What I dont understand....What else you want them to put in those games?
    For sakes....its a shooter....you walk around and you shoot people.....any difference you want?, new maps, few gameplay chances....

Never understood the same complaint over and over again...

12. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    It's the same complaint because it's virtually the same game every year. There are hardly any new gameplay mechanics (just slight changes) that justify a new titles every single year....

Of course, from a business perspective, you can't fault it...

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol the b!tching and moaning has already begun. I will check out how it does on the PC before buying it otherwise I'll get a PS4 to be my COD box :p

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Call of Duty looks exactly like...Call of Duty. More at 11. :p

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Nothing but fresh content. That's the point -> they're putting in "more" where there shouldn't be more than before.
    No crazy jumps, vehicles, superpowers... Just great "core" gameplay. Nothing more, nothing less.
    My favorite parts are still BO and WaW, followed by MW and MW2. I guess that says it all.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    How about actually adding to the core gameplay or reinvesting in dedicated servers, modding for the community, ladders, overhauling anticheat (which plagues every call of duty game)

There are lots of ways they can improve the experience but instead throw players new skins, new maps, call it modern and pack it up and sell it as such.

If you thinm that ths FPS genre isnt in need of a heart transplant, largely inpart due to the unwillingness of developers to come up with some new IP instead of coming back to the dried up well that is COD, then I really dont know what to tell you.

Anyway, i am not interested in turning this into an argument so Ill bow out here.

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It honestly doesn't look terrible and I could probably have quite a bit of fun playing it but the sad part is it looks like a empty shell nothing is an original idea.

Gameplay from titanfall but without the fluid wall running so when you jump into something you just bop into it and fall to the ground... They have took Levoloution from BF4 and even something similar to battlepacks lol and there is even parts of crysis mp thrown in.

My point is whether you liked titanfall, bf4 or crysis or not. They all brought fresh new ideas to the very stale FPS market and it's sad to see the big daddy of fps (cod is still the biggest fps lets face it) just copy and paste bits of other games and not bring any new major gameplay elements of its own.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If they were to do it the "Apple way", it'd be fine though. Take some good ideas and combine them to be one "perfect" product.
    Se of the fresh ideas should be kept within their franchises though, as some things simply don't mix well with others.
    As you said, it looks half-baked here and there. We'll find out soon enough. Can it get any worse than ghosts? :D

19. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yes... but Hammerhead hasn't had many foray's into the CoD universe... so they're trying something new.

And Scooby... it kinda sounds like what you're saying is you'd be more happy if they released essentially the same game, with better security/servers? You say "adding to core gameplay".... but you can't change a FPS too much without it becoming something else entirely. Look at TitanFall. It's more mech-shooter than infantry shooter.

I'm probably trading my copy of Ghosts in on it... or maybe try to sell it and put the money towards it. Seems more interesting than Ghosts is.

20. gringopig

gringopig Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    The way I feel about Call of Duty after all these years can be summed up neatly:

[​IMG]