Bolivia declares Israel a terrorist state

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by SLI-756, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Er.. the Pals have recognized the state of Israel back in 1993. An outcome of the Oslo peace accords.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_–_Palestine_Liberation_Organization_letters_of_recognition

But after the assassination of the Israeli PM Rabin, succeeding right wing governments went on a massive settlement building spree in violation of the accords (and intl law) and virtually scuttling the peace process. They view the land (West Bank or Judea and Samaria as they call it) as theirs to keep and will not give it back come hell or high water. Typically any other country trying to pull what the Israelis did would be branded a pariah state. But nope, the U.S. was there to protect it at the UN. Not out of principle but because of domestic U.S. politics and the power of the Israel lobby to get their way no matter what.

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Fun thread.
    Let's talk about cpu cooling metal chia pets instead.

3. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    You don't seem to have anything useful to add to the thread.

4. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Golda_Meir

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Like that's ever going to happen. They're trouble makers conditioned to love death and killing more than life and the living. I hope Israel dismantles all terrorist tunnels.

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    the tunnels are 60% destroyed from the last update i heard.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    IDF has their work cut out for them.

8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    The way in which western media is worded and manipulated is appalling in some news papers. Also I just don't see what pissing off the entire regions around them is going to accomplish.

9. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I dont see how this problem could be solved other way than just moving whole Palestine elsewhere.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They already have Jordan but they caused a brief civil war there too.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Personally, I don't care who wipes out who. Every time I turn on the tv, this is all I see and frankly I am getting tired of it. You want to blame Israel for killing children, you should put some of that blame on Hamas too. They;ve been killing their own people for decades now, but no one seems to be mentioning that.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The hypocrisy in all this is that non of the major parties in Israel recognize any size of a Palestinian State. Simplistically by international law, that defines Israel as a terrorist state. That is why Bolivia can get away with stating such. One has to remember that political parties and their agendas do not necessarily reflect the sentiments of the people they claim to represent. My prayers go to the innocent civilians on both sides.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Other arab states refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist and fund terrorists like Hamas, they're no saints.

14. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    As far as I'm concerned most of it belongs to Hamas they actually have the most to win from civilian casualties and count on it in the propaganda war.Palestine elected these guys you reap what you sow.

15. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Let me reword that: Peace will come when Israel gets the Hell out of land it has no right to.

You should have had some serious brainwashing to even begin to believe that the Israelis occupy lands they have a single right to.

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    I think they'll be OK http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six-Day_War

17. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    So simple huh? Kick em all out.....wow hate begets hate

18. keasy

keasy Banned

GPU:
    d1cK
    Hamas didn't take power in Gaza until the late 2000's.
    HAMAS do not recognize Israel's right to exist.

19. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    FACT: When Israel was established, there was also land set aside for a Palestinian state. What happened to this land? Did Israel grab it? NO, they did not. It was forcibly annexed by Jordan and many Palestinians were killed or ejected.

I support Israel 100% and also am of the opinion that the Muslims have no right to be in the area at all. It's a shame the Crusades ultimately failed. I would personally like to see all Muslims ejected from Jerusalem and the Dome of the Rock destroyed. It's the Muslims who have no right to the land with the possible exception of the Gaza strip.

Before you ask, NO, I am not Jewish.

20. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I always like to point out the irony of Israel/Palestine.

Roman emperor Hadrian renamed Judea to Palestine.
    At which time, the people of Judea/Palestine became known as "[Jewish] Palestinians".

Then there was a Roman forced conversion to Christianity, at which point the people of Judea/Palestine became "[Christian] Palestinians".

Later there was a forced conversion to Islam, at which point the people of Judea/Palestine became "[Islamic] Palestinians".

Rome came and went, the Byzantine empire came and went, and the Palestinian people remained.

Then when Europeans needed somewhere to relocate all the displaced European Jews after WW2, instead of giving them back their stolen homes in Gemany/Poland/etc, they helped them migrate to British colonial Palestine - because "the bible says Jews are from Judea, derp, and the Palestinians are Islamic, derp"... along the way kicking out the descendents of the /actual/ Jews of the bible.

And when the area around Israel started to give local Jews crap about what was going on in Israel, their local Jewish Arab populations subsequently ran to Israel, and kicked out some more locals.

So you end up with a country made of immigrants, claiming to 'be the people of the land', while actually kicking out the original people of the land. ::ironic::

-scheherazade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.